Le Cellier or Spoodles with kids?

storybookmum

DIS Veteran
Just looking for an opinion here; we have PS at Spoodles one night for the five of us (DH, me, DSD - 13, DD - 6, DD - 3). I've been reading a lot of Le Cellier raves lately and am wondering if I ought to reconsider.

We're in Canada, so I had kind of automatically eliminated it without giving it a lot of thought, and the UOG added in that it was dark and gloomy....so I just didn't do it.

Opinions, anyone (anyone who's done both?)

Thanks,

Kris

We have done both..frankly, Spoodles has better food.

We love the appetizers, breadsticks and desserts at Le Cellier, the entrees..we usually skip.

Anyway..after dinner at spoodles, you and the kids can enjoy all the things going on at the Boardwalk. Makes for a great evening.

We have done both, and I think they are both very good. It depends on what kind of food you want. Also, Le Cellier is very convenient on your Epcot day. We went to Spoodles on our day off. The Boardwalk was fun in the evening. I don't really think Le Cellier is gloomy. You might want to look at the menus on allearsnet.com

I don't think you can go wrong with either. Have fun!

We haven't been to Spoodles, but loved Le Cellier this past August. The food was fantastic, and it wasn't remotely dark and gloomy. DD14 and DS6 also enjoyed it. I second the suggestion to check the menus on allearsnet.com.

Good luck,
Julie

I have been to Spoodles several times. Our party has yet to have a really good meal there. Le Cellier, on the other hand, was superb! I think the atmosphere is pleasant. UOG is way off on this one.

We have never tried Spoodles, but we took my then DD3 with us to LeCellier. She enjoyed it. The steak was very good. From what I remember, this was a couple of years ago, my DD had something off the childrens menu. They also gave her some colors and a coloring page. Our waiter really went out of his way to make her feel extra special. He asked us her name when we first got there and always asked if Princess Kristen needed anthing. He kissed her on the hand before we left and said, " Enjoy the rest of your day Princess Kristen." She of course ate that up. But that is why we keep going back to Disney, their CM's just have a way of making every day magical.

Originally posted by K and K's Mommy
Also, Le Cellier is very convenient on your Epcot day. We went to Spoodles on our day off. The Boardwalk was fun in the evening.

The dinner in question will be an Epcot day; I'm really very hazy on the Boardwalk, never been there, but I had the impression we could walk to Spoodles from Epcot. Is that reasonable? It's not necessary, but it would be convenient if that's the case.

I'm very interested in the Boardwalk, and would be delighted to hear more about it, but perhaps that's another thread....

Thanks!

Kris

I stayed at the Dolphin and walked to the BW, which was a nice walk, but a little longer than it looked. I guess you could walk from Epcot to Spoodles, but it is a bit of a hike. We never tried walking from the Dolphin to Epcot. We always took the boat.

I've eaten at both many, many times, and like both. I think I prefer Spoodles because I prefer that type of food. If you want a lighter meal, take Spoodles. Le Cellier is a heavier meal. IMHO it's got a lot of Pacific NW influence, so I wouldn't rule it out as too much like home.

I do'nt think Le Cellier is gloomy at all, it's warm and comforting, one of my favorite places on a chilly evening, although I'd rather dine at Spoodles on a hot summer night.

Anne

And FYI, Epcot to Spoodles is a casual 10 minute stroll. Very walkable.

Anne

Our family tried both Le Cellier and Spoodles this summer and we really loved both! Different styles, but both pleasing in their own way.

We also disagreed with the UOG opinion on Le Cellier -- found it cozy inside, plus good food and friendly service. The kids found fewer kids menu choices at Le Cellier than at Spoodles, but did enjoy the pasta and steak. The "Chocolate Moose" dessert was a big hit!

At Spoodles our kids enjoyed several appetizers with us as well as "smoothies" and all had pasta variations for dinner. Our server here was also great.

Our kids have rated both of these restaurants in the thumbs-up category. We agreed -- would return to either. Wish it were this weekend!! ::yes::

Our family prefers Le Cellier. It seems cozy to us but in a good way. I really think the menus will help you decide.

If you want steak, go Le Cellier. I think the Boardwalk might be fun for your kids if you go on an evening when they have the festivities. It's such an easy walk from Epcot's International Gateway--I'd say just over 5 minutes, not any different than walking from one end of World Showcase to the other.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter