• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Leaving in 2 days, still need tickets & resort....feeling stressed.

bcbmommy

DIS Veteran
Because of my husband's job, we often have to plan last minute trips, but this is probably the closest we've ever cut it. We're wanting to leave early Wednesday morning for Universal to celebrate my 50th! Ideally, we'd like to stay at a premier resort so we can have EP, but I know beggars can't be choosers at this point. I'm still noticing availability at the premiers, but it's hit or miss for a AP discount. Since we probably won't get there until about 5 pm, I'm wondering if we should choose SF just for the first night. My question, however, is will we get the use of the EP the next day before we check in to the new hotel? If not, how early can we check in?
In regard to tickets, I'm planning on getting myself the AP and getting regular tickets for my other 3, possibly upgrading theirs before we leave. I did notice that on the Seasonal Pass, I'd be blocked out from using it the 5th and 6th because of concerts. So I'm assuming I'd need the more expensive pass. Is it too late to purchase UT tickets? Would they be delivered to my email immediately?

Thank you so much for any help and advice!

Am I reading correctly that today is Monday and you will arrive on Wednesday but have not booked a room yet?

call and book a room today for onsite hotel

have you checked for rooms availability?
If not, do that now!

You can buy the ap or park tickets at the hotel if you don’t buy it online today.

Wishing you a very happy :bday:
and all goes smooth for you

You can check into the hotel first thing in the morning (I believe something like 6:30am but have not personally done so) just to get your room keys, which are your EPs. Your room probably won't be ready, but they'll hold your bags while you head to the park.

You can use the Seasonal Pass at Islands of Adventure on the 5th & 6th, you just can't enter the Studios. Or, you can upgrade to the Power Pass. Of course, once you're at the Power Pass you may want to do the math if that extra $50 to the Preferred is worth it for the discounts... If you'll make 2 trips w/ 4 people, I strongly suspect you'll save more than $50 in discounts.

Read UT's fine print on their e-tickets. I believe they are delivered very quickly normally (same day, within an hour or so) but they may hedge that just in case.

Am I reading correctly that today is Monday and you will arrive on Wednesday but have not booked a room yet?

call and book a room today for onsite hotel

have you checked for rooms availability?
If not, do that now!

You can buy the ap or park tickets at the hotel if you don’t buy it online today.

Wishing you a very happy :bday:
and all goes smooth for you

Yes, you read it right. Is it better to call the resorts to book rather than booking online? I'm seeing availability online, but not necessarily at the same hotels on consecutive nights.
Is there any way the park tickets could sell out for our dates, like Disney?
And thank you for the Happy Birthday wishes!!

You can check into the hotel first thing in the morning (I believe something like 6:30am but have not personally done so) just to get your room keys, which are your EPs. Your room probably won't be ready, but they'll hold your bags while you head to the park.

You can use the Seasonal Pass at Islands of Adventure on the 5th & 6th, you just can't enter the Studios. Or, you can upgrade to the Power Pass. Of course, once you're at the Power Pass you may want to do the math if that extra $50 to the Preferred is worth it for the discounts... If you'll make 2 trips w/ 4 people, I strongly suspect you'll save more than $50 in discounts.

Read UT's fine print on their e-tickets. I believe they are delivered very quickly normally (same day, within an hour or so) but they may hedge that just in case.

Thank you. That sounds doable to check in early for the EP! I did also notice a decent deal at HR, but it's only for the first night. Is that crazy to make separate reservations? Hopefully we'll only need to switch resorts once.

Okay, I'm seeing an AP rate of 466 per night at Portofino (CL) for 2 nights. With taxes and fees, it's a little over $1000 for 2 nights. Does that sound pretty good? I'm thinking about jumping on that and then adding the first night at SF or HR.

Yes, you read it right. Is it better to call the resorts to book rather than booking online? I'm seeing availability online, but not necessarily at the same hotels on consecutive nights.
Is there any way the park tickets could sell out for our dates, like Disney?
And thank you for the Happy Birthday wishes!!

You can book online. If you see a rate you are happy with (like you mentioned for Portofino in the other post) then I would go ahead and book it. That rate this close to when you arrive looks decent IMO.

Park tickets don't sell out. Yes technically the parks could fill up, but that really only happens like on New Years Eve and other super heavy holiday times. You'll be fine. But IMO you should buy your tickets online ahead of time as it's cheaper than paying at the gate/in person.

Edit: Happy Birthday! Hope you will have a blast on your trip

You can book online. If you see a rate you are happy with (like you mentioned for Portofino in the other post) then I would go ahead and book it. That rate this close to when you arrive looks decent IMO.

Park tickets don't sell out. Yes technically the parks could fill up, but that really only happens like on New Years Eve and other super heavy holiday times. You'll be fine. But IMO you should buy your tickets online ahead of time as it's cheaper than paying at the gate/in person.

Thank you! I went ahead and booked Portofino for the 3-5. Now I just need to book something for our first night, the 2nd. I'm seeing availability at SF and HRH. I'm wondering if HRH would be simpler since it's closer to Portofino, and then we'd have our EP already and not have to worry about getting to Portofino so early. Although....I guess we'll have to check out of either one regardless, so maybe it doesn't matter.

Thank you! I went ahead and booked Portofino for the 3-5. Now I just need to book something for our first night, the 2nd. I'm seeing availability at SF and HRH. I'm wondering if HRH would be simpler since it's closer to Portofino, and then we'd have our EP already and not have to worry about getting to Portofino so early. Although....I guess we'll have to check out of either one regardless, so maybe it doesn't matter.

HRH is the closest to PB, and if you don't have a ton of luggage you could easily walk with it from one to the other. But it will likely be the most expensive choice for a single night. If the cost isn't a concern I would do HRH in your situation.

From SF, you'll probably save a lot of money, but would likely want to take an uber/lyft/cab to move to PB.

HRH is the closest to PB, and if you don't have a ton of luggage you could easily walk with it from one to the other. But it will likely be the most expensive choice for a single night. If the cost isn't a concern I would do HRH in your situation.

From SF, you'll probably save a lot of money, but would likely want to take an uber/lyft/cab to move to PB.

Thank you so much for your advice! I'm going to book HRH for convenience sake.

I apologize for all the questions, but I'm wondering if when we check in to PB, does my whole group need to be there? I was going to send my husband and son to the parks early, while my daughter and I check out of HRH and head over to PB. Will they be able to give us our EP for all 4 of us without us all being there?
Also, when traveling to Universal from Kissimmee airport, would it just make sense to use an Uber or is there a better option?
Thank you!!

Your EP is valid for the day you check in and the day you check out.

Thank you. I just wasn't sure if I could check in without my whole party being there. I know they'll have EP's from HRH that they can use that day, but didn't know if we were issued new ones for the rest of our stay at PB right when we check in. Anyway...now I'm seeing that something just popped up for PB, so I could've stayed there the whole time, ugh. Oh, well! lol.

It’s your choice to stay at the first hotel if room is available for you

if you do switch hotels, you get a new room key card which is valid for the same perks

if your stay is short for the total vacation, stay at one hotel

less time loss overall is what I would do

Well, I literally booked HRH minutes before I saw that there was an opening at PB. I'm guessing they won't let me switch hotels at this point?

Thank you. I just wasn't sure if I could check in without my whole party being there. I know they'll have EP's from HRH that they can use that day, but didn't know if we were issued new ones for the rest of our stay at PB right when we check in. Anyway...now I'm seeing that something just popped up for PB, so I could've stayed there the whole time, ugh. Oh, well! lol.

No, everyone doesn`t need to be there at check in. You can be issued with the room keys with everyone registered in the room names on them and date of stay.

Okay, one more question! I'm going through the process of purchasing our tickets online, and it's asking if I want a mobile ticket, print @ home or Will call kiosk. I know this shouldn't be a difficult decision, but I'm wondering if there's a benefit to one over the others. If I choose to print tickets at home, will they give us a hard copy, or can we add it to our phones as well?
Also, is it correct that I need to buy the preferred pass for myself since we'll be there during a concert? The rest of the family will get regular tickets, but since I reserved a room with an AP discount I'll need to get one for myself. Again, thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter