Leaving next week for my pre cruise ABD and

Tozzie

DIS Veteran
This is more of a whine but I am just agravated

I am leaving on Tuesday for Copenhagen and the pre cruise ABD and I broke my toe last week, the only shoes I can put on my feet are flip flops.

It is going to be in the 50's and low 60's in Copenhagen and the ports on the cruise. I had to cancel my excursions because I can't wear the shoes required .

I am just having a pity party tonight and I knew I could whine here.

Oh no!!! I'm sorry! I know you're frustrated and upset...I know I would be. I'm sure you can still make the best of it, but it is okay to whine and have a pity party.

OMG, Tozzie, how awful!! (Actually, that sounds like something I'd do.) I am so sorry to hear that! :( Any chance you could buy some socks with separate toes so that at least your feet won't freeze in your flip flops? I'm sure the Adventure Guides will work with you to make sure you see and do as much as possible during your pre-cruise stay. I'm assuming you've let ABD know so they can inform your Guides?

I totally understand your frustration, and yes, you totally deserve a whine and a pity party, and a few good swears, too! At least you didn't have to cancel the entire trip! I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time, even if it isn't the time you were expecting!

I'll keep good thoughts for your toe. :(

Sayhello

Last edited:
Oh no! We are in Copenhagen now, boarding our cruise today. We've been here for 3 days on our own and we've walked a lot! That said, a decent pair of flip flops would not have been a deal breaker. It has been in the 50's, rainy one day, sunny to overcast the rest. The streets are cobblestones, at least in the old town area but for the most part not so bad as to needing hiking shoes. I've worn Keen sandals the whole time. Sometimes with socks sometimes without.
So I totally get the pity party (I broke my toe two days before my senior year ballet recital) I don't think all is lost.

Can you find Yellow Box flip flops? They are super comfy and my go to WDW shoes for years until just recently.

Tozzie, one of my contacts at ABD suggests Crocs and taping your toe. Apparently she's traveled with a broken toe!

Sayhello

Tozzie, I'm very sorry to hear that. I hope you still have a wonderful time. Are you going on the Fjord cruise departing the 6th?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter