• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

LeCellier's Chef Excursion

7thdwarf/dopey

<font color = red>Disney for Dopey and Dopey for D
The menu for the "Chefs Excursion" confused me a little bit.
It states : Salmon, 20 oz. bone -in Rib eye and dessert at $38 a person.
Has anyone ever tried this? How was it , what did you get, and was it worth the money? :smooth:

Can you use one of your wishes for this? I have to clue what it is all about but willing to try it:D

Hi Gail.......I'm not sure if a wish can be used for this.

The meal sounds like ALOT of food for one person. Over at allears is the menu for LeCelliers and that is where I saw this dish. It is a current menu too.

I am surprised that with all the folks that have read this thread that no one knows of this meal. :confused:

Bump .. I know what the chef's excursion is but haven'y tried so can give any advice.:wave2: Goodluck in finding an answer.

:boat: bump...how about one more spin around the lake.

No one has ever heard of this?

Below is the menu direct from Deb Willis' site www.wdwig.com.

Chef's Excursion

A three course dining selection:

Wild Mushroom Risotto -
Finished with Truffle Butter and Shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano

14 oz. New York Strip Steak -
rich and flavorful, finished with Veal Demi Glace

Chocolate Bread Pudding
Tarragon infused ice cream, white chocolate sauce,
finished with chocolate vanilla oil

$34.99 per person

Chef's Excursion Wine Pairing also available - $26.99 per person

Sorry I can't help. But here's another bump for you at least.

I bet Uncleromulus may have had this before. Hopefully he will come along and possibly comment on whether he has or hasn't.

I had the chef's excursion on our June trip. The appetizer was 3 salmon fritters/cakes. There were wonderful--the outside was nice and crispy, while the inside was perfect. I shared these with DH.

The entree was NY Strip, done exactly to my taste with a side of risotta. I shared this with DD. DH had his own to eat.

The dessert was a sampler: Maple Creme brulee (no one got any of this but me); rasberry sorbet with white chocolate, DH got to eat the chocolate flourless cake.

It was alot of food, but I shared, so I don't feel like I was a complete pig. I thought it was a great value!

Thankyou all so much for your help! :bounce: :bounce:

It sure does sound like alot of food :earseek:

I wonder if two people could split the meal.

I had this dinner in June. My wife and I shared the salmon starter. I got the steak. It was one of the best I have ever had. I'm going to have it again in October Our whole family is going down 22 people. My wife had the chicken it was very good. We shared the dessert sampler, loved the Creme Brulee. This dinner is worth every penny you pay. More than enough food and I'm a big eater Steak was as good as any at disney IMHO. Enjoy your vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter