legoland

LOLA2

TINK<br><font color=9966ff> I never heard of not t
any opinions on legoland? My husband is very excited to take the kids 5,10
next year when we go to Disney. On trip advisor there are a lot of terrible reviews. Will we be dissapointed?

I think you will be disappointed if you compare DL to Legoland. They are two totally different fruits. :-) Your ten year old may find many of the rides too young for him or her. We have two boys, ages 3 and 4 and they LOVE Legoland. They are still too small for a few of the attractions, but get on most everything. We enjoy it because there are areas to just let the kids be kids by building, exploring, racing, etc. We are very relaxed there and enjoy the leisurely pace and activities. We have a trip planned there for the 10th of June again. Will arrive the night before and let the boys play on the beach. My husband has just as much fun there as the boys do! He really has a great time there with them, and I enjoy watching and getting on lots of the rides. There aren't characters floating around like Disney, although we did see one guy in a foam Lego costume at the entrance. Not nearly as large, but neither were the lines or crowds. Let me know if I can answer any more questions for you!

I think its a great place. Its not Disneyland, but it is alot of fun in its own right. I look forward to taking my 8 yo again. The 12 yo has been a couple of times in the past and while he enjoyed it he no longer has any desire to go.

I agree it's no Disneyland but my DD6 likes it. Your older kid might be less interested however, they have a few more thrill rides for older kids/adults now than they used too. And yes, there are areas where the kids can just have fun, and be a kid. My DD loves the playground and the water fountain squirter thing with the musical instruments. Of course, she's happy anywhere as long as we all stay in one room, and there's a pool. And/or a beach.

I just picked up some coupons from a local restaurant here (Pickup Stix) for free kids admission, 1 for each paid adult. They expire end of the year.

Hi -

We took our 5 yo son who is a LEGO FANATIC to LL in April for his birthday. Like the other posters stated LL is NOT DL!!! We had an okay time but after we left he said he would have rather stayed another day at Disneyland! -- Out of the mouth of Babes!!!

The park hours were restrictive - 10a to 6pm. We stayed from open to close and did not ride that many rides. The cost of the tickets were comparable to DL but the hours are MUCH shorter.

Keep in mind that most of the rides only seat 2 people so you will have to split up. They are VERY strict about the height requirements -- 48 inches to ride alone on most of the rides - my son who is VERY tall for his age -- 4 turned 5 durning the trip was only 47 inches and it was a "no go" for him.

We thought the crowds were quite similar to DL (Sun - Wed) We went to LL on Thursday April 13. I took lots of pictures and made a beautiful photo album/scrapbook but we will not go back as we felt that was enough.

I personally would have rather spent more time at DL -- Just my 2cents!!

Heidi

We took DS8 to LL about a month ago. He is a LEGOMANIAC!! so he loved it. :woohoo: It was a nice break from DL -- not as crowded and a more leisurely pace. He rode almost all of the rides by himself (he's 54 inches), but did not ride the bigger roller coasters and new Knights Tournament ride (you go upside down and twist all over the place), he's not a thrill seeker. We really liked all the interactive things to do with Legos. DS especially liked building and racing his very own race car - plenty of room and I think 3 different tracks (similar to Cub Scouts pinewood derby tracks). Plus, DS had tons of fun shopping at EVERY store we walked by (it was his b-day and he had $ burning a hole in his pocket). And, MiniLand is really cool. While we were there, they had kids make flowers with all different kinds/colors of legos to plant in their "flower garden." They also had different types of shows and entertainment, but we never found the time to do those. Yes, the hours are shorter, but we managed to do everything we wanted to - even play miniature golf inside the park! We spent the entire day there (a Sunday), then went back to DL for the evening. So, if your kids are into legos, they will love this place. :thumbsup2

I enjoyed Legoland. It was clean and there are rides for the entire family. You can ride the coolest ride at the park -- Aquazone! It's like a water whip.

I went at the end of April and the park was virtually empty! I spent a lesuirely half day at the park.

I really hope we enjoy it. (my son's LOVE LL so I'm betting we'll love it) Legoland is the only reason we are doing DL this year instead of WDW so it'd better be good! LOL ;)

My kids loved it. We've gone twuce - when they were 3 & 7 and then again when they were 7 & 11. They love the driving school. The youngest liked the shows (probably too young for my oldest now), but she liked the MINDSTORMS lab that you have to sign up for.

Definitely get there at opening, as they never stay open later than 8. I think with kids 12 and under, it's a great day. Granted, it it were this or Disneyland, I do Disney, but if you have enough time to do DL (2-3 days), then this is a good trip.

When and where do you sign up for the Mindstorms lab? I know my son would LOVE that! Thanks in advance! :)

TwingleMum said:
What is Mindstorms Lab????

From the Legoland website:

Stop by the MINDSTORMSTM Center to reserve a hands-on tutorial during your vist at LEGOLAND (advanced reservations not available).

Build and program cutting edge, computerized LEGO® MINDSTORMS robots that obey your every command.

Minimum age: 10 years

You sign up for Mindstorms, to the right across from Miniland and the place where kids can build small lego race cars. It is best to sign up first thing as the slots fill up later in the day. They have video games (lego type) the kids can play on computers next door and no one plays them in the am but they are of course too crowded in the afternoon when the parents are tired!

LOLA2 said:
any opinions on legoland? My husband is very excited to take the kids 5,10
next year when we go to Disney. On trip advisor there are a lot of terrible reviews. Will we be dissapointed?
We have been going to DL for the past five summers as well as legoland and the zoos. My boys now both 7 and 5 would rather do legoland than disney. I would love to go to legoland without them. I think it is the neatest place and if you do have the chance it is surely something to see. All of the rides are neat and starting June 21 they will be adding a whole new pirate adventure area in the back of the park with water themed pirate rides. Looks very cool. The mini land area is so neat. I find it absolutely amazing the things they have built out of legos. It just is the coolest. They have two roller coaster rides and they have a spot where you can dig up dinosaur bones. Something to be done right away in the morning. It can be dirty though. They just added a minature golf course which costs and extra $6.00 on top of admission to the park. Don't get me wrong I do love disney but Legoland is a park not to be missed.

Carla

Thanks for your input Carla! It's wonderful to hear that LL is as much fun as Disney! LL is the reason we are doing DL this year instead of WDW so I love reading such great reviews about it! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter