I grew up on the movies, of course, but for some reason never took away a connection to the characters like I have to the actual theme park. They are so clean, so planned, so thoughtful, and so detail-oriented. It's truly an escape.

I'm also a big planner so fixating on a Disney trip is perfect for me. I love to plan, plan, plan but once I arrive on vacation I'm completely open to anything. I just like arriving prepared and knowing what my options can be. I'm definitely not someone who gets upset when things change or go awry.

I'm REALLY looking forward to my solo trip. It's been a blast planning to do everything entirely on my own terms.

I'm also a big planner so fixating on a Disney trip is perfect for me. I love to plan, plan, plan but once I arrive on vacation I'm completely open to anything. I just like arriving prepared and knowing what my options can be. I'm definitely not someone who gets upset when things change or go awry.
Yes! For me, the planning is as much part of the fun as the actual trip. I have my spreadsheet, with each day divided into segments, dining reservations get put in there, what I'll wear each day ... I like to Disneybound which is then another whole planning piece, putting together outfits, trying new things, getting ears to match ... plus we make thank you cards for cast members, and envelopes for mouse keeping, so I get to spend time before the trip getting all creative and crafty, which just adds to my enjoyment of the trip. I definitely get the Disney joy for months, rather than just during the vacation.

Although only four days to go now... !!!

Hello magical humans!! So happy to see all the conversations flowing through this thread. Those of you that are partnered and get to enjoy Disney with your loves - I love that so much and I cannot wait for that day myself! 🥰 Those of you doing solo trips - you're inspiring me and I was meant to receieve this message. After being bummed that a friend had to cancel our plans for a Sept WDW trip, I realized... I could go on my own! I haven't officially booked it yet but every day my heart is saying DO IT! Thank you for sharing!

Amy's run on Jeopardy was AMAZING. I grew up with Ken Jennings articles taped to my fridge and it was so fabulous to enjoy them both at once! Can't wait for TOC.

Curious... those that have been to both parks. I've noticed from watching videos on SM that Disneyland is MUCH much smaller. Two parks, instead of four? How many days would you recommend for Disneyland, in comparison to how many you'd recommend for WDW?

Peace and love to you all as you enter this new week! 💫

Hello magical humans!! So happy to see all the conversations flowing through this thread. Those of you that are partnered and get to enjoy Disney with your loves - I love that so much and I cannot wait for that day myself! 🥰 Those of you doing solo trips - you're inspiring me and I was meant to receieve this message. After being bummed that a friend had to cancel our plans for a Sept WDW trip, I realized... I could go on my own! I haven't officially booked it yet but every day my heart is saying DO IT! Thank you for sharing!

Amy's run on Jeopardy was AMAZING. I grew up with Ken Jennings articles taped to my fridge and it was so fabulous to enjoy them both at once! Can't wait for TOC.

Curious... those that have been to both parks. I've noticed from watching videos on SM that Disneyland is MUCH much smaller. Two parks, instead of four? How many days would you recommend for Disneyland, in comparison to how many you'd recommend for WDW?

Peace and love to you all as you enter this new week! 💫

Heya. It all depends how much you want to speed around or how much you want to relax. I went to Disneyland for 4 days and found that perfect. I suffer from motion sickness so not having to take busses to the park was the BEST thing about DL for me! lol Even when the monorail wasn't working and I had to walk all the way from Disneyland Hotel.

In the Before Times, I attended a conference in Anaheim every five years in mid-December, so I would go early and immerse myself in DL. It was an easy walk from the Convention Center hotel. I found that I wanted more than three days to fully explore and enjoy and soak it all in. You can get all the rides done in two, maybe three, depending on how busy it is. But there is so much to just relax and soak in. I agree with @HeatherLassell that four is perfect. Plus everything is so compact, and Downtown Disney is right there too. (I would keep adding extra days to my ticket and spending my evenings at the park after the conference wrapped up for the day. I love just hanging out in Cars Land - and this was pre-Batuu too)

So excited to see this thread! My wife and I have been to Disney together once, back in 2016, but are going again (finally) in 2023 and taking our NEW SON with us! He's going to be about 2.5 years old when we go. I've never taken a kid to Disney before, and I know it's going to require a whole new level of planning. We're also doing DCL for the first time on that trip. Will I survive the planning stress? Story at 11.

Three (Disney) things about us: our self-proclaimed avatars are Flynn, Rapunzel, and Pascal. I have been in Enchanted Tales with Belle twice now and would do it again in a heartbeat. My favorite attraction is Soarin'... by far. AND I HAVEN'T BEEN ON THE NEW ONE AND I'M SO EXCITED OMG.

I'm late to this party but also a Disney-loving lesbian! My partner and I have been maybe ten times in our six years together to Disneyland and a few years ago we did a trip to Orlando (we only made it to Animal Kingdom, we're big animal lovers). We're saving up for a baby right now, hoping to bring a little one on our next trip!

My partner and I got engaged during our trip earlier this month!

But before I share that story, I need to share another one. We were hanging out in the upstairs of the Poly lobby between leaving our room and our Mears pickup time, eating lunch and doing last-minute shopping and stuff. And we started spotting another family that captured our attention because it consisted of a middle-aged mom and two adult men (somewhere between mid-20s and mid-30s) who were clearly identical twins, and who were dressed exactly alike. Same haircut, same facial hair, same Toy Story hoodie, same shorts, same shoes. We knew by then that families sometimes do matching shirts in the park, but we weren't in a park, we were in a hotel, and these two grown men (not kids) were absolute Xerox copies of each other. Same body type, same walking gait. It was uncanny. Every time they passed by, we marveled at them (I know, we're completely immature and probably rude, but we'd never seen adult twin men dress alike like that).

When it was nearing time for our bus to arrive, we headed downstairs to get our luggage from bell services. So did they. We sat on a bench to wait for the bus, with the other family only paces away.

Meanwhile, I'd been carrying my mom's old engagement ring around in my bag most of the week, waiting for a good opportunity to propose. I didn't have a plan because this was my partner's first time at a Disney park since the early '80s, and we didn't have any places or attractions that held particular meaning for us yet. So I'd basically been waiting for a good moment and not really finding one (and the ring was setting off the metal detectors every time we entered the park, so that was fun). At this point, the clock was ticking, the bus would arrive soon, and I knew I'd regret it if I didn't seize the day.

My partner was still fixated on the other family at this point and trying to take stealthy pictures of them (I know, I know), so she was barely paying attention when I said, "Do you want to get engaged at Disney World?" because I'm a dork, and that's probably the dumbest way to ask someone to marry you. She only half-attentively said, "Yeah!" while still staring at the family with the identical identical twins. Then she looked down and saw that I was holding the ring, and she was like, "Oh!"

So that is the story of my queer Disney engagement! The conversation was more like what you'd expect after that. Kissing, hugging, and then, "Oh I think that's our bus!"

Epilogue: The twins and their mom were on our bus. We were the only parties on the bus until our next stop. By habit, we sat several rows past them, so we weren't able to hear them, and we'll never know if they talked alike, too. It's too bad. It would have been fitting to invite them to our eventual wedding.

Hi everyone, I don't know if I'm late to the thread but I thought I'd say hello. My name is Ashley and I'm bisexual. I'm a pretty big Disney fan, grew up with the movies, soundtracks and later Disney Channel. As a child had a big Alice in Wonderland obsession (as and adult I get why!). I'm supposed to be going to WDW in December and the last time I went was 1999 I think so it's been a while for me. It's going to be a family trip (with my stepmom and her kids and grandkids) so I'm trying to absorb any info I can about going during that time.

Hi Everyone,
Jumping onto this thread to say Hi,
A UK-based Disney loving lesbian here, we spent last month in Orlando for our Honeymoon!
The cast members were brilliant and we were regularly congratulated wearing our 'Happily Ever After' buttons (as you US folk call them), the best had to be Goofy during a meal at Tusker House, he asked about the buttons, hugged us both, jumped up and down clapping and hugged us both again, that brought the first disney-tear of the trip to my eye

3 Things:
1) A family trip in 1998 then again in 1999 started an obsession with parks and park history for me, which developed into being the intense researcher and planner, friends and family both use me for park information, planning tips etc
2) With my wife we've visited Walt Disney World in 2017 and last June, Disneyland and Disneyland Paris in 2019. We had plans to visit the Asian parks in 2020 but that fell through for obvious reasons.
3) Favourite WDW park is Epcot, global park is Disneyland and favourite restaurant is Ohana, it's the only one we've returned to. We've never stayed on site so can't give a favourite there, but we're very tempted by a short stay at Wilderness Lodge after eating at Whispering Canyon.

My wife initially said our 2017 was a do it once to tick it off the list trip, luckily she fell in love and is already wanting to arrange our next visit, just need the flight and car hire prices to drop a little more

Hello All, I just wanted to say that I loved reading through all your posts. Loved the engagement/twins post.

My wife and I are longtime Disney fans and have been to all the parks world wide and looking forward to sailing the Wish in September to have sailed all of the DCL ships. We're newer DVC members (2018) and have had APs for several years. I hope this strand continues as it's nice to read about couples having fun at Disney.

is in Your Country LGBTQ is legal I need to know is it legal or not? in my country it is totally illegal....

Hi! I'm a DL fanatic who will be visiting WDW for the first time in December. I've tried to plan this trip 3 times now and the planning just overwhelms me. There is so much more required ahead of time for a trip to WDW and I love to plan, but wow! Send all your general tips for a DL fam who has never been to Florida. We know we have to walk way more, but what other things can we prepare for as we hit 4 parks in 7 days!

When in December? My wife and I will be there along with her ex and her ex’s wife (who are of course our BFFs) from the 9th to the 15th.

I’ve done both places, and the main difference is the size and amount of walking. You need to leave at least an hour for park hopping - it’s nowhere near as easy as just walking across the street.

Random tips: Test Track is fun but nowhere near as awesome as Radiator Springs Racers. Make sure you spend time in Pandora after dark to get the full effect. Also the pineapple lumpia rolls there are excellent (if you like pineapple obvs). I’ll add more stuff as I think of it

When in December? My wife and I will be there along with her ex and her ex’s wife (who are of course our BFFs) from the 9th to the 15th.

I’ve done both places, and the main difference is the size and amount of walking. You need to leave at least an hour for park hopping - it’s nowhere near as easy as just walking across the street.

Random tips: Test Track is fun but nowhere near as awesome as Radiator Springs Racers. Make sure you spend time in Pandora after dark to get the full effect. Also the pineapple lumpia rolls there are excellent (if you like pineapple obvs). I’ll add more stuff as I think of it
Awesome tips! We will be there from 12/15 to 12/22. My son is super excited for TT so I will have to let him know its similar but not as cool as RSR. That is one of his favorite rides. AK closes at 7 pm the day we have a reservation so I am hoping maybe we can park hop over there one night it's open later. Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter