Let’s help new pin traders avoid the cheap pins

Ok I will post #300058376295 . We have just started to trade and I have just started to educate myself about pins. I was unsure of this seller because they seem to have so many of the same pins.

Thanks for your help and input. I am trying to be an educated trader/collector.

ptlycloudy said:
Ok I will post #300058376295 . We have just started to trade and I have just started to educate myself about pins. I was unsure of this seller because they seem to have so many of the same pins.

HEY!! I was looking at the same one lol.

Ok, Ive noticed a few people asking how to find a spefic selller so I thought I could offer up my help.
Tutorial
1. go to ebays site and locate the advanced search. Its a tiny blue link to the right of the the SEARCH icon. Click on it
2. scroll down the page till you see the From Sellers area.
3. click the second buble which will have From specific sellers (enter sellers' user IDs). Put the name of the person there.
4. go to the bottom and click search
5. this will bring up the action items by that seller.
6. Good Luck!

Hope this helps at least someone. Let me know if these are good instuctions. If you need me to I can modify them for you. I did it as I went through. Found a bunch by pincastle when I looked :cloud9: SCORE

ptlycloudy said:

The pins in this auction are legit.

Another somewhat newbie question.. What is up with the green lanyards?? I hadn't heard about this yet..

Also - where can i read up more on the "hidden mickey" pins? Are all the newer CM pins hidden mickeys?? I am confused on this..

Thanks

Thanks for the reply EpcotMatt . Since they would be gift I would hate for them to be scrappers or something.

Many thanks!

ptlycloudy said:
Thanks for the reply EpcotMatt . Since they would be gift I would hate for them to be scrappers or something.

Many thanks!

No problem ptlycloudy. Also, pinpics.com is a great website with a huge pin database. The pins each have background info on them. Plus, you can keep track of your collection, list which pins you're looking to trade for, offer trades to other members, & have trades offered to you. By the way, for the pins in your specific auction, the pin #s are 44499, 44500, 44501, 44502, & 44504. Have fun.

300056985803 How about this seller?

My girls have traded for a few years, but I just started this last trip. We left them at home, and I missed it, so I bought a set. By the way, they sell a set of the Cuties for $25, and there are 7 pins. I didn't think that was too bad.

I met the VP of something to do with pins, he designed the YOAMD lanyard. Super nice guy, and he told me trade what I like. I like Mickey Mouse and that is what I trade for, pretty much. I also like the Hidden Mickey pins. We ate at the seafood place in DTD (can't think of the name) and the host/hostess had lanyards. They had lots that I loved, and boy did I have fun trading with them!

I don't Ebay, and have not in a looooonnng time.
If you can buy pins through the disneystore.com, I think many will come out better. They are better pins, more desireable (for yourself and others) and often there are shopping codes for disneystore.com.

If I were buying trading pins through Ebay, the issue I would have with many sellers is when buying a Lot of pins, some are nice. Many are not. Some sellers will fill a Lot with EuroDisney pins. (Which to my understanding are not accepted by CMs in DLP.) So they get dumped in the states.

Pins really are often a You Get What You Pay For system. Not always. There is always that lucky, magical bargain moment we all cherish. :lmao:

Just be cautious. I try to at least only get traders I would not mind trading from a lanyard. :wave2:

Are the EuroDisney pins ok to trade at WDW? I got a few of them in a lot I purchased from Ebay and they are listed on pinpics. Just want to make sure they are ok before I give them to my kids to use. Thanks!

Edited to add:

While looking around on Pinpics I found a few more pins that I got that I'm not sure if they are ok to use. This is one of them: Pin 46141: Aladdin - Jasmine Sitting on Stool. It does have a Disney copyright on the back but it seems to be lesser quality than the pins my kids bought at WDW last year. I don't want to even give them to my kids if they won't be able to trade them. I will give them away to the kids at the school I work at instead as Thank You gifts for helping out with projects. Thanks again!!

I bought 110 pins for my kids and another 50 for a friend. It took me 6 months to accumulate them.

I look for sets or lots of 10 or under. I search the seller and if I see several lots from them that are identical I stay away my theory being that there will be a flood of those pins and they will be harder to trade. ie the "incredibles" pins that people were saying were everywhere. I also search thru all the auctions, again looking for "multiples" I try to find the different and unusual.

Read the sellers feedback.

I like the CM lanyard pins although they are fairly small. I have won several lots of them.

I usually pay $3-3.25 per pin, I don't want the cheapest ones out there. I also look for the LE pins, those are the ones I really like to get.

Last night I was sorting thru the pins for the kids to wrap for Christmas. I had no duplicates and a great assortment. I think they will have a blast with the trading. They started to get into it on our last trip, so this time I wanted to be prepared.

While wrapping, I actually pulled out 4 that I want for my lanyard, guess I will have to negotiate a trade with my kids. :rolleyes:

I love the pin trading, it is a great way to meet the CM's. They come from all over the world and some have some really fascinating stories to tell.

To those questions I read:

Green Lanyards are only traded with kids under 12.
CM's are not supposed to trade for a pin they already have.
If it says Disney on the back, they are obligated to trade it.

Re: pin types such as 46141 and Sedesma. IF the pin reads (C) Disney on the back, you probably will not have a CM trading issue. Esp with kids. CMs generally are more lenient with kids. There is bound to be someone to prove me wrong. ;) But that is a rule of thumb.
As a guest, there were a few times a CM would give me hard time about trading a pin onto a lanyard, that was completely valid. Even just last month I had an airport store CM get snippy with me when I tried trading Pin 39013: Cast 50th Anniversary Name Tag Replicas Boxed Set (Donald) onto her lanyard. (For Pete's Sake -- it IS a Cast pin. :sad2: )
If one CM won't take it, I am sure another will. Some will act like the lanyard pins are their personal collection. Some could care less if you gave them a bottlecap in return. :rotfl2:

Hello, all! I'm fairly new to this pin trading thing. I picked up a bunch of pins just to collect on my last trip to WDW about 3 years ago (I know - it's been waaay too long!). I stuck them in some albums and look at them periodically. Once in awhile I'll run across one from Disney Shopping that I like, and I'll order it. Recently a friend returned from WDW and told me of her adventures in pin trading, and it rekindled the interest! I just went crazy on Ebay purchasing pins and have been reading up on the rules of trading, thanks to folks like you and these threads. All of the pins I've gotten so far are keepers, so I want to get some to trade. I discovered this one website - pinfinder. They sell in bulk, and it seems to be quality stuff (I haven't ordered from them yet, so I can't say for sure). But the reason I even found your forum was that pinfinder says the lots don't include Propins, Sedesma or EuroDisney pins (and I had to look up what that even meant!). I'm sure some of you more experienced people have checked them out -anyone out there deal with them before? Is it worth it? I'm planning to go to WDW next year, and usually when I get into something like this, it's hold your breath, plug your nose and jump in! I want to trade a lot!! Are these good bundles for bulk-buying? Thanks in advance!
Lori :banana:

The forum won't let me enter links yet, so you'll have to type it in. pinfinder DOTty COMfy. Let me know what you think! :banana:

After not being happy with my ebay purchase I bought from a company called pinsellers. I was VERY happy with my purchase and out of 100 had between 15-20 that went right into my kids collection rather than will be used for trading! The company included some lanyard, cast, and even some free pins! The pins were all shipped in small bags to keep them from rubbing together and the lanyard, cast, free ones were even in a separate bag so I knew exactly which ones they were. I only received 4 pins that were duplicated in the whole order and those were ones my kids wanted to keep so they ended up with 1 keeper and 1 to trade still. I've only ordered from them this one time but will definitely use them again rather than have another unhappy ebay purchase.

Mom2Monkeys said:
After not being happy with my ebay purchase I bought from a company called pinsellers. I was VERY happy with my purchase and out of 100 had between 15-20 that went right into my kids collection rather than will be used for trading! The company included some lanyard, cast, and even some free pins! The pins were all shipped in small bags to keep them from rubbing together and the lanyard, cast, free ones were even in a separate bag so I knew exactly which ones they were. I only received 4 pins that were duplicated in the whole order and those were ones my kids wanted to keep so they ended up with 1 keeper and 1 to trade still. I've only ordered from them this one time but will definitely use them again rather than have another unhappy ebay purchase.

Do you have a link or are they with ebay?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter