Let's speculate about Polynesian some more!

How likely do you think the Polynesian tower will be part of a new/old association?

• 100% new association

Votes: 113 37.0%
  • 80% new association / 20% current association

Votes: 64 21.0%
  • 60% new association / 40% current association

Votes: 28 9.2%
  • 40% new association / 60% current association

Votes: 17 5.6%
  • 20% new association / 80% current association

Votes: 32 10.5%
  • 0% new association / 100% current association

Votes: 51 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe 'gutted' needs a bit of an explanation. The orig Longhouses were constructed as the Contemp was...The frame was built onsite & then METAL rooms-pre-contructed-were delivered to the site & then slid into the frames.
By the time DVC was planned, the odor of mold was strong & I think it was growing in spaces between the orig framing & the metal modular rooms, improperly insulated???
So those "rooms" were deconstructed, removed & rebuilt. But the footprints/foundations & frams remained. But I never saw the facades of the buildings torn down.
Ohhhh!I just found this in my bookmarks...PS I was first there in '72 !

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...-disneys-contemporary-and-polynesian-resorts/

Maybe 'gutted' needs a bit of an explanation. The orig Longhouses were constructed as the Contemp was...The frame was built onsite & then METAL rooms-pre-contructed-were delivered to the site & then slid into the frames.
By the time DVC was planned, the odor of mold was strong & I think it was growing in spaces between the orig framing & the metal modular rooms, improperly insulated???
So those "rooms" were deconstructed, removed & rebuilt. But the footprints/foundations & frams remained. But I never saw the facades of the buildings torn down.
Ohhhh!I just found this in my bookmarks...PS I was first there in '72 !

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...-disneys-contemporary-and-polynesian-resorts/
Interesting, somewhere I have an email from a DVC guide that addressed that and it said new construction ….

Interesting, somewhere I have an email from a DVC guide that addressed that and it said new construction ….
Well, "New Consruct" in a sense but like a condo...The older Longhouses WERE reconstructed...from the walls--> in...

But no Longhouses were torn down & rebuilt as far as I saw.

How would DVC have three separate studio type at one resort
seems like people would get confused

How would DVC have three separate studio type at one resort
seems like people would get confused

That’s one thing I was wondering because it’s rumored they will be smaller than the PVB ones..

Then again, could they decide to make them resort studios?

Just comparing to BRV & CCV, it looks like BRV signed a “Common Facilities Agreement” in February of 2017 to allow CCV access to the facilities (and vice-versa). CCV went on sale 5 months later in July. So, if we follow that, PVB would have to get some advance notice and approval for shared used of the facilities. And we’re already nearing the end of 2023.

My personal guess is the CCV model was a headache and DVD won’t pursue it again.

Tree house were repurposed and added to existing HOA….

BPK was repurposed and added to VGF

CCV was new construction and new HOA

Poly 2 is new construction and …..

At this point it is as valid as anyone speculation

That’s one thing I was wondering because it’s rumored they will be smaller than the PVB ones..

Then again, could they decide to make them resort studios?
Or they could desire to call the building the Seven Seas Tower at Disney’s Polynesian resort, a DVC resort…..

And make it the longest Dvc name ever

Or they could desire to call the building the Seven Seas Tower at Disney’s Polynesian resort, a DVC resort…..

And make it the longest Dvc name ever
Calling dibbs on the name from Sept 21 😉:

"I'm calling it the ""Polynesian Luau Tower" (PLT) at Disney's Polynesian Villas & Bungalows. ...Similar to "Bay Lake Tower" (BLT) at Disney's Contemporary Resort."

Calling dibbs on the name from Sept 21 😉:

"I'm calling it the ""Polynesian Luau Tower" (PLT) at Disney's Polynesian Villas & Bungalows. ...Similar to "Bay Lake Tower" (BLT) at Disney's Contemporary Resort."
What ever you want to call it

Just comparing to BRV & CCV, it looks like BRV signed a “Common Facilities Agreement” in February of 2017 to allow CCV access to the facilities (and vice-versa). CCV went on sale 5 months later in July. So, if we follow that, PVB would have to get some advance notice and approval for shared used of the facilities. And we’re already nearing the end of 2023.

My personal guess is the CCV model was a headache and DVD won’t pursue it again.

The difference though is that BRV had common elements like the pool as part of its association. One pool is owned by BRV and one by the hotel. So that agreement with CCV had to be done for that reason.

All the pools etc, at Poly are owned by the hotel and not PVB so the only agreement that Poly Tower would need to make to use the facilities is with the hotel.

PVB owners simply have a right to use the amenities and their agreement is with the hotel for access.

This piece adds a point to new asst’n to me. I think they could’ve gotten more per point for VGF but they chose to offer a great summer deal that quickly pushed it to sell-out phase. Did they do that to set the stage for 3 direct choices at WDW? One EP area, one MK area, one unique option. All 3 with the same type of contract and restrictions.

Sales can tell new buyers that direct owners get full use of DVC. Home resort booking at 7-11m and trade into everything else at 7m. If a buyer mentions resale the guide can explain resale does not include booking the newest resorts or Membership Magic perks.

Simplifies it. When a potential buyer is choosing a resort, guides can make general statements regarding all WDW direct.

I voted 80% new - 20% same. I think rough waters is the only thing that’ll have them change direction.

Pure speculation - New asst’n and 2066 expiration to match Poly1.
I have a general question about point chart....does Disney increase the points over time that are needed for a stay?

I have a general question about point chart....does Disney increase the points over time that are needed for a stay?
For a particular resort, they can increase points cost for one part of the year but then must by law reduce them in another part of the year, so that the total number of points required to book every room every night of the year is the same. They recently completed a 3-year reallocation, which made December and fall more expensive and lowered the points cost for summer.

Comparing one resort with another, in general it has gotten more costly to stay at the newer resorts as time has gone on. Compare the OKW points chart with the SSR points chart and the VGF points chart to get a general idea.

That’s why the financial value of DVC comes with length of ownership. The points cost for BWV Thanksgiving week, which is what we had in mind when we bought in 1997, has risen a bit and now exceeds by a few points the number of points we bought. But the cash price has risen far, far more!

To a certain extent, points for sale at a resort are influenced by cash rates at the time…so in that respect, newer resorts tend to cost more per night.

So, when setting the charts for the new tower, that will play some role….

It’s why the original resorts have such lower values…cash rates at that time were much lower than today.

DVD's primary function is to create and sell new pools of points to us, the loyal customers of Disney, and to do so in a manner that maximizes profits and meets both tactical (short-term) and strategic (long-term) business goals. Spending a gazillion dollars building a shiny new tower and then adding it to an existing resort that is about a million years old (and shows it) does not really further the stated strategic goal of enticing direct sales by adding restrictions to resale points. There is no evidence to suggest that DVC is backing away from that business model.

It makes no sense at all to add the Poly Tower to the existing association.

But hey, I could be totally wrong :)
This is pretty much my thinking as well. Would they really build this tower just to add to the existing association? If they wanted to save money why not just flip one of the cash longhouses into DVC? I also still have no idea, I voted 60% new/ 40% old. It having dedicated deluxe studios in the tower and duo studios IMO in a resort that's verrrrry studio rich makes less sense if it's part of the same association.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter