Let's speculate about Polynesian some more!

How likely do you think the Polynesian tower will be part of a new/old association?

• 100% new association

Votes: 113 37.0%
  • 80% new association / 20% current association

Votes: 64 21.0%
  • 60% new association / 40% current association

Votes: 28 9.2%
  • 40% new association / 60% current association

Votes: 17 5.6%
  • 20% new association / 80% current association

Votes: 32 10.5%
  • 0% new association / 100% current association

Votes: 51 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Buckets make total sense. I imagine SSR folks would be relieved and comforted by the thought of saved capacity at The Turf Club! 😬
Hey my niece stayed at SSR and was happy to book Turf Club. The ended up cancelling and joining us at Chef Mickey 🤣 The only thing available in MK area that rainy night.

It doesn’t have to restrict anyone. Still be fcfs. Just a fractional bucket so that guests have an improved shot at getting an ADR in their own resort. To me it just makes sense that the convenience of dining options is part of the resort package. Obviously guests could still get shut out with a bucket system, but they’d have an increased chance with their fcfs resort bucket. The compromise would be they get a slightly decreased chance of ARDs at other resorts, but still fcfs would be in action.

As it is, WDW already gives preference to longer stays where ADRs are concerned. These people are staying onsite and making it a bit easier to eat onsite seems fair. This is just more of the same really.
I do like the idea of giving resort guests some sort of dining reservation priority at the resort they've chosen to stay at, even if it's just a 1-3 day head start. While I always get the reservation I want by stalking the app 24-48 hours in advance, it would be nice to not have to do that.

Thoughts on relocating the Trader Sam's to the former Tangoroa Terrace/Lilo's Playhouse where there is far more space? I've never even been inside Trader Sam's because the lines are always so long. They could then flip the current Trader Sam's space into the Disneyland Hotel's Tangoroa Terrace restaurant (that menu looks awesome btw). Seems like easy money for Disney to capitalize on.

I’d trade a balcony for length of stay express pass at a brand new park anytime!
Isn't the length of stay express pass similar to the free dining with Disney? Want, it pay full price for the hotel stay.
Want to buy the pass for the days without staying at our hotel, pay $$$?

Isn't the length of stay express pass similar to the free dining with Disney? Want, it pay full price for the hotel stay.
I have received the USAP discount at US premier resorts when I had it. For us, universal is a 3 night stay max.

Does Trader Sam's take reservations? Whenever I book dining, I book the most difficult reservation first towards the end of our visit and work my way back to the beginning. I don't think we've ever gotten shut out doing it this way.

Are there any actual reports of guest not being able to order CS from the monorail resorts when the warning pops up that they cant?

Does Trader Sam's take reservations? Whenever I book dining, I book the most difficult reservation first towards the end of our visit and work my way back to the beginning. I don't think we've ever gotten shut out doing it this way.
Trader Sam's at DL does (for up to 4 guests), but at Poly does not. Sometimes they will let you make a reservation at the host stand for later in the evening but that is not guaranteed. I would kill to be able to make reservations, but then I'd probably make a 9pm reservation for every night of my stay.

Trader Sam's at DL does (for up to 4 guests), but at Poly does not. Sometimes they will let you make a reservation at the host stand for later in the evening but that is not guaranteed. I would kill to be able to make reservations, but then I'd probably make a 9pm reservation for every night of my stay.
^Would be awesome!

During busy times, the qs at monorail resorts blocks non resort guests from mobile ordering.
We've been able to order at QS even with this warning popping up and not staying at the resort. So yeah, Disney IT works great to block people.
No. You don't have to pay full price for Universal deluxe hotels to get the express pass like you have to pay rack rate for Disney hotels to get the dining plan. We got a discounted CL room at Universal and still got the express pass for length of stay. You get the pass when staying there and it's not tied to what you paid for the room.

No. You don't have to pay full price for Universal deluxe hotels to get the express pass like you have to pay rack rate for Disney hotels to get the dining plan. We got a discounted CL room at Universal and still got the express pass for length of stay. You get the pass when staying there and it's not tied to what you paid for the room.

@maui22 That's what makes the deal so good is that it's extended to every single guest staying in one of their deluxe properties no matter what they paid. Universal Express pass can be up to 300 dollars per person so when the hotel room costs 8-900 a night and you have 4 people in there, it's a steal. I am yet to pay for Genie+ or an ILL despite going to Disney a LOT over the past few years but the Universal Express Pass is actually worth it IMO. You also get the express pass on day of check in and check out so you could easily spend 800 dollars on a night at Universal and then get 1600 (200*4 people*2 days) dollars worth of express pass and have your room included in that. Then afterwards just hop over to Disney on your DVC points :P. I'm not as big of a fan of Universal parks but they definitely value their guests more.

@maui22 That's what makes the deal so good is that it's extended to every single guest staying in one of their deluxe properties no matter what they paid. Universal Express pass can be up to 300 dollars per person so when the hotel room costs 8-900 a night and you have 4 people in there, it's a steal. I am yet to pay for Genie+ or an ILL despite going to Disney a LOT over the past few years but the Universal Express Pass is actually worth it IMO. You also get the express pass on day of check in and check out so you could easily spend 800 dollars on a night at Universal and then get 1600 (200*4 people*2 days) dollars worth of express pass and have your room included in that. Then afterwards just hop over to Disney on your DVC points :P. I'm not as big of a fan of Universal parks but they definitely value their guests more.
I've always wondered about the business calculation behind this: obviously not everyone would buy an express pass if it was not part of the room rate but it seems to be quite common these days that someone books a room just to get the express passes for his family. Why does it makes sense to Universal/Loews to make people occupy rooms in their deluxe hotels? They could offer family packages for the express pass without requiring a room...

I've always wondered about the business calculation behind this: obviously not everyone would buy an express pass if it was not part of the room rate but it seems to be quite common these days that someone books a room just to get the express passes for his family. Why does it makes sense to Universal/Loews to make people occupy rooms in their deluxe hotels? They could offer family packages for the express pass without requiring a room...
I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of their deluxe rooms go unfilled and most people probably aren't going to try and game the system like me and try to get 2 days of express pass for one night LOL and will likely stay at Universal for the duration of their 4 night to week long stays which means less time spent at Disney, more food and merch bought at Uni and etc. But alas, the Disney parks have too much of a hold on us and my partner is not the biggest fan of Universal so I've resorted to spending my days talking about a Disney timeshare on here :P. Something else to consider though is the highest Universal pass also comes with free express pass after 4PM. I can't wait to buy that thing once I'm a Florida resident and get the discounted pricing lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter