Let's speculate about Polynesian some more!

How likely do you think the Polynesian tower will be part of a new/old association?

• 100% new association

Votes: 113 37.0%
  • 80% new association / 20% current association

Votes: 64 21.0%
  • 60% new association / 40% current association

Votes: 28 9.2%
  • 40% new association / 60% current association

Votes: 17 5.6%
  • 20% new association / 80% current association

Votes: 32 10.5%
  • 0% new association / 100% current association

Votes: 51 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I can’t imagine being on the Skyliner while raining…when we were there a few weeks back there was no rain but heavy wind gusts and I thought my heart was going to jump out of my chest (meanwhile my kiddo was loving every minute of the ‘extra fun ride’)
It wasn’t a heavy rainstorm just some drizzle for a few days. It gently swayed but otherwise was fine. And I’m someone who really hates flying but the skyliner feels so sturdy and smooth it doesn’t bother me at all.

It does feel a bit funny to be nervous about the skyliner when I willingly ride all the rides and coasters in Disney and Universal with no qualms or fear lol I’ve even been on some sketchy rides at the local fair and I imagine Disney’s safety standards are significantly higher than those. But certain fears or concern can’t be willed away, it is what is. Luckily, there’s something for everyone at Disney😌

Not the moderator but can we please move along from "possible death via the Skyliner" and refocus. I personally would prefer this thread to not have new posts than 2 pages of RIV talk.
Okay okay, is anyone else excited about the restaurant coming to the tower? I don't suppose there's any chance of them having a restaurant on top of the tower as well. I could see the restaurant on the first floor being a nice upscale restaurant which IMO Poly needs since it's currently basically just Ohana that it has as it's somewhat nice dining but not really because it's AYCE. I love Mina's Fish House at the 4 Seasons adjacent to Aulani and wish they would have something that nice out there for Poly. I don't think I've seen anything regarding menu or decor of the restaurant up close 🤔. Very well may just be another quick service but I hope not

Okay okay, is anyone else excited about the restaurant coming to the tower? I don't suppose there's any chance of them having a restaurant on top of the tower as well. I could see the restaurant on the first floor being a nice upscale restaurant which IMO Poly needs since it's currently basically just Ohana that it has as it's somewhat nice dining but not really because it's AYCE. I love Mina's Fish House at the 4 Seasons adjacent to Aulani and wish they would have something that nice out there for Poly. I don't think I've seen anything regarding menu or decor of the restaurant up close 🤔. Very well may just be another quick service but I hope not
A fish house or sushi bar up top would be great!!

Alright, are we allowed to worry about the restaurant in the tower being too high for my taste? I have an irrational fear about high buildings (true story)

Not the moderator but can we please move along from "possible death via the Skyliner" and refocus. I personally would prefer this thread to not have new posts than 2 pages of RIV talk.

Yes, lets move on and back to speculating on Poly. I think I did read a post today that indicated some of the rooms may not have balconies? It was on www.dvcnews.com

Alright, are we allowed to worry about the restaurant in the tower being too high for my taste? I have an irrational fear about high buildings (true story)
Are they even making one up top? The only restaurant I've seen is on the first floor basically and any other restaurants if any is news to me. I'm HOPING they make one up top but I don't know, it kind of looks like the top of the tower is meant for the Grand Villas kinda similar to VDH but I really don't know.

Are they even making one up top? The only restaurant I've seen is on the first floor basically and any other restaurants if any is news to me. I'm HOPING they make one up top but I don't know, it kind of looks like the top of the tower is meant for the Grand Villas kinda similar to VDH but I really don't know.
I’ll channel my best Veruca Salt “I WANT FIREWORKS VIEW” *I’m stomping my feet too, you just can’t see it* - just in case Disney is here gathering intel for the top of Poly Tower 😆

Yes, lets move on and back to speculating on Poly. I think I did read a post today that indicated some of the rooms may not have balconies? It was on www.dvcnews.com
I think what you’re referring to is the image below. The balconies for those rooms face the grand Floridian, hence why you can’t see them from this monorail view.

Fret not, all Poly tower rooms will have balconies.
IMG_1817.jpeg

That would almost be a hard No for me. I thought part of the differentiation between moderate and deluxe DVC was DVC having balconies.
I think what you’re referring to is the image below. The balconies for those rooms face the grand Floridian, hence why you can’t see them from this monorail view.

Fret not, all Poly tower rooms will have balconies. In fact, I believe all DVC rooms at every hotel have a balcony or first floor patio.

View attachment 853061
Think again... Let me introduce you to the Villas at DisneyIand Hotel. lol

And it's not even unsafe in lightning. Other places running this exact system only stop it due to very high winds. Disney is just extra conservative I guess, which I get
Central FLA is the "Lightening Capital of the USA." When we lived there, WDW would stop many attractions/boats/pool access. when it was within 10 miles & our community 15 mi from WDW did the same. ***SORRY I WAS LATE SEEING RETURN TO POLY DISCUSSION 😬
https://baynews9.com/fl/tampa/weather/2023/01/04/four-corners-lightning-capital

Last edited:
I feel like I read somewhere that there doesn’t look to be space setup for dining or recreation on the rooftop (big miss IMO, if so) but there’s those open air spaces in a few spots on the building that look super intriguing, maybe they’ll include dining/bar/lounge spaces in some fashion? Not exactly rooftop but would still have amazing views if we go by the opening sizes.
1713466365716.jpeg
1713466379771.jpeg

I feel like I read somewhere that there doesn’t look to be space setup for dining or recreation on the rooftop (big miss IMO, if so) but there’s those open air spaces in a few spots on the building that look super intriguing, maybe they’ll include dining/bar/lounge spaces in some fashion? Not exactly rooftop but would still have amazing views if we go by the opening sizes.
View attachment 853073
View attachment 853074
Yeah, no clue what those multi story openings are.

Also, what’s this? 2nd floor balcony for some sort of dining/bar?
1713467610871.jpeg

Yeah, no clue what those multi story openings are.

Also, what’s this? 2nd floor balcony for some sort of dining/bar?
View attachment 853077
Hmmm, maybe like little casual outdoor seating spaces off the lobby? Kind of like Riviera has? That would be amazing for Fireworks but I imagine I’d have to line up in the morning to claim my spot lol

I'd love a Hawaiian Plate Lunch-style place, maybe with some poke offerings too. Captain Cook's is wonderful, but it's so crowded much of the time that they really need more capacity -- not just to absorb all of the guests they'll be adding, but hopefully to alleviate some of the overcrowding that already exists. But we'll see...

How about a TOTW style DVC lounge and deck up there? The fireworks views would be spectacular!

I'd love a Hawaiian Plate Lunch-style place, maybe with some poke offerings too. Captain Cook's is wonderful, but it's so crowded much of the time that they really need more capacity -- not just to absorb all of the guests they'll be adding, but hopefully to alleviate some of the overcrowding that already exists. But we'll see...
Mmmm mac salad, korean short ribs and poke *drools*. I reverse my decision on wanting a high end restaurant :P but in all seriousness both are okay. Agreed on Captain Cook's which is why I was kind of hoping they would go more high end because I feel like the resort is lacking that option but the stuff I listed above may be more aligned with actual Hawai'i.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter