• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Let's speculate about Polynesian some more!

How likely do you think the Polynesian tower will be part of a new/old association?

• 100% new association

Votes: 113 37.0%
  • 80% new association / 20% current association

Votes: 64 21.0%
  • 60% new association / 40% current association

Votes: 28 9.2%
  • 40% new association / 60% current association

Votes: 17 5.6%
  • 20% new association / 80% current association

Votes: 32 10.5%
  • 0% new association / 100% current association

Votes: 51 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Now I’m going down a rabbit hole of looking at POLY FW charts - yikes - they are high!!
For PVB, a standard view FW never made sense. I believe there were 288 standard view studios and 72 lake view. 4 to 1 ratio. Unfortunately, roughly 1/3 of the lake view longhouse studios are first floor so their views are blocked by bungalows.

Tower on the other hand seems to be more lake view and those views will not be obstructed by bungalows. Disney may understand this, so point charts may reflect it.

Last edited:
If it is sold as part of the same condo association, which at this point its seems pretty decided, then booking has to be the same for current and new points.

The only way it could potentially be different is if it isn’t part of the same vacation plan as the current PVB.
Assuming the same association, what happens if a well meaning DVC owner, fighting the good fight against addonitis, rents/buys 100 PVB points to transfer from a PVB owner into her VGF contract— can this extremely hypothetical VGF owner book with the transferred points at 11mo, just like a PVB owner? 🤨

Assuming the same association, what happens if a well meaning DVC owner, fighting the good fight against addonitis, rents/buys 100 PVB points to transfer from a PVB owner into her VGF contract— can this extremely hypothetical VGF owner book with the transferred points at 11mo, just like a PVB owner? 🤨
Yes, transferred points retain UY, home resort priority,and restrictions if applicable.

On-site at Poly for the past few days and some observations. Seeing the photos of the openings on the tower and see them up close and personal from the boat - they are BIG. It does look very much like the possibility of two lounges. The lobby looks big. The outdoor restaurant also looks bigger in person. Many of the upper floors will have views easily out HS and Epcot. From the train station, the upper level rooms also clear the trees on some of the islands in 7 seas. Like always, the upper floors facing MK will be the best views. The wedding pavilion side has more of the “wood grain” painting done and it looks good. While it is moving fast, it will be a while before I think we gain a true view of the look. It does seem to “tower’ over the wedding pavilion.

While we have been here many times and people say it, the Lava pool is packed. My DD loves the pool but waiting forever to go down the slide to the packed pools is less and less desirable. We always request Pago Pago (which most people hate) but got Tokelau 1st floor and loved it. It’s just a garden view but being closer to the quiet pool and Ceremonial house was great. Still love this resort. We don’t own here but at some point may pull the trigger.

I've also been here several days, and concur with RichVIII's impressions.

The pool crowding has seemed worse than ever this trip, and I haven't even bothered to go in. Even the Oasis pool looks like people soup every time I walk by (don't get me started on the Lava pool spa), with no spare chairs to be seen, and not the least bit desirable. I had transferred here after a week at Beach Club, and am very much wishing they'd implement wrist bands.

Despite that, Poly is still my favorite resort overall.

If we were looking to be there soon after opening, we would book a PVB room now for late December or later using PVB points. Then try to switch when the booking window eventually opens. Assuming same association, even a longhouse room will have access to shared amenities. Only tower specific items (example a possible club lounge) would be excluded.

Resorts sell best when people have a hard time booking certain rooms. Disney should not care if longhouse rooms are available at 7 months. They want tower rooms fully booked to force FOMO. It should drive sales.

Lots of angry posts about the pool on Tikiman’s social media page.

BTW, anyone wanting to see video of the club lounge area can go to there. It gives you an idea of why it is so popular. Sure seems to match those cutouts.

Lots of angry posts about the pool on Tikiman’s social media page.

BTW, anyone wanting to see video of the club lounge area can go to there. It gives you an idea of why it is so popular. Sure seems to match those cutouts.
ugh ... I'm afraid to go look. We have Poly booked Mother's Day weekend and I'm starting to rethink it. I'm the sole Poly fan in a VGF/Riviera family. I pulled rank because it's Mother's Day but I really don't want to listen to the whining. I figured we could set up over at the Oasis pool and then just take a couple turns on the slide and go back, but if that's crowded too it doesn't sound relaxing at all.

Unless the new members pre-buy a fixed week? Since they are allowed to book fixed weeks for members before the availability goes up for everyone else?

Or are they even allowed to sell fixed weeks if the original Poly didn't?

FW are different regardless of how things happen but as of right now, as long as it’s exactly added to PVB the same way, all current points owned there will be eligible for booking the new rooms the same date as the new points.

FW are different regardless of how things happen but as of right now, as long as it’s exactly added to PVB the same way, all current points owned there will be eligible for booking the new rooms the same date as the new points.
Ah ok, so a fixed week would probably be the only way to guarantee availability at first or for the first few years since it seems the Poly Tower will be quite popular and there are a lot of people with Poly Studio points who might be looking for something a bit different

Ah ok, so a fixed week would probably be the only way to guarantee availability at first or for the first few years since it seems the Poly Tower will be quite popular and there are a lot of people with Poly Studio points who might be looking for something a bit different

Id say that is a good bet. Because of the way that DVD declares units…which follows along with sales….there has always been a bit of an easier time at first because there were no existing points

However, this project starts out immediately with 4 million points eligible to book the initial declaration which IMO, will make it harder until its close to sold out down the line. It’s why we have taken it right off our list of potential purchases.

Id say that is a good bet. Because of the way that DVD declares units…which follows along with sales….there has always been a bit of an easier time at first because there were no existing points

However, this project starts out immediately with 4 million points eligible to book the initial declaration which IMO, will make it harder until its close to sold out down the line. It’s why we have taken it right off our list of potential purchases.

I know it's impossible to predict with certainty at this point, but do you anticipate initial availability challenges for 1BRs, or are you thinking about studios/duos specifically?

I've been seriously considering becoming a DVC owner and have been weighing potential pros an cons of new PVB and RIV knowing that my family would primarily be focused on 1BRs maybe with an occasional studio or 2BR stay. (If RIV had two showers in a 1BR instead of the one shower/separate tub setup, I'd probably already be a RIV owner 🤣.)

I think it will be everything that has availability issues. A lot of points are already available to book, and anyone who has already stayed in the old poly studios will want to try the newer rooms in the tower, whether they want to upgrade to a 1br/2br etc or just try the newer studios and amenities.

I don't think they have released how many studios vs 1br and 2br etc will be in the tower yet, but I would think it's likely that they won't have as many studios as some of the other towers since they already have so many studios at Poly. If they want the overall resort to have a decent spread of the different rooms, they may do more 1br and/or 2br than other towers that stand by themselves as their own association (Riviera, BLT, etc.)

It’s looking more like Riviera direct for us now. Between the pool issue, the 4 million points in play on day one, and the upcoming availability of some solid tiki culture off property, I’m not sure it’s worth tying up points there. I’d rather have the 11 month advantage at Riviera and have a shot at the lower point rooms there. I already have VGF so we can stay there and walk over to check out the restaurants/stores.

It’s looking more like Riviera direct for us now. Between the pool issue, the 4 million points in play on day one, and the upcoming availability of some solid tiki culture off property, I’m not sure it’s worth tying up points there. I’d rather have the 11 month advantage at Riviera and have a shot at the lower point rooms there. I already have VGF so we can stay there and walk over to check out the restaurants/stores.
If our contract passes ROFR, we won’t be booking until 2026. We don’t care where we stay, we are studio dwellers. So the longhouses will be just fine for us. Maybe we will have more availability since everyone will want the new tower.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter