Liberty Tree Tavern

LCoulter

Whoah Mouse
This is a must do every trip and we often do it twice a trip.

There were six of us for dinner toward the beginning of the trip and mom and I went a second time for lunch a few days later. We all loved it.

We all really liked the salad which seemed fresh and it wasn’t soggy which it seems like their salad is soggy most of the time like they dressed it hours ago. This seemed freshly dressed. The dressing is good but very sweet….too sweet for a couple of us. It had a nice apple flavor.

None of us cared for the pork which had no flavor. The turkey and beef were a big hit with everyone. The beef almost seemed to be in a beef gravy and I found a few bits of veggies in it….a few bits of carrots and a number of pearl onions which I enjoyed.

None of us cared for the rolls which were tasteless, stale and room temperature.

The green beans were tender crisp and a little garlic…very good. Everyone enjoyed the mashed potatoes, gravy, and stuffing. The Mac n cheese was big hit with the kids….I thought it had very little cheese on it and was not at all creamy...tasted like plain pasta.

For those wondering how they serve family style to two people….they brought each of us a salad. Then they brought us each a huge plate filled with all the other items and the gravy boat. Told us we can order more of anything. I ordered more turkey and stuffing and they came out with two slices of turkey and a HUGE mound of stuffing. I ended up giving mom half a slice of turkey because it was too much for me and I only ate a little of the stuffing….not sure why they gave me such a HUGE mound of it….it was at least three cups of stuffing :rotfl2: …I only needed a quarter of a cup…it was sad to waste so much of it.

This restaurant continues to be a must do and was the best meal of the week.

I said this in another thread, but leftover food at Disney isn't "wasted." I asked the server at the Garden Grill what happens to the uneaten food, since there was so much we couldn't eat. He said that all the leftover food goes to a biofuel plant that produces energy to power some of the Disney World administrative buildings and some of the buses. What can't be used for that is composted. Other restaurants in the area can take advantage of this for their leftover food. It made me feel a little better about not being able to eat all the food, knowing that it was being used for something environmentally friendly.

Just before they stopped the dining plan we had a little issue and ended up with an extra table service. We were in the magic kingdom that day and this place had an opening. We really enjoyed the meal. With the changes at Ohana this has become one of our go to restaurants when at MK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter