"Light" Groceries walking distance to B Resort?

erbeaman

Mouseketeer
DH and I will be staying at B Resort in June. Our flight doesn't get in until 9:30 and we plan to use a ride share from the airport so we won't have a car. Is there anything within walking distance of B Resort to pick up adult beverages, snacks, and quick breakfast foods (think poptarts and donuts)? We could do a grocery delivery the next morning, but will probably want to wind down after our flight with a few drinks and snacks.

DH and I will be staying at B Resort in June. Our flight doesn't get in until 9:30 and we plan to use a ride share from the airport so we won't have a car. Is there anything within walking distance of B Resort to pick up adult beverages, snacks, and quick breakfast foods (think poptarts and donuts)? We could do a grocery delivery the next morning, but will probably want to wind down after our flight with a few drinks and snacks.

Speedway across from Disney Springs has all those basics folks in Disney hotels have shopped at for years. B Resort does have a decent sized food pantry & light fare shop.

For drinks and food you are about a 10 minute walk from the Crossroads (McDonald's, Taco Bell, Perkins, Buffallo Wild Wings, Fuddruckers, Chevy's, Uno, Red Lobsters)

and 17 min walk from Walgreens, Wawa, KFC, Miller Ale House, Chili, Macaroni Grill, Olive)

Walgeens is probably the closes with light groceries.

With all the traffic around that area I think it would take longer, plus you would be lugging items. I think it would be worth an Uber roundtrip down to Winn-Dixie to save an hour of walking in the June heat.

I second this. Winn Dixie is just down SR535 (about 2 traffic lights past Disney Springs), they're open late and they would have everything you mentioned. I'd stop on the way from the airport before checking into the B Resort.

***EDITED TO ADD*** I checked their hours and they close at 10 pm now (probably due to COVID as they used to be open until midnight most nights), so you probably wouldn't be able to make it there on your first night. Here's a link to their hours: Store Details | Winn-Dixie (winndixie.com) .

Last edited:
Crossroads is closing for the new I4 interchange. I would use uber/lift . Walking in the sun with groceries is not fun. Better to go to a bigger store Winn Dixie, Walmart, target. Get what you need in one trip.

Crossroads is closing for the new I4 interchange. I would use uber/lift . Walking in the sun with groceries is not fun. Better to go to a bigger store Winn Dixie, Walmart, target. Get what you need in one trip.
Crossroads is closing in June?

They have been saying they are going to close that for almost 2 years and it's still open.

The latest info I have seen is all the businesses at Crossroads need to close by Aug. 21.

There is a new shopping center called O-Town West where White Castle is going that might get some of the restaurants there, but that is too far to walk to.

Unfortunately for the people staying at the Disney Springs Hotels, the days of walking across the street for a cheap off-site meal are ending.

We stayed at the B for a week in 2018 and really liked the little food market in the lobby. I went there every morning to get breakfast for everyone to eat in the room. I recall getting juice, coffee, oatmeal, breakfast sandwiches, yogurt, fruit, Pop-tarts and cereal. We also stopped in a few times for snacks, soda and water during the day. I don't recall whether they carried adult beverages or not.

If you put in your instacart delivery while you are at the airport it will probably be there by the time you get checked in. That's what we do... at home I add everything to the cart and while I am on the plane at the gate waiting for people in front of me to deboard I hit buy... they have alcohol delivery but you have to be there to show your I d

Reserve a car service with a grocery stop. OR Pack snacks in your luggage. Put adult beverages in your 1 qt baggie. You can buy miniature liquor bottles in many liquor stores or use a funnel to put liquor in your own bottles, 100 ml or less. Its legal to bring the liquor. You're not allowed to serve yourself on the plane

That's 9:30 PM ? by the time you get to your luggage and out to the ride share, get a ride, drive and get to the hotel its going to be around 11:00 PM at least - if you land on time and don't have to wait to long for a ride...
I would just throw a box of pop tarts in the luggage or even box of donuts in the carry on...

Then get a Uber the next day to go around to Publix or down Turkey Lake to the Disney Wal-mart ( I'm a local and that what everyone calls the Wal-mart on Turkey lake) then Uber back...

If you are landing at 9:30 am I would think about a private car with one stop, so that you can get what you need... Our friends do this all the time, she makes the list, and she and her DH each take a kid and divide a conquer when they were little now that they are teenagers, the divide and conquer the list even more...

I will add to this, that they have started renting a car for one or two days, and the last 2 trips to WDW they rented for a whole week... as now they kids are older and want to check out other things, the beach, Universal Studios, and the biggest reason is shopping where they live at which is rural farming and ranching there are not alot of options for them... so they shop 2 or 3 days during their 10 to 12 day vacation...

There are lots and lots of options... Grocery pick up to Grocery delivery...

I would just check out everything and go from there...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter