Like...They are Going with STRANGERS?!?! Sayonara Part 1- Join Us on the new thread!

What would you do with the $350??

• Upgrade our resort

• Spend it on 2 signature dinners

• Get park hoppers and 1 signature dinner

• See Cirque du Soleil

• Rent a car

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OH, I know this one!! My favorite meal from all of WDW is from California Grill!!

Grammar lesson of the day: You would have to use "me" because (Jen correct me if I'm wrong here) you need the objective case. You would be the subject with "write" as the verb. At least that's my take on it. I could be way of though, since honestly, I have no idea if "better than" is a correlative clause or prepositional phrase. Maybe that doesn't matter, even.

Well, I believe you are both correct in that me should have been used in that case. Whenever I am not sure, I usually reword my sentence in a way that I am sure is correct (I know - I have issues :lmao:). For example, I would have reworded the sentence to say - You write much better than I do.

As for the latest RD, I had to think about this one but then I think I got it - California Grill. I do have to be careful not to read my e-mails or to look to closely or I can see the white too.

Well, I believe you are both correct in that me should have been used in that case. Whenever I am not sure, I usually reword my sentence in a way that I am sure is correct (I know - I have issues :lmao:). For example, I would have reworded the sentence to say - You write much better than I do.

As for the latest RD, I had to think about this one but then I think I got it - California Grill. I do have to be careful not to read my e-mails or to look to closely or I can see the white too.

I guess then, we both have grammar issues. We can start therapy together. :lmao:

So what you are saying is if I wrote my sentence a 'normal' manner, we wouldn't be talking about this?

See 'You both write better than I do!':lmao:

I guess then, we both have grammar issues. We can start therapy together. :lmao:

Sure we can! Right over in front of Aloha Isle! :drinking1 :rotfl:

Going with

California Grill

Thankfully the white doesn't show up on my puter either. Of course that could have more to do with the lack of coffee so far and the nasty head cold/sinus infection, it's all a bit blurry today.

i'm gonna guess cali grill since it's the only place i can think of thats namesake is in the continental U.S. if i'm right i believe that brings my score up to an impressive 2! :lmao:

My goodness, people!!

4 pages!?!?!?

Overnight?

:laughing:

You guys do know we have to start Volume II when it hits 250, right? :rotfl2:

maroo, that is seriously sad. But to be fair, I'm not sure we've talked about this one a lot. I was more thinking of just a quickie pop in for a latte and a snack, but now as I re-think it, I may go in deep- their sandwiches looked like the bomb! Big, fat, loaded with meat.

Oh, good...

And that sounds good.......

You know I was thinking the exact same thing! That's why I kept 'me' in there. :teacher:

Who am I kidding? Read my TRs and you can spot my grammatical mistakes in every paragraph! LOL

With the way I write, I'm lucky that people read the whole report! Lucky for me I have a cute wife and a cute daughter to boot! :lmao:

:rotfl2:

Thank God for Jordan. I used to be the brunt of all the jokes around here. Being one of the only guys since the beginning, it was starting to get tough. At least now the jokes are evenly split! :p

:rotfl: :rotfl2:

This place is about as far as it can be in the Continental US from its namesake. I'm sure the cooking methods it employs are far more extensive than its name suggests as well.

Tim was responsible for Kona; someone else is responsible for this one. Her TR is being well-drawn out, but we "never expected that", did we? ;)

Is this me?!?! :eek:

Oh, Maroo. Do you need a hug? :hug:

I think I was stressed. I have been at Lauren's house for 8 days now. :faint:

It is impossible for me to be at her house and not pitch in and help - and I am exhausted.

But it is back to my condo after I "work" with Lauren tonight (my regular night during the week to help her)...bless her heart - she is so stressed about school with a major paper due and science fair and she is taking the ACT in a couple of weeks.

Oh, shoot, is it from my trip report?

Can I at least know which one? LOL

Ahhhhh......

Maybe you are the cuplrit! :rolleyes1

I hope I'm not too late! Busy morning around here! I am going to guess California Grill. It's the only state name I could come up with!

So if I don't get extra points for being first:sad2:, and no favors for the spell check:guilty:, can I have more for coming in last:thumbsup2? :confused3 Hey, a girls gotta try!:rotfl2:

This place is about as far as it can be in the Continental US from its namesake. I'm sure the cooking methods it employs are far more extensive than its name suggests as well.

Tim was responsible for Kona; someone else is responsible for this one. Her TR is being well-drawn out, but we "never expected that", did we? ;)

I'm pretty sure I know which "expecting" lady is responsible here, so I'm going to guess California Grill.

Did you ever give an answer to the last clue? My friend Word helped me on that one, but I think I'm too late. :sad2:

Phew! I was behind! Well, I had the answer for #9, but I see you posted #10 - which I have no idea on. Did you post the answer yet for #9, if so, I missed it. I came up with Starring Rolls. This, mind you, after writing it on paper and pulling up a list of dining plan restaurants, and working on it for at least 5 minutes! No, I am NOT good at scrabble.

Liesa, how is Bekka - any better yet?

I zipped on over here from my PTR to hopefully see more discussion about that topic you've been fermenting, uh.. fomenting... but nada. So now I must pry - can you reveal any more yet?

i feel so left out i am always behind on the clues and i am a chicken nuggets kinda girl anyway so i havent been to most of the restaurants anyway, but i just wanted to let you know i am still reading along (and i can see the white replies on my laptop too)
so hi everyone:goodvibes

Okay, caught up a bit more

About that letter: What an amazing find!!!! I would faint if I ever found something like that letter in my grandparents belongings. You truly have Disney blood. Too bad your grandmother never took the job. Who knows what life would've been like....

The 10 commandments are perfect. Arm flab :lmao: Love it!

The frozen bananas look sooo yummy! Will have to give them a try one of these days. Great way to get fruit into my diet :laughing: Wow, thanks for sharing all these great recipes. I can relate to the whole gallbladder attack... Not to say that I've ever had one but when I got my appendix out, they also found that I have gallstones. I've really been trying to watch my fat intake since then but it's so hard when you show me stuff like this!!! Heck, I just ate two Oreos after looking at all those pictures :rotfl:

WDW therapy sounds just about right - see Tim's suggestion below.

So what you are saying is if I wrote my sentence a 'normal' manner, we wouldn't be talking about this?

See 'You both write better than I do!':lmao:

Sure we can! Right over in front of Aloha Isle! :drinking1 :rotfl:

I think Liesa and I are the abnormal ones with our grammar issues and that you are quite normal. So keep up the gooder writing because its much more affective than are grammatically correct nonsense. ;)

Well, I believe you are both correct in that me should have been used in that case. Whenever I am not sure, I usually reword my sentence in a way that I am sure is correct (I know - I have issues ). For example, I would have reworded the sentence to say - You write much better than I do.

OK, no checking e-mails first, or highlighting, or scrolling down below the reply box. Not that you'd do any of those... ;) but this one, I'll admit, I made easier, since the last few (before Starring Rolls) were tough.

Sometimes I forget the "re-arrange" your sentence technique. But it really does help especially with subj. vs. obj. cases! I"ve been reading more Austen lately. Man, that is such beautiful English, and so witty and funny!!

See 'You both write better than I do!'

Sure we can! Right over in front of Aloha Isle! :drinking1

Yes!!! Aloha Isle!!! Everyone's invited!

Going with

California Grill

Thankfully the white doesn't show up on my puter either. Of course that could have more to do with the lack of coffee so far and the nasty head cold/sinus infection, it's all a bit blurry today.

Yeah, lack happening here too. It's 10:15 here. I'm ususally up with coffee chatting with ya'll by 9:15, but the puppies had to come first today. It's -20C again this morning, and they really needed to get in the house to warm up and eat!

i'm gonna guess cali grill since it's the only place i can think of thats namesake is in the continental U.S. if i'm right i believe that brings my score up to an impressive 2!

Then we're totally even on each other's games!!! :lmao: The one before last kicked my butt!

4 pages!?!?!?

Overnight?

You guys do know we have to start Volume II when it hits 250, right? :rotfl2:

Is this me?!?! :eek:

I know, I was thinking that this one would conveniently end just about hte time we are done with RD!!! Then we can start Vol Dos with the next series of fun stuff!

I think I was stressed. I have been at Lauren's house for 8 days now. :faint:

It is impossible for me to be at her house and not pitch in and help - and I am exhausted.

But it is back to my condo after I "work" with Lauren tonight (my regular night during the week to help her)...bless her heart - she is so stressed about school with a major paper due and science fair and she is taking the ACT in a couple of weeks.

'll bet you are!!! Lauren takes a lot of care! I hope you get a well-deserved break soon!

Ahhhhh......

Maybe you are the cuplrit! :rolleyes1

BINGO!

Liesa - How is Bekka today? Or tonight for you?

Not better, AT ALL! Time to call the doctor. Now she has the trots, and her fever is not down one iota. Poor thing. I'm sorta thinking she has the flu, in which case an anti won't help at all.

I hope I'm not too late! Busy morning around here! I am going to guess California Grill. It's the only state name I could come up with!

So if I don't get extra points for being first:sad2:, and no favors for the spell check:guilty:, can I have more for coming in last:thumbsup2? Hey, a girls gotta try!:rotfl2:

No wonder you're a school board member; you're good at "suggesting" options and mediating. Shall I even mention schmoozing?? :lmao:

I'm pretty sure I know which "expecting" lady is responsible here, so I'm going to guess California Grill.

Did you ever give an answer to the last clue? My friend Word helped me on that one, but I think I'm too late. :sad2:

Yes, I did. Kinda embedded in a post of replies I think. I need to get the game sped up just a little since we are running out of pages here to work with and I don't want it to "spill" over onto Vol Dos.

As far as the game goes, as long as you don't highlight or read your e-mail updates then google, word yahoo or any other helps is fine! ;)

Phew! I was behind! Well, I had the answer for #9, but I see you posted #10 - which I have no idea on. Did you post the answer yet for #9, if so, I missed it. I came up with Starring Rolls. This, mind you, after writing it on paper and pulling up a list of dining plan restaurants, and working on it for at least 5 minutes! No, I am NOT good at scrabble.

Liesa, how is Bekka - any better yet?

I zipped on over here from my PTR to hopefully see more discussion about that topic you've been fermenting, uh.. fomenting... but nada. So now I must pry - can you reveal any more yet?

OK, can I be honest? I completely forgot what was fomenting. Was it about jobs? Changing our dates? Whether I should go have some cereal or an egg for breakfast?? :eek: I CAN'T REMEMBER!! This is no surprise. No coffee yet.

You seem genuine in your plea for Starring Roll points. Which makes me think I should give Pollito a point too. I need to get this game over with, but don't want to leave anyone out because they couldn't get to the computer.

My power was off last night for many hours, and I probably missed one of Tinkgurl's game questions, but oh well. At least I'm ahead over there. But it wouldn't have been because I missed it on purpose. ;)

i feel so left out i am always behind on the clues and i am a chicken nuggets kinda girl anyway so i havent been to most of the restaurants anyway, but i just wanted to let you know i am still reading along (and i can see the white replies on my laptop too)
so hi everyone:goodvibes

Don't feel left out! You're a valuable team member. (That sounds like a McDonalds staff meeting, doesn't it?! :rotfl2::lmao:) Seriously, it's fun to have a variety of people and personalities here adding to the fun! See, you go for the quick foods and we need reviews of that stuff too!!

OK, for answering, just read the clue via the link on the Pt III TOC on page one then don't scroll down for the answers, just hit reply right away!

Okay, caught up a bit more

About that letter: What an amazing find!!!! I would faint if I ever found something like that letter in my grandparents belongings. You truly have Disney blood. Too bad your grandmother never took the job. Who knows what life would've been like....

The 10 commandments are perfect. Arm flab Love it!

The frozen bananas look sooo yummy! Will have to give them a try one of these days. Great way to get fruit into my diet :laughing: Wow, thanks for sharing all these great recipes. I can relate to the whole gallbladder attack... Not to say that I've ever had one but when I got my appendix out, they also found that I have gallstones. I've really been trying to watch my fat intake since then but it's so hard when you show me stuff like this!!! Heck, I just ate two Oreos after looking at all those pictures

I still have that letter hanging in my bedroom in a letter holder thingy I got from Thailand. I see every time I walk in my room, and it reminds me of the good times I had with her! Which coincidentally always included a frozen banana. Gma and Gpa were fanatics about making sure their grandkids ate healthy food, and that was one of the treats she'd let me get on our Disney days.

Feel free to add additional suggestions for Commandments. THere was some pretty funny banter about those if I recall!! :lmao: Limiting farting to the balcony was a hot topic!

P.S. Did you see your hilarious typo on your last update??

WDW therapy sounds just about right - see Tim's suggestion below.

I think Liesa and I are the abnormal ones with our grammar issues and that you are quite normal. So keep up the gooder writing because its much more affective than are grammatically correct nonsense. ;)

Yes indeedy doo!! Aloha Isle!!! That's therapy right there!

:lmao::lmao:

At first I didn't see gooder, but affective was quite a hang up for me!:rotfl2:

In order to keep up the pace of this collection of fun, I'm going to go ahead and post the answer to the latest Round of Rations Drop. Most of those who have been playing along have already gotten their very correct guesses in; in fact, no one who guessed this time around was mistaken. The couple before Starring Rolls were admittedly a bit tougher, so I felt compelled to give you all a chance at some easy points!! :yay:

It was indeed:

THE CALIFORNIA GRILL

I think of all our dining choices, we, collectively, are looking most forward to this one!! You know, wayyyyyyyyyyyy back in Dec. of LAST year when this whole crazy idea of going with strangers was just an infant in my mind, I had no inkling that we'd even entertain the idea of hitting a signature dinner joint. Such lavish rations were just not even on my radar. But then maroo suggested we think about it. OK, I told her I'd think about it.

Then I read this:

TK's Perfect Palatable, Perhaps Even Delightful Dinner Review of the Cali Grill

That was it.

I had to go here.

In fact, I daresay, it has become an obsession. Our goal is to time it so that we watch Wishes from here as well. What can be more perfect than a fancy meal combined with fantastical pyrotechnics??

Then I read this:

Shannon's Reveiw of her favoirte meal on property. Peeps, I haven't seen a bad review of this place yet. I'm sure there have been some off evenings, but whatever I read just feeds my lust for wanting to experience this place.

Shannon's Stellar Review of the Cali.

Points coming up soon!

I had the BEST meal there EVER in Feb 05 with my roommates. The BEST service EVER. I think we left 100 dollars on a 256 tab. It was so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter