Like...They are Going with STRANGERS?!?! Sayonara Part 1- Join Us on the new thread!

What would you do with the $350??

• Upgrade our resort

• Spend it on 2 signature dinners

• Get park hoppers and 1 signature dinner

• See Cirque du Soleil

• Rent a car

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm so, so sorry to hear about your loss, liesa. it sounds like your MIL had a good life and had a family who loved her very much. i will be praying for all of you. :hug:

Oh no!

I am so, so sorry to your whole family.

And please tell your DH that we are praying for him as he travels. That totally stinks that he has to go there without you guys.

I am so sorry for your loss.

But I am thankful that she went without suffering a long battle...and right after her daily coffee.

I will be praying for you all.

I'm so glad that your dh was able to get a flight out. I know how hard it is to not be "home" when someone passes. There truly is comfort in being with others sharing your saddness.
I'm also sad for you that you're home alone for 2 weeks.:hug: When ever you need adult conversation, in English, we're all here for you.

Your mil having her morning coffee with her husband right before. made me cry a little, it's one of god's tender mercies.

Wow - I am so behind! Here goes. . .

At first I didn't see gooder, but affective was quite a hang up for me!:rotfl2:

That affective was special just for you!

3 Points for the Master Enabler! :cheer2:

oh no! :eek:

I have been de-throned!

:rotfl: :rotfl2: :lmao: :laughing:

Ha! Ha!

I thought Maroo was the master enabler too! Maybe we can have different categories of enabling?

I totally agree with you here...the DIS can be a very tight knit community and these are real friends. As hard as it is to explain to people that have never experienced it, I have met enough DISers at this point to know that it is real friendship that is forged on the DIS. For those of us that just live life on here and really invest time, the rewards are strong friendships.

I have a few friends that are like a box of chocolates. ;) :laughing:

I have given up trying to explain it to people so now I just refer to DIS friends like I would any other friend and don't get into specifics.

Wanted to share that DHs mother passed away this morning...

Please pray for us...
M

More later.

I am so sorry for your loss! :hug:

Mom passed away after morning coffee in an ambulance on the way to the hospital.
In a way, all of us are relieved a bit, in that she didn't have to suffer with a long drawn out death from cancer. It is sweet that after her morning coffee with her husband of almost 50 years she passed relatively peacefully. What a tender way God showed her mercy.

We spent the wee hours buying airline tickets, and are thankful we found seats and a fair price. He will be home by Saturday to support and be with his family. His sisters have been by Dad's side since a few hours after her passing. So really, all is as good as it can be.

I have no idea how this will affect our return. I don't know if it will speed us up or not. :confused3

I am glad she went peacefully and on terms that give you all a bit of comfort. I am also glad that your DH can be there with his family at this time but am sorry that you can't all be together. Hang in there! I know you will have plenty to keep you busy holding down the fort.

A Question of NOTS:

1) This place is NOT in one of the parks.

2) This restaurant is NOT a quiet, understated kind of place.

3) Eating here is NOT for those without adventurous palettes.

4) Do NOT approach the desserts if you do NOT want to be tempted.

5) You will NOT see characters at this place.

6) Soldier #1 has NOT eaten here.

7) Soldier #2 has NOT NOT eaten here.

8) There is NOT a letter N in the name of the place.

9) One can NOT leave here without being utterly satisfied and stuffed.

10) A little bunny with a goofy name does NOT hop around this place, although his namesake dish can be eaten here.

Love the Clues - the Not Not almost threw me for a minute but a reread and the little bunny clue sealed the deal. My guess is Boma

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your MIL. My thoughts and prayers are with your family at this time.

I'm pretty sure I know the new clues, but since I haven't been playing along I'm not going to guess. I'll just wait and see if I'm right.

Crissy, Thanks so much for being here with me! I really mean that, and I hope it doesn't sound trite after saying it so many times! Having a sounding board here really helps me process the grief.

Leisa - just dropping by and read your update - add me to the list of prayer warriors that are praying for you and your family. Thank you for updating on your mil - it is such a sad time as you are enjoying the memories you all have shared with a wonderful person!

May you continue to find peace as you plug along day to day- and strength in your dealings!!

Ration dro; #11 sounds yummy!! GREAT Clues btw!! :worship:

We've definitely had a rotten year as far as relatives dying goes. Too many in too short a time. She was a an amazing testimony of faith and prayer to us.

i'm so, so sorry to hear about your loss, liesa. it sounds like your MIL had a good life and had a family who loved her very much. i will be praying for all of you. :hug:

She had a wonderful family who adored her. We'll really miss her, Dawn. I just got off the phone with my DS, 19, and he of all the kids is taking it the hardest. He is really emotional, and he's very rarely that way. I wish I could be closer than a long-distance phone call away.

Oh no!

I am so, so sorry to your whole family.

And please tell your DH that we are praying for him as he travels. That totally stinks that he has to go there without you guys.

I am so sorry for your loss.

But I am thankful that she went without suffering a long battle...and right after her daily coffee.

I will be praying for you all.

Thanks! I just got a call from him, in fact. He landed in the capital and is checked into the hotel. Great news! He says it is a very nice place, not at all like the other ones we've stayed at. And it's half the price he thought it'd be! :thumbsup2 Hopefully he can start the cross-Atlantic leg well rested.

She didn't suffer much! For that we are very thankful!

I'm so glad that your dh was able to get a flight out. I know how hard it is to not be "home" when someone passes. There truly is comfort in being with others sharing your saddness.
I'm also sad for you that you're home alone for 2 weeks.:hug: When ever you need adult conversation, in English, we're all here for you.

Your mil having her morning coffee with her husband right before. made me cry a little, it's one of god's tender mercies.

I think I'll be alright here. Lots of extra work, but that's ok, The kids are really good about helping out. I will definitely be taking you up on your offer to speak adult English! Thanks!

Wasn't that a sweet testimony to His grace??

I am glad she went peacefully and on terms that give you all a bit of comfort. I am also glad that your DH can be there with his family at this time but am sorry that you can't all be together. Hang in there! I know you will have plenty to keep you busy holding down the fort.

Me too! I wish we had an extra cool $13,000 hanging around for emergencies like this, but alas there are no money trees here either. We are likely going to buy their house in a few months, so we will have plenty to remind us of her.

So sorry for your family's loss. :grouphug:

Hopefully your DH will be able to finalize plans for where your family will be living while he is in the states.

So sorry for your family's loss. :grouphug:

Hopefully your DH will be able to finalize plans for where your family will be living while he is in the states.

That is one of my sincerest hopes!! Things are so in flux right now, and to be very honest, we (well, me) were secretly hoping that some circumstance would come along to make things more clear. I didn't think it would be this drastic, but it totally would not surprise me AT ALL if he came home and said we need to pack it up right now and high tail it home.

Thanks, Heidi!!

So should I PM you too?

Love the NOT NOT's!

Wishing Mike a peaceful 8 hours, hopefully he can hunker down and hide and be left alone. What a blessing he beat the snow.

You are entitled to a Scarlett moment. Though hunkering down with a glass of wine and the kiddo's with a movie sounds like a darn good idea.

I LOVE my gifite! Sitting here looking at it, drinking my coffee and smiling.

I pet it occasionally.

I may have to save the box.

Pics coming soon :goodvibes

I'm so sorry for your loss. At least you can all take comfort that she did not suffer for long. It seems fitting that she was able to enjoy one last coffee with her husband. :goodvibes That sounds like a lovely ritual DH & I would enjoy - once we can retire and get the kids out of the house. ;)

As for RD # 11 - I don't think I'm close enough to win, so I won't PM my guess, which is Boma. I didn't need any help on this one, just a gut feeling, and we ate there on our last trip. But that probably means I'm wrong. :laughing:

So should I PM you too?

Love the NOT NOT's!

Wishing Mike a peaceful 8 hours, hopefully he can hunker down and hide and be left alone. What a blessing he beat the snow.

You are entitled to a Scarlett moment. Though hunkering down with a glass of wine and the kiddo's with a movie sounds like a darn good idea.

I LOVE my gifite! Sitting here looking at it, drinking my coffee and smiling.

I pet it occasionally.

I may have to save the box.

Pics coming soon :goodvibes

I'm so glad you like it!! Although I can't remember what the box was like?? Hmmmm... did the PO wrap it??

Here is a real one in the mountains. They really, really do live in these during the grazing months!! Can you imagine??!!

I just read that your DH's mother passed away. I am so sorry. I send my deepest sympathies to you and your family.

On a lighter note... I've read a bit more!

I too am an avid nail-biter. I've been severely trying to cut back during flu season. I've been doing pretty good but still occasionally have the gnawing habit return.

Love the tye-dye shirts :thumbsup2

I'll catch up one of these days.... :surfweb:

Well, I guess I should go ahead and make a guess on Rations Drop. I'll go with T-Rex. (It's loud, def not understated, I don't think any soldiers have been here, it's not in a park, and I'm guessing Tar Pit Shrimp is related to Tar Babby thus Breir Rabbit.)

I just read that your DH's mother passed away. I am so sorry. I send my deepest sympathies to you and your family.

On a lighter note... I've read a bit more!

I too am an avid nail-biter. I've been severely trying to cut back during flu season. I've been doing pretty good but still occasionally have the gnawing habit return.

Love the tye-dye shirts :thumbsup2

I'll catch up one of these days.... :surfweb:

Take your time, Jen!! I just read 3 more posts from yours, making it through your 2nd go-around at the Osbourne Lights. Suh-weet!! :thumbsup2 I drooled through your Sanaa lunch too. Wowzers, I can't wait!

I love my Tied T. Well at least I think I do. I haven't seen it yet, so I hope it fits!! maroo thinks it will. :confused3

Thanks for your wishes for our family. Been a tough year in general, as I've lost 2 (almost 3) grandparents and my MIL. I think Jordan had a tough year a while back, and now I can totally relate to that!! My DIS friends keep me from going crazy with a healthy dose of comic relief, sound counsel, wise words, good laughs, and hours of just being here! :worship:

I'm so sorry for your loss. At least you can all take comfort that she did not suffer for long. It seems fitting that she was able to enjoy one last coffee with her husband. :goodvibes That sounds like a lovely ritual DH & I would enjoy - once we can retire and get the kids out of the house. ;)

As for RD # 11 - I don't think I'm close enough to win, so I won't PM my guess, which is Boma. I didn't need any help on this one, just a gut feeling, and we ate there on our last trip. But that probably means I'm wrong. :laughing:

Yeah, like what's a quiet cup of coffee each morning with DH reading the paper, praying, etc... Seems like a million years away, doesn't it?

Always go with your gut, I say. Unless you've eaten raw shrimpies by accident. :eek: Then your gut goes with you.

Well, I guess I should go ahead and make a guess on Rations Drop. I'll go with T-Rex. (It's loud, def not understated, I don't think any soldiers have been here, it's not in a park, and I'm guessing Tar Pit Shrimp is related to Tar Babby Rabbit.)

Interesting perspective. You always seem to have a lot of that.

Oh my gosh, Liesa, I'm so sorry for your loss! :hug: :hug: :hug: I'm sure it's hard being so far away.

It is, but it's something we counted the cost of when we chose to move here. We knew that sometime over the course of 10 years or more, something like this would come up. But as with most deaths, we thought it wouldn't be something quite so sudden.

Take your time, Jen!! I just read 3 more posts from yours, making it through your 2nd go-around at the Osbourne Lights. Suh-weet!! :thumbsup2 I drooled through your Sanaa lunch too. Wowzers, I can't wait!

Ahem....did you ever finish mine? <insert finger-drumming smilie here>

Ahem....did you ever finish mine? <insert finger-drumming smilie here>

uh, hum, going now.. :drive:

Holy guacamole, where'n tarnations did I leave off??!!! There's like 5 million chapters there.

Oh yeah, lunch at the Biergarten. Didn't i read that one already. Hmmm.. this isn't going to be as easy as I thought. Getting wine, diving in...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter