Limited Time Magic: April 22nd - 28th

Alright, your's wins! Or loses I guess... depending on how you look at it :rotfl2:

The valentines one seemed pretty cool, and the fairy one that just finished up would have been neat. Oh well, still plenty to do and see!

Yeah, I've realized not to expect anything special. "52 weeks of magic" is shaping up to mean "12-15 weeks of magic and merchandise promos to fill in the rest" at this rate. I thought with 3, maybe 4 trips this year I was fairly sure to catch something cool but it isn't working out that way.

This is actually the first one that interests me - not that we are going until August, but I've been following them.

Maybe because we love the AK, maybe because I'm big into Earth Day - not sure, but I did go to the online store to buy the t-shirt available there. My DS15 was born in 1998 and used to have an AK shirt that had "established 1998" on it, which he thought was funny since they were the same "age". I love the fact that there is a 15th anniversary shirt with the dates. He will probably like it, but if not, I'll wear it :thumbsup2

Actually, I rather like the idea of "limited time" merchandise. I hope they have something like that for when we visit in May. I've love to pick up a tee or a pin which is only available during the week I'm there - it'd be a nice way of remembering this particular trip.

I haven't seen one Limited time magic pin. Did they just not tell anyone?:blush:

I didn't see limited time anything. They didn't start the Strawberry hats till after I left. And as cute as they were, I don't need another hat.

I have yet to see anything that is special. Perhaps Recycled time magic would have been a better title.:thumbsup2

My DS15 was born in 1998 and used to have an AK shirt that had "established 1998" on it, which he thought was funny since they were the same "age". I love the fact that there is a 15th anniversary shirt with the dates. He will probably like it, but if not, I'll wear it :thumbsup2

That's adorable! And the shirts are online for sale for the next 4 days:

http://www.disneystore.com/mp/1332935/1000228/?RMID=20130422_DAKFlashSale&RRID=12005423&CMP=EMC-eml

Mine shares a birthdate with AK (4/22), just not the same year.

Actually, I rather like the idea of "limited time" merchandise. I hope they have something like that for when we visit in May. I've love to pick up a tee or a pin which is only available during the week I'm there - it'd be a nice way of remembering this particular trip.

Except that nothing has really been limited. The January limited edition hats were available as early as November and are still available now. The strawberry hats seem to be a Flower & Garden item; they were available before they were listed as "magic" and will probably continue to be available afterwards. I'm not sure about the retro-truck merchandise because I didn't even bother going to DTD to check it out, but it wouldn't surprise me if that is also available elsewhere around the parks. And the things I've seen haven't been as practical as a tee or collectible as a pin. It has mostly been ears, which to me are too bulky for collecting and certainly aren't something to wear beyond the parks.

Anyone go to AK today? We are going tomorrow and wanted to know more details about the dance party, etc (times)

Thanks

Everyone thinks their week is the worst! But mine really was ;) Vote online (which you can do from home and didn't need to be at WDW to do) for a shirt that will come out next year!

But honestly, we were there for the last day of long lost friends week and that was great. Really wish the LTMs were all that great.

I honestly don't get the hate for this Limited Time Magic. This event had 8 hard to find characters- Koda, Kenai, Flik, Atta, Thumper, Ms Bunny, Timon, Terk, along with Lilo, Stich and Rafiki. It has a nice scavenger hunt with better prizes than the Epcot Easter egg one and it's free! I liked the merch and as far as I can see only the unisex T is online right now. Don't remotely see how this is the "worst week ever"- this is up there. It has a lot of things going on at one time and while they may not be as cool as Long Lost Friends week, it's not voting on a logo or buying a t shirt or soup.While I went mainly for the 15th anniversary it pleasantly surprised me- I'd give it thumbs up. Here's my review of the Limited Time Magic "events" from my blog. I edited out some of the 15th anniversary only stuff and some of the character stuff, sorry if it's wordy but hey-you guy's wanted a review!

"After this Pete and I headed to do the Party for the Planet postcard events. Basically it is a scavenger hunt-esque ...thing. Okay that's a bad description, but you pick up a post card and it tells you places to go. When you get there you play a little game and the Cast Member fills out the card and you receive some sort of a surprise. At the end of it all you have a super cool Nature kit. You could also choose to have Disney send you post card home to someone.

Things my Nature kit ended up with, I apologize if some of this stuff is always around, but they were lumping it all together today:
Green eco friendly kit bag that says Disney's Animal Kingdom Nature Kit- This is super cute and holds everthing!, A bug catcher, magnet with Squirt teaching about Sea Turtle protection, nature journal that says Disney Animal Programs, pencil, sunglasses and some wristbands. Actually had a lot of fun doing this!

Anyway after we finished this we headed to Dinoland USA to check out the dance party. When we got there we saw Thumper, Miss Bunny, Lilo and Stitch. At these parties I was used to characters not signing and kind of fighting for a decent picture BUT that was not how this Dinoland party was working. In between songs characters were more than happy to sign and take posed pictures. When we got back from Dinosaur Rafiki, Terk, and Timon were out. We got all excited since we had never met Timon before and we did not realize he would be there. While waiting for the next set to start it started to rain. Hard. The characters and the DJ headed inside. A little while passed, the rain cleared up and at 5:30 all 11 characters came out including Flik, Princess Atta, Koda and Kenai.
hile it was a tad chaotic with 11 characters out at 1 time and a bunch of people swarming, the characters danced through the fun popular songs, signed autographs and took pictures through other slower songs. It was decently organized and I don't think anyone that wanted a picture or an autograph didn't get one. After we finished our pictures we actually stayed and danced a bit, it was just a fun environment."

8672953885_a64edbb73f.jpg

For the PP asking about the dance party. It starts at 4 and there seems to be 3 sets of characters. Ours got a bit messed up because of the rain but the first set was Lilo, Stitch, Thumper and Ms Bunny. The 2nd set was Timon, Rafiki and Terk. It then rained so I don't know if that changed up the schedule but in our case all 11 characters came out at 5:30. It goes until 7 most nights I believe. Hope this helps! Feel free to bring your autograph book-they do sign and will do pictures!

I honestly don't get the hate for this Limited Time Magic. This event had 8 hard to find characters- Koda, Kenai, Flik, Atta, Thumper, Ms Bunny, Timon, Terk, along with Lilo, Stich and Rafiki. It has a nice scavenger hunt with better prizes than the Epcot Easter egg one and it's free! I liked the merch and as far as I can see only the unisex T is online right now. Don't remotely see how this is the "worst week ever"- this is up there. It has a lot of things going on at one time and while they may not be as cool as Long Lost Friends week, it's not voting on a logo or buying a t shirt or soup.While I went mainly for the 15th anniversary it pleasantly surprised me- I'd give it thumbs up. Here's my review of the Limited Time Magic "events" from my blog. I edited out some of the 15th anniversary only stuff and some of the character stuff, sorry if it's wordy but hey-you guy's wanted a review!

"After this Pete and I headed to do the Party for the Planet postcard events. Basically it is a scavenger hunt-esque ...thing. Okay that's a bad description, but you pick up a post card and it tells you places to go. When you get there you play a little game and the Cast Member fills out the card and you receive some sort of a surprise. At the end of it all you have a super cool Nature kit. You could also choose to have Disney send you post card home to someone.

Things my Nature kit ended up with, I apologize if some of this stuff is always around, but they were lumping it all together today:
Green eco friendly kit bag that says Disney's Animal Kingdom Nature Kit- This is super cute and holds everthing!, A bug catcher, magnet with Squirt teaching about Sea Turtle protection, nature journal that says Disney Animal Programs, pencil, sunglasses and some wristbands. Actually had a lot of fun doing this!

Anyway after we finished this we headed to Dinoland USA to check out the dance party. When we got there we saw Thumper, Miss Bunny, Lilo and Stitch. At these parties I was used to characters not signing and kind of fighting for a decent picture BUT that was not how this Dinoland party was working. In between songs characters were more than happy to sign and take posed pictures. When we got back from Dinosaur Rafiki, Terk, and Timon were out. We got all excited since we had never met Timon before and we did not realize he would be there. While waiting for the next set to start it started to rain. Hard. The characters and the DJ headed inside. A little while passed, the rain cleared up and at 5:30 all 11 characters came out including Flik, Princess Atta, Koda and Kenai.
hile it was a tad chaotic with 11 characters out at 1 time and a bunch of people swarming, the characters danced through the fun popular songs, signed autographs and took pictures through other slower songs. It was decently organized and I don't think anyone that wanted a picture or an autograph didn't get one. After we finished our pictures we actually stayed and danced a bit, it was just a fun environment."

8672953885_a64edbb73f.jpg

I think that most people hate it because it was a lot of build up for not much reward.

Not all of it is an dance party. For me personally it smacks of we didn't have to put to much effort, time or money into this. Characters that aren't used are easy to bring out again. The rest seems like Disney just wants us to purchase more items. JMO. At least the Earth day event sounds really nice but there is not enough of those events and too many of the lets purchase merchandise.

Put the World Magic in the title and people expect well Magic. ;)

The use of the word "Magic", to me at least, implies it should be something better than what they have done so far. If it were called Limited Time "Extras" or "Bonus" or something along those lines...the reaction probably wouldn't be harsh as it's been. What they have offered so far outside the long lost friends week has been pathetic.

Exactly. You start tossing the word "magic" around too casually, and it starts to lose all meaning.

I was there yesterday, and I hate to say it (but I really wish the characters didn't sign autographs). It's supposed to be a dance party, and it was pretty crazy there because many of the characters were getting mobbed

I was there yesterday, and I hate to say it (but I really wish the characters didn't sign autographs). It's supposed to be a dance party, and it was pretty crazy there because many of the characters were getting mobbed

I also think the issue was the rain. I thought it looked alright when there was 3/4 characters out at a time but when they brought 11 out it was just too much. I don't know if that was because of the rain or that's going to be everyday but it was too many people. I agree with you on the autographs, they should of made up those cards and have the handlers walk around with them.

I also think the issue was the rain. I thought it looked alright when there was 3/4 characters out at a time but when they brought 11 out it was just too much. I don't know if that was because of the rain or that's going to be everyday but it was too many people. I agree with you on the autographs, they should of made up those cards and have the handlers walk around with them.

It's most likely going to be like that everyday. I just hope things change and they stop the autographs for the remaining of the LTM event

It's most likely going to be like that everyday. I just hope things change and they stop the autographs for the remaining of the LTM event

Ahh. A handler told me and my BF that the 11 was just because they took time off for the rain but that could certainly be correct. This is the first time a LTM hasn't used autograph cards (other than the first dance party and the one in Canada). To be honest, I think they intended the characters not to sign since it was a dance party. Perhaps later this week they will start enforcing that if it seems to be detrimental. I had heard that the cards were going to be standard for all LTM events a few weeks ago, at least for the traditional meet and greets. I have never been to a dance party where the characters signed and did posed pictures until this.

Ahh. A handler told me and my BF that the 11 was just because they took time off for the rain but that could certainly be correct. This is the first time a LTM hasn't used autograph cards (other than the first dance party and the one in Canada). To be honest, I think they intended the characters not to sign since it was a dance party. Perhaps later this week they will start enforcing that if it seems to be detrimental. I had heard that the cards were going to be standard for all LTM events a few weeks ago, at least for the traditional meet and greets. I have never been to a dance party where the characters signed and did posed pictures until this.

No, the weather had nothing to do with the number of characters out (it was going to be that way before the rain started)

I'm about to head over for today's festivities. I'm alone so getting photos is gonna be tough (hoping for some help by the attendants). Not looking forward to signing, I'll report back if it changes.

Just finished uploading my photos - the Dance Party tonight was only 4-6 but I was able to get a photo with all 11 characters. My photos start here, scroll to the right:

LIMITED TIME MAGIC

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter