Limited Time Magic?

It sounds like they may be trying to recreate the excitement people felt during the Year of A Million Dreams campaign. I'm not sure if it will work since they are also encouraging people to plan 180 days in advance for many things. We started planning in June for our January 2013 trip and I'm betting many people already have their weeks set for the first 4 months of 2013. That said, if they release a 52-week theme plan, it might add to many people's excitement for their trips.

I have to say though, the more I think about this, the more I need to keep an open mind. I remember in the past thinking that I didn't love a theme and then changed my mind when I saw it in action, not giving Disney enough credit.
Biggest case in point for me was "The Magic, Memories and You" castle show. I thought it was the stupidest thing I heard when I read about it and then balled my eyes out when I saw it each time. I can't wait to see it again in January and see what they've done with it.
So just had to come back here to say I'll give it a chance...won't Disney be happy to hear that from me, lol? :goodvibes

I think of the negative side....if I picked to go in the "off" season & they throw one of those crazy weeks in that everyone decides to show up to then it won't be an off season anymore. :sad2:

I do kinda like the idea - but there will be too many weeks that I'd want to go - how would i choose just one & because its to far & i'm not a passholder its nowhere near feasible to go.

I vote for the year round themes too.

Is there even a theme this year? I don't remember seeing anything. (now that the year is almost over!) If there is a theme this yr it didn't work on me - lol

Sounds interesting looking forward to hearing about other plans for the year, we are planning our second trip for mid October to mid November next year, so can't wait to read further news :thumbsup2

I think it sounds cool, but I think that's because I have so many trips planned for 2013... If we were taking our usual one big trip I'd probably get frustrated at not knowing the week-by-week themes far enough in advance to plan around one that appeals to me (like that long lost characters idea)! But with 4 or 5 trips in the works one of them is bound to hit something great.

On the flip side, I'm already disappointed that I won't be able to make the villains event at Studios... but with a trip in Aug before the kids go back to school and another sometime during Food & Wine there's just no way to make mid-Sept work.

As a local passholder, this definitely appeals to me. I'm especially excited about the Long Lost Characters and Villains events :hyper:

But I definitely see how this could end up being unappealing to those who put lots of thought and planning into their vacations, especially those on the DIS as Magpie pointed out. And the name? When I saw it in the first post, I actually though it was a joke. "Limited Time Magic" sounds like a department store's holiday sale, not a good yearlong theme for Disney.

I'll be interested to see how this pans out in the coming months.

Love it! It seems like they are going to offer some great promos. Rare characters, ability to meet the princes without being at parties, wondering theming!

Were aiming for the end of september next year, love this idea and hope we get lucky with the 'theme' for the 2 weeks were thier, im pretty much set on the dates but if they put something i feel i cant miss just before or after im wanting to go, i will change my mind!

i'm intrigued. i need more details.

we were planning to go for the TOT 10-miler next year. but i may be willing to change my plans to go during the Villains special week instead.

but i also agree with those who would be disappointed if they couldn't easily pick their vacation week to coincide with a specific week.

Do we know yet whether or not they will post some kind of calendar with all the different themes for each week of 2013? That's an important factor.

Do we know yet whether or not they will post some kind of calendar with all the different themes for each week of 2013? That's an important factor.

Yes. I'm in the early planning phases. Maybe DL, maybe WDW, narrowing down dates.

Hopefully, this shows them that some things like rare characters, princes, etc are a draw and will permanently add them after this trial run. Well, a girl can dream!

I'm excited about the Friday the 13th party in DHS. We will be in Disney that week, so we plan to attend and check out the villains. :cool1:

Just hope it's not crazy crowded during our whole week.

I hope they do! If not itll be a nice surprise when you get to the park, but if its going to be in different parks each week you could easily miss something by a day or two!!

i'm intrigued. i need more details.

we were planning to go for the TOT 10-miler next year. but i may be willing to change my plans to go during the Villains special week instead.

but i also agree with those who would be disappointed if they couldn't easily pick their vacation week to coincide with a specific week.

Wouldn't it be awesome if the 10-miler and this event coincided on the same weekend? Have they announced the date for next year's 10-miler? We did it this year and I'd LOVE to do it again.

i think narrowing down to a week is a little much. Many people might LOVE to go for a certain theme but can't get there that 1 specific week. I think they should have started with monthly themes.

Sounds awesome! I'm not a fan of the title though. I'm really excited for Unleash the Villains though! :hyper:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter