Linda's New Goal:Wt.155 + pace 9:30 = DONALD 2011(Motivators welcome)

Rest day today- going to get a xmas tree.We are so late this year, we usually have it up by now.

Wt=158.8

Linda

You are doing a great job, Linda!:cheer2: Keep up the good work!:cheer2:

How are you feeling? I hope you are feeling much better soon!:wizard:

How's your puppy doing?

Have a great Saturday and have fun getting your Christmas tree!!:santa:

Enjoy your rest day. It is probably much needed! Have fun getting the tree.
Great job continuing to lose!!!!:thumbsup2

9 mile LR today in 1:26:34, a 9:37 pace.It is actually still kind of nice out there for Dec.5th.I remember my first 10 mile run in 2008 in early Dec. we had tons of snow already and the kids had snow days this week.

Linda

Nice job Linda! I went out for a run today too-windy and chose a hilly route. Wasn't concerned about time, just enjoying the run.

Ran 5 miles this morning- no music and what a difference in pace!
Did it in 48:39, a 9:43 pace- ugh!

Oh well it is done- now time to get ready to do some xmas shopping

Linda

Music really helps to keep the mind distracted and the feet moving doesn't it? I've been looking at a local half marathon that is in a beautiful area but doesn't allow head phones. I'm not sure I could run that long without music and, of course, the constant feedback from my NikePlus.

Great job getting the miles in even if your pace wasn't quite where you want it.

Thanks Lola! Did only 3 miles today because tomorrow will be my 10 mile LR instead of Sunday- we have wicked weather coming.Ran it in 27:35, a 9:11 pace- I did think it was faster than that, I felt good I guess knowing it was only 3 miles- HaHa!

Then did the elliptical and walked the pup

Wt could be better but my diet could be too-159.8

Linda

I love that you say "wicked." It reminds me of my good friend from Maine.

Great pace on your 3 miles :thumbsup2

I have a 10 mile LR this weekend too. Is this your longest run before the 1/2? My training plan has it set up that way but the taper seems too long to me. I'm thinking about doing another long one next week, maybe 11 or 12 miles then cut back to 8 miles on the 25th and 5 miles on the 1st for the taper. But I really have no experience with this. What's your plan?

Lola
My plan calls for 10 as my LR the week before the 1/2 but I rearranged it so I am doing 10 today then 11 next week then 12 then prob 6 the week before.I find that where you stop your LRs is where you feel the wall- mostly in the full- My longest run was 18 miles because of the weather and being sick and at mile 19 oh boy I felt it.

Good luck out there this weekend.

Linda

10 miles done- getting closer to the race!!! Did it in 1:35:43, a 9:34 pace.feels good to have that out of the way-11 next week, hope the weather still cooperates.

Wt.=157.4 woohoo!

Linda

Great job on the 10 miler. Your pace is fantastic.

Thanks for the advice. I think I'm going to add in one more LR next weekend to get me closer to the full 13 miles.

Ran 5 miles today in 47:16, a 9:27 pace in the wind.Then did the elliptical x 15 mins all out then abs.Off to work now for a 1/2 day.

Linda

Nice pace Linda!! You are going to do great at the half!!

Are you going to run Oleksak again? I am thinking of doing it with a few ladies from the runners blog group. I would love to meet up with you if you go!

Veronica
I would definately love to do that one with you.It is nice scenary, first 4 miles are hills but after that really nice.Are the ladies from the Dis maybe I know them?

Linda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter