lipoma & liposarcoma

friend2Figment

Mouseketeer
Has anyone had either a lipoma or liposarcoma? My DS has two bumps the size of a palm on her chest. The one has more than doubled in size this past year and the other one is about as big as an infant's foot. They are starting to affect her ability to sit up straight. She has had an ultrasound & a CT scan of it. The surgeon said there was no need for surgery it is normal. :confused3 How is having two bumps protrude from your chest (below the set that is normal) in any way normal?
The mass is deep. They finally did a blood count after I went to her appt with her but they have not done a biopsy to test it for cancer. Am I just over reacting since our mom was sick blew it off as she started feeling better then got really sick went to the Dr and found out she had cancer, 19 days later we were planning her funeral.
Oh after the surgeon said no need for surgery follow up with your Dr when the Dr called with the results from the blood work she said after looking at the test they have found a mass in her lungs?
:scared:

It does make sense that it can be normal, but I understand how anxiety provoking having a lump can be when you've already had a loved one affected by cancer. I recommend getting a second opinion to put your mind at ease. Explain your concern at that visit. Best of luck!

I have no experience, but agree 100% 0n getting another opinion, a 3rd even.. Always, ALWAYS go with your instincts..:hug:

I had one removed from my back (towards my shoulder) many years ago. Picture a tennis ball cut in half and place it on my back. I looked like hunchback of notre dame. I did have it removed under local anesthesia at the hospital. They did do a biopsy and it was fine/negative.

They are harmless. I know a few people that have them but they you cannot notice them with certain clothes/depending on what part of the body. My mom had one removed also many years ago from her lower back.

Maybe she should try another doctor for a second opinion?

(Mine was a lipoma)

These are 2 different things. Lipoma is a harmless fatty tumor. Liposarcoma is a malignant tumor that arises in fat cells.

My DH has lipoma and they did do a biopsy to make sure. He actually has a few of them. The doctors we went to said to only remove them when they start to hurt or interfere with your ability to do something.

I must say they are pretty unsightly though...:scared1: DH has one on the back of his neck that is large enough to have actually caused him to have to increase his shirt-size. He's OK with it (mostly because he can't actually see it back there) but my vanity would cause me to be having it excised ASAP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter