Lisa and Rick's PJ/TR: Peace, Love, Mickey Mouse DFTVR! - DAY THREE! =)

Lisa,
Just got caught up on your thread. I am lovin' it! I might reach out to later w/ DVC questions. I am impressed w/ how well your curls looked while running in Florida of all places! What product(s) were you using that day, Curly Redheaded sista friend?!! :rotfl:

Great, Sarah, if you buy direct from Disney, we both get benefits if you use my DVC member number as a referral source!

My hair does do ever so much better in my hometown :hippie: I use the hair soaps from Basin in DTD exclusively now. For conditioner, I use the Aussie 3 Minute Miracle in the shower. My hair can take oodles of conditioner, so after I get out of the shower, I put Nexus Humectress in my hair as a leave-in conditioner. I use a diffuser to maximize the curl on very low heat. Naturally curly girls are all different though, my sister's hair would be weighed down by all the stuff I put in mine :laughing:

Great, Sarah, if you buy direct from Disney, we both get benefits if you use my DVC member number as a referral source!

My hair does do ever so much better in my hometown :hippie: I use the hair soaps from Basin in DTD exclusively now. For conditioner, I use the Aussie 3 Minute Miracle in the shower. My hair can take oodles of conditioner, so after I get out of the shower, I put Nexus Humectress in my hair as a leave-in conditioner. I use a diffuser to maximize the curl on very low heat. Naturally curly girls are all different though, my sister's hair would be weighed down by all the stuff I put in mine :laughing:

Great! I would love to help out my fellow curly redheaded sista friend w/ DVC points whenever possible! ;)

I feel you about the oodles of conditioner. I have found that Pureology has the BEST conditioner ever! Plus I don't have to use a ton of it. It is very expensive but I think it averages out, due to the fact that I don't have to buy conditioner every other week. :lmao:

I was using salon products; Paul Mitchell (frizz syrum you can only get from salons), Deva Curl gel, and Matrix Curl mousse. But, I recently discovered SAMY at Walgreens the other day when I ran out of gel and mousse and it was a Sunday. I bought the Samy BIG CURLS CREME and Samy iStyle Curl Mousse and I love them! I also use the diffuser and NEVER leave home without it! :)

Great! I would love to help out my fellow curly redheaded sista friend w/ DVC points whenever possible! ;)

I feel you about the oodles of conditioner. I have found that Pureology has the BEST conditioner ever! Plus I don't have to use a ton of it. It is very expensive but I think it averages out, due to the fact that I don't have to buy conditioner every other week. :lmao:

I was using salon products; Paul Mitchell (frizz syrum you can only get from salons), Deva Curl gel, and Matrix Curl mousse. But, I recently discovered SAMY at Walgreens the other day when I ran out of gel and mousse and it was a Sunday. I bought the Samy BIG CURLS CREME and Samy iStyle Curl Mousse and I love them! I also use the diffuser and NEVER leave home without it! :)

Well, you know I am writing all this down and will have to try them :dance3: Especially when a curly readhead tells me about them! :thumbsup2 Where do you get the Pureology?

When you started researching renting DVC points vs. buying them, was it a no brainer?

I think...I think....I think my husband is deathly afraid we are going to buy as soon as I start doing research!

:rotfl:

When you started researching renting DVC points vs. buying them, was it a no brainer?

I think...I think....I think my husband is deathly afraid we are going to buy as soon as I start doing research!

:rotfl:

:rotfl: :rotfl2: :lmao: You already know the answer from reading my first post! Tell him "be afraid, be very afraid!!!" My hubby was too but now he is my biggest cheerleader for having convinced him to do it. Of course, it helps that he loves Disney like I do! We absolutely love to travel by way of DVC! For us, it was a no-brainer financially as well. As I said before too, the best incentives for buying direct from Disney come from having a referring DVC member's information :wizard: PM me if you want mine. We bought on the secondary market though and you can do that too! We will be adding on direct through Disney though if they ever announce the Contemporary DVC available for sale!! :goodvibes

We are renting points for our VR trip in Dec 09, if anyone has any left over! ;) I'm hoping once DH sees how great it is, he'll let us buy into it! But i doubt it!! :confused3

We are renting points for our VR trip in Dec 09, if anyone has any left over! ;) I'm hoping once DH sees how great it is, he'll let us buy into it! But i doubt it!! :confused3

You mean you are staying on site for a few days before or after the cruise? Are you renting a studio or a bigger villa? I bet your DH will get sorely tempted on that trip. Renting points has caused many a new DVC owner. :rotfl: My parents, at age 68 and 69, bought DVC points within months after going on a DVC trip with us!! :goodvibes :thumbsup2

Invitations:

I am all about Mickey and Minnie and so is DH! :lovestruc We knew we would want our invites to reflect that love… I had been researching some of the Disney invitations available through Carlson Craft. I found a website that advertised being able to order any invitations through their site at a 30% discount. Being the frugal girl I am (except when paying Disney for my DFTVR, lol:rotfl: ), I wanted to order one of their Disney choices; here is the set I chose:
Invites.gif

Anyway, I got all the way through the order process and was preparing to pay when I realized it did not give me the discount?! :headache: I called the website and they said that Disney had recently disallowed any discounts on their stationery. When you need 27 invites and have to pay for 50, the price sans discount was just crazy! I started to search all over again and was considering looking for some other type of invitation, not Disney themed. It was really bothering me…can you tell? :mad:
My sister has worked her whole adult life in graphic design. I promised myself that I would not bother her with this though. She works so hard and has four children and two new grandbabies. It just seems that she has so little time for anything that I did not want to burden her with this. One day, in pure frustration, I called her to ask a question about invites and when she got me to tell her what was up, she immediately began the search for graphics and materials for us to make the invitations ourselves!! I visited her one morning and we went over all the plans at her home office. We picked this paper in Starburst Lichen and Spring Larch: :dance3:
Petallicpapers.jpg

Cathy picked a vellum overlay that was gorgeous called iridescent. We found a fabulous picture of Mickey and Minnie where Minnie is kissing Mickey’s cheek and she is wearing her flower hat too!!! :goodvibes I picked the wording for the invitations. The papers arrived and we set aside a Saturday to complete the work. We went to Hobby Lobby to find some way to further decorate our invites with a Mickey symbol. We looked and looked. We considered cutting black felt, using black pom-poms and going with just a flower symbol at the top. Finally, we noticed for the second time, tiny black brads in two different round sizes that could possibly be teamed together to make a Mickey head!!! :mickeyjum We bought them and prayed it would work as we envisioned.

I wish I had pictures of us assembling them because they turned out so well, imo! We put the brads (Mickey) through the first paper and then sealed it to the second color paper so the back of the brad was secured and hidden inside the two papers. Everyone that received them thought we had spent a fortune on them. :teacher: We would have for a specially designed invitation! Here is our invite minus our last name:
DSC01255-1.jpg

DSC01308-1.jpg

We did our stamps through Zazzle. Originally, I had wanted to do a stamp with Mickey and Minnie in the airplane with the heart shaped smoke behind them. I could never make the site go to the Disney area and of course, it denied my request for that as a stamp :rolleyes1 So, instead, I decided to use my own pictures for the stamps. I was pleased with them and here they are:
DSC01256.jpg

My mom also sent an invitation to a character breakfast on our last morning at Disney honoring Rick and I. I thought it was great how it seemed to almost match my invitations in paper looks and it was from the Hallmark store! My sis, the expert, did the inside printing and made sure it had another Mickey at the top!! :thumbsup2 Here it is:
DSC01252.jpg

DSC01253.jpg

You mean you are staying on site for a few days before or after the cruise? Are you renting a studio or a bigger villa? I bet your DH will get sorely tempted on that trip. Renting points has caused many a new DVC owner. :rotfl: My parents, at age 68 and 69, bought DVC points within months after going on a DVC trip with us!! :goodvibes :thumbsup2

Yup! The plan is to stay 5 nights at VWL in a Studio before the cruise. But my girlfriend is going on teh cruise with us, and is thinking of coming to Disney also. I don't want to make her pay $300 a night to stay at WL, so we may end up having to go to the AKV because i know they have rooms that will hold 5.

your invitations are too cute! Your sister is very talented!!

Invitations:

I am all about Mickey and Minnie and so is DH! :lovestruc We knew we would want our invites to reflect that love… I had been researching some of the Disney invitations available through Carlson Craft. I found a website that advertised being able to order any invitations through their site at a 30% discount. Being the frugal girl I am (except when paying Disney for my DFTVR, lol:rotfl: ), I wanted to order one of their Disney choices; here is the set I chose:
Invites.gif

Anyway, I got all the way through the order process and was preparing to pay when I realized it did not give me the discount?! :headache: I called the website and they said that Disney had recently disallowed any discounts on their stationery. When you need 27 invites and have to pay for 50, the price sans discount was just crazy! I started to search all over again and was considering looking for some other type of invitation, not Disney themed. It was really bothering me…can you tell? :mad:
My sister has worked her whole adult life in graphic design. I promised myself that I would not bother her with this though. She works so hard and has four children and two new grandbabies. It just seems that she has so little time for anything that I did not want to burden her with this. One day, in pure frustration, I called her to ask a question about invites and when she got me to tell her what was up, she immediately began the search for graphics and materials for us to make the invitations ourselves!! I visited her one morning and we went over all the plans at her home office. We picked this paper in Starburst Lichen and Spring Larch: :dance3:
Petallicpapers.jpg

Cathy picked a vellum overlay that was gorgeous called iridescent. We found a fabulous picture of Mickey and Minnie where Minnie is kissing Mickey’s cheek and she is wearing her flower hat too!!! :goodvibes I picked the wording for the invitations. The papers arrived and we set aside a Saturday to complete the work. We went to Hobby Lobby to find some way to further decorate our invites with a Mickey symbol. We looked and looked. We considered cutting black felt, using black pom-poms and going with just a flower symbol at the top. Finally, we noticed for the second time, tiny black brads in two different round sizes that could possibly be teamed together to make a Mickey head!!! :mickeyjum We bought them and prayed it would work as we envisioned.

I wish I had pictures of us assembling them because they turned out so well, imo! We put the brads (Mickey) through the first paper and then sealed it to the second color paper so the back of the brad was secured and hidden inside the two papers. Everyone that received them thought we had spent a fortune on them. :teacher: We would have for a specially designed invitation! Here is our invite minus our last name:
DSC01255-1.jpg

DSC01308-1.jpg

We did our stamps through Zazzle. Originally, I had wanted to do a stamp with Mickey and Minnie in the airplane with the heart shaped smoke behind them. I could never make the site go to the Disney area and of course, it denied my request for that as a stamp :rolleyes1 So, instead, I decided to use my own pictures for the stamps. I was pleased with them and here they are:
DSC01256.jpg

My mom also sent an invitation to a character breakfast on our last morning at Disney honoring Rick and I. I thought it was great how it seemed to almost match my invitations in paper looks and it was from the Hallmark store! My sis, the expert, did the inside printing and made sure it had another Mickey at the top!! :thumbsup2 Here it is:
DSC01252.jpg

DSC01253.jpg

OMGosh......I love them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cheryl

I love your dress and invitations...everything! The stamps are great too..I'd like something like that, but I'm from the UK...

Eargerly waiting for more! :thumbsup2

Kayleigh

Yup! The plan is to stay 5 nights at VWL in a Studio before the cruise. But my girlfriend is going on teh cruise with us, and is thinking of coming to Disney also. I don't want to make her pay $300 a night to stay at WL, so we may end up having to go to the AKV because i know they have rooms that will hold 5.

your invitations are too cute! Your sister is very talented!!

AKV is beautiful; I hope you get to stay there!!

My sister is very talented :goodvibes

OMGosh......I love them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cheryl

Thanks a bunch! I'm glad :flower3:

I love your dress and invitations...everything! The stamps are great too..I'd like something like that, but I'm from the UK...

Eargerly waiting for more! :thumbsup2

Kayleigh

Thanks so much! My dress isn't exactly the norm but I love it :cloud9:

Your invitations were true Disney magic.

I will definitely have to show this thread to my sister! I sent her a special thank you note for helping me. It was a collaboration but she is the one with the smarts to make it happen!! :hug:

It is hard to really show what they are like so I made two more pics. The envelopes closed up like a petal and I put Mickey and Minnie stickers to close them up...

DSC01317.jpg

DSC01315.jpg

I forgot to mention also that I only received back about 6 response cards. Some of my family just told me flat out that I would not get anything back because it was too cute and they also wanted to keep the stamp!! :)

Just beautiful....don't you love being able to say I love you over and over again, and do it in so many different ways? I think it is so important today with so many couples not making it through the good times, let alone the bad.

che

Just beautiful....don't you love being able to say I love you over and over again, and do it in so many different ways? I think it is so important today with so many couples not making it through the good times, let alone the bad.

che

You are so right, che :lovestruc Yesterday was my actual 10th anniversary, July 7, 2008 :cloud9: My husband gave me a card that said on the front, "True love stories never have endings." The quote was written by our favorite author, Richard Bach!!! Inside he wrote, Dear Lisa, I love you more now, than the day we married! I am so glad that you said "yes" to me. :hug: :goodvibes He is such a great husband!

Making it through the bad makes the good times so sweet!

You are so right, che :lovestruc Yesterday was my actual 10th anniversary, July 7, 2008 :cloud9: My husband gave me a card that said on the front, "True love stories never have endings." The quote was written by our favorite author, Richard Bach!!! Inside he wrote, Dear Lisa, I love you more now, than the day we married! I am so glad that you said "yes" to me. :hug: :goodvibes He is such a great husband!

Making it through the bad makes the good times so sweet!

Happy Anniversary.....my husband isn't always the most poetic...however, he will go with anything I plan :lmao: so I make up for that!!!!

Cheryl

Lisa! I just found your PJ/TR and I'm so excited that you're writing this. I've been so curious as to how your VR went! I'm sure it was gorgeous! I love your dress btw! My goodness - GORGEOUS! It's so nice to read this too now that I've met you. It makes a huge difference! Can't wait to hear more!

Lisa! I just found your PJ/TR and I'm so excited that you're writing this. I've been so curious as to how your VR went! I'm sure it was gorgeous! I love your dress btw! My goodness - GORGEOUS! It's so nice to read this too now that I've met you. It makes a huge difference! Can't wait to hear more!

I am so glad you found it too :lovestruc I didn't want to run around saying, hey, everybody, I am finally writing a PJ/TR, LOL! I thought it might be a little obvious and weird :rotfl:

Thanks so much for the compliments too :cutie: I do hope all my sister Disbrides from our O'Hana meet write TR's too and that includes you :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter