Lisa & John Surprise Swan Wedding 12/09/08 ~ TR begins Pg 7 ~ 5/22-Wedding Day Part 3

XmasPixie

Mouseketeer
Hello Disney Brides & Friends!

Names have been changed in order to protect the innocent :lmao:

Serioulsy, keeping plans on the down-low as we are trying to pull off a small surprise wedding during a Christmas time family trip to Disney World. Just in case any of our loved ones find their way here I cannot give too much away :confused3

Facts - to - date:
Randy Chapman: booked :cool1:
Ceremony: Swan - Crescent Terrace - 2pm - tentatively booked
Dinner - Dessert Party - or some kind of combination of the 2: TBD
At Home Reception: TBD
Colors, Dress, hair, tux, etc, etc: TBD
Time left to plan: SCARY :scared1:

That's all I got. Will explain the crazy decision later. Advice, thoughts & suggestions are welcome.

Welcome we can't wait to hear more and let us know when you are outed! Definately like a big reveal!

Pretty sneaky post:rotfl: BUT I think I know who! GREAT IDEA FOR A WEDDING! In the event Swan bride's don't know this, (as I did not) you can request to have the wedding on their beach! Had I known this I would have def. looked in to that. Also, just b/c you book with Just Marry doesn't mean you can't handle things outside of the location and ceremony yourself. I should have/could have found my own florist, baker for the cake etc. and saved myself lots of $$$. Any help you need, I am here. :dance3: "mystery bride":dance3: BEST WISHES!!!!!!!!

Thanks for your interest, ladies!

I really need to get my toosh in gear :rotfl:. Here are a few more details:

There will be no bridal party.

One member of my family is in on it. I had to tell someone and I need some help.

And a couple of friends at home know and they are also people who want to help, probably will not be coming, and will absolutely keep the secret.

We'd been back & forth on ideas for a wedding. Decided that we want Disney, decided we wanted simple, were planning on being there anyway, so let's do it. The MDG (Mystery Disney Groom :laughing: ) had the idea to wait to tell the family & friends that will also be vacationing with us - he kind of put it "oh, by the way, please be at such & such on xx day because we are getting married."

I liked the idea. We are treating it like an "elaborate elopment". Not a first wedding for either of us and we've been together for some time now :rotfl2: . We wanted different and this will be different. I am sad for the few family members that will not be there but at the same time I don't want them to feel obligated to spend money traveling that they are not in a position to spend - especially where we are keeping it small and do not plan on entertaining guests or having a big reception or doing other customary destination wedding things. We also plan to keep the events brief yet special so that we don't cut into too much of our guests vacation time since the wedding will not be a known part of their itinerary (if all goes according to plan, that is). And of course there will be an at home reception for everyone a couple of months later.

We are considering telling the few of our close family members about it (that aren't coming) as it gets closer to give them an opportunity to be there. Just don't know what will happen if we let the cat out of the bag :dance3:

QUESTION:
Any ideas for a combo heavy h'orderve/dessert party? You think that is something offered by Disney for a non-DFTW event (also with a guest count < 20 and most not staying on Disney property)?

:crazy: - Me, the MDB (Mystery Disney Bride) in disguise :rotfl:

If this was myspace I would post my mood as "Frantic"! :scared1:

What was I thinking? I don't even have a full 6 months. No, we aren't doing a whole lot of traditional stuff but I am stressing nonetheless. I want to get the main things booked so I can focus on some fun stuff. But there is just so much I don't know and am getting confused about that my head is spinning.

Worried about a Dessert party (I posted a question about this on the main wedding board).

Worried about where we will stay. I have heard that we will be in Disney during Pop Warner week. Have no idea what this is all about but I hear one of the hotels they stay at is FQ and I was really hoping to stay there. Worried about lots of kids and extra noise and availability...

Worried about what I have gotten myself into and if I can get it all done...:confused:

I'm sure its all part of the stresses of planning a wedding. Thanks for listening to my vent!!

Hey. It'll all work out. Try to start making ressies now, so you don't have to worry about it.

I hope your surprise works out! It sounds like an awesome idea. :)

Hey. It'll all work out. Try to start making ressies now, so you don't have to worry about it.

I hope your surprise works out! It sounds like an awesome idea. :)

Thank you! I hope to have some time to make some phone calls tomorrow to try and book a few more key things. Once that happens I'll feel a lot better. All in all I am still excited though...

Hey All!

Dessert Party -
Still no answers. I called a few different numbers for Disney and ended up speaking to a lovely girl with DFTW. Somehow, I have been assigned Bill as a wedding coordinator. Somehow, they had a lot of my information in their system. I am confused as to how that happened. I really don't think Bill can help me with a Dessert Party without having a wedding, but hopefully he can get me in touch with someone who can.

Of course this just opened the really wanting a DFTW floodgates in my head. Fortunately, when Bill tried to contact me yesterday I was not available. We are not locked in with the Swan yet, but what they (Swan) have to offer just really works for what we want. I do have some questions for Bill and if we ever speak I bet I will ask. I called him back and left a message but haven't heard back yet. I just don't think we can swing the Disney package in the budget and I cannot justify paying for things that I won't be using. I still find it odd that they had me assigned to someone???

In any case, I am sticking with my date so if my "will" to "accidently" sign on with DFTW if I ever talk to him takes over...its probably too late to get the date anyways. Which would probably save my forthcoming marriage :lmao:

The Vision -
* A brass arch draped with a sheer white swag…gathered at the top and either side.
* On either side of the arch, small pedestals holding mini Christmas trees – with no decorations, just brushed with sparkly snow. On the pedestals around the bottom of the trees, some fluffy white snow and maybe three small Christmas ornaments (silver, soft light pink, iridescent white).
* A dusting (on the ground) of white rose petals outlining the top area of the walk way near the arch…maybe a few pink mixed in…but mostly white for the “snow” effect.
* The bride carries a bouquet of soft pink roses (no greens) with some simple crystal accents tied with a white ribbon pinned with a hidden Mickey.
* The Groom wears a white boutonnière and hidden Mickey cuff links.
* The cute little cake has a Mickey & Minnie cake topper – preferably in Christmas clothes – or the Precious Moments cake topper where the bride & groom are wearing Mickey ears. Cake is white…maybe a few pink dots or maybe some small snowflakes in the frosting…
* Cake table has some fluffy snow on it with a few snowflake votives and maybe a small floral arrangement of snowy sparkly sprayed pine and a pine green ribbon tied around the vase with a few small pink, silver, and iridescent Christmas ornaments scattered in the snow.

I'm going for simple/soft/Holiday Magic with a little Disney. Oh, and I have to have sparkle. I figure it is Christmas time and Disney will be decorated to the nines…and it is Disney so we must add the Disney factor.

Priority Checklist:
Coronado Springs & Park Hopper tix booked.
Still need to book a Dessert Party or Dinner or combo.
Still need to book flight.
Still need a dress.

Hi, just wanted to let you know that they probably assigned Bill to you as a "sales coordinator." Which is good because he will definitely be able to answer your questions. The people on the hotline aren't as knowledgeable about the details as the coordinator is.

:goodvibes Good Luck:goodvibes

Thanks Phiharmaestro.

Unfortunately, I still haven't heard back from Bill. I'm not sure that he can help me but I was at least hoping he could put me in touch with someone who can. I've heard over and over that you can book parties at Disney if you are willing to pay. I'm not sure how much I am willing to pay, but I'm willing.

Maybe I will have to leave him another message. :upsidedow

Pixie,

Just found your PJ and hoping you are getting some answers. I really can't answer any as I am having a vow renewal on the Disney Wonder. Wishing you the best. Can't wait to read more.

Thank you PJStevens...I'm working on getting some answers. I'll be sure to figure it all out. Good luck with your VR planning! :goodvibes

Couple more things to check off the to-do list...
Flight booked
First shopping appointment booked - this coming Friday night at David's Bridal!
Bill (who I've dubbed Disney Bill) has forwarded my message on to someone who should be able to help me book a Dessert Party. If this does not pan out, I have a few other options in mind but I'm not giving up yet.

Thought I'd share a few of my favorite things so far...

One of my favorite gowns - it's an Alfred Angelo:
alfredangelo1669.jpg

Anther Alfred Angelo that I am falling for:
alfredangelo1148.jpg

David's Bridal 1:
davidsbridalt9264.jpg

David's Bridal 2:
davidsbridalv8755.jpg

David's Bridal 3:
davidsbridalt9389.jpg

Inspiration for Decor (thanks to another post in here). I may not have anything like this exactly but it inspired me. Think a soft pink where you see blue, and pine green or irredescant white where you see chocolate:
bluexmasdecor.jpg

A bouquet that I like:
palepinkrosebouquet.jpg

And one of my favorite cake toppers:
preciousmomentscaketopper.jpg

some great choices there Pixie. I love that light pink and brown combo. Can't wait to hear how you make out with your shopping this weekend. Hope you get someone to book that DP for you!!!

Dress news - bought one!!!

I had called a bridal shop yesterday to find out their hours and to see if you needed an appointment, etc etc. I was thinking I'd go there next week after David's to check out some other options. Well, the message said that they were going out of business and that all of their gowns were 50 - 75% off. I left a message and before I knew it, I had an appointment for last night after work, black bra and all! :lmao:

A good friend of mine met me there and I tried on about 6 gowns. I really liked 3 of them...but fell in love with 2 of them. The tie-breaker was the train on one of them...I just love the detail...oh, and the price - it was $100 less than the other. I got such a great deal and I love it. I have no pictures of if yet - was not very prepared to shop yesterday so I did not have my camera with me (no camera phone either).

It's a Demetrios Young Sophisticate. I cannot find it on their website - could be from a season or two ago??? I will try to describe it in case anyone is interested. It's got an empire waste with lots of sparkly detail around the chest. It is strapless. I think it is a matte satin - white - there is no other detail down the front of the gown, but it has a split back with detail that lines the train starting at the waste right down either side. And there is a sheer fabric over the train with little bits of detail on it. I don't know my train sizes - but it's longer than a sweep train, but not very long. It's a little poofy with a built in crinnie.

I'm so excited because I never thought I'd find anything so quickly and it makes it feel so much more real...my friend and I said "it's really happening." And I love a bargain - got it for $199!! Yay for the close-out sale!

Now I just need to find a seamstress. It needs to be shortened and taken in a bit around the chest :rolleyes1 . And of course, I need to find a creative way to take some pictures without giving myself away :rotfl:

Happy Day! :santa:

Pixie,

sounds like a beautiful dress, can't wait to see it!!!! and congrats on the wonderful price!!! :cool1:

Oh, I LOVE Demetrios gowns (I am a Demetrios Ilissa design girl myself. :love: ). It sounds gorgeous! Can't wait to see pix! You may be able to find a picture by going to google and putting in "Demetrios Ilissa" and the model number. That is how I got some great pix of my gown (better than on the Demetrios website)

Thanks, ladies - and great advice Keenercam! Took a bit of trying (and then finally getting the style # right - can you say transposition :laughing: ) but I found it.

I guess it's from a few seasons ago - but I still love it:

MyDress.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter