Lisa & John Surprise Swan Wedding 12/09/08 ~ TR begins Pg 7 ~ 5/22-Wedding Day Part 3

That's really cool that you saw the hot air balloon that morning!

So, it might appear somewhere else in your report, but was the makeup with Ana from Beaute Special? I agree, it is definitely helpful to have a completely honest review because after all everyone can't be an A+++++

That's really cool that you saw the hot air balloon that morning!

So, it might appear somewhere else in your report, but was the makeup with Ana from Beaute Special? I agree, it is definitely helpful to have a completely honest review because after all everyone can't be an A+++++

Hi Vanessa! Yes, the hot air balloon was really cool - especially that it was the morning of the wedding.

And yes, we used Beaute Speciale. I went back and clarified that in my post. I'm glad you like my grading system. I think for those of us who come home and have a wonderful experience are just so excited and get carried away in our reviews. I'm trying to step back a little and be honest/realistic.

Thanks for keeping up with my report! :goodvibes

Time really flew by once Ana and Mirabel got to the room. Before I knew it, John had left, the gown was delivered and Randy arrived. For the most part it was all very exciting.

The only crazy part was when poor John got to the Swan. He really wasn’t sure where to go. Susan had called us earlier that morning to let us know the name of the room that would be available to us should we choose to get ready there. I thought this was a nice option, however it would have been next to impossible for me to get ready there with such last minute notice as to which room it would be. How would I have worked that out with my other vendors? In any case, John called me wondering where to go. I gave him Susan’s cell phone number. Not long after that he called again. Where was the license to marry? I had sent him away with his tux and the wedding favors. I never even thought to give him the license. I had that packed safely in my bag that was coming with me. Poor guy, he was getting a little anxious with all the questions coming at him and I was getting a little frustrated, but I took a breath and appreciated the commotion and nerves of the day. I apologized and told John that I never even thought to give it to him and that I definitely had it and would make sure not to forget it.

Randy started taking pictures almost immediately upon arriving. He is just so laid back and you don’t even realize that he is busy at work.

Showing Melissa how to bustle the dress:
LJ0067012-9-08.jpg

My ballet slippers with necklace and earrings:
LJ0066312-9-08.jpg

After a few touch ups by Ana and Mirabel, they were packed up and on their way. Randy was hanging my dress here and there, checking everything out and snapping away. He then said that he’d be stepping outside so we could dress and to let him know when we were done.

He had asked me what time the limo was coming. I said to him in kind of a sad voice that we did not have a limo. He said to me in a very encouraging voice, “great, then you are working on your own time and not someone else’s.” He is awesome – that was the perfect thing to say and really made me smile. I hadn’t felt funny or regretted not hiring a limo until the moment he asked me when it was coming. He won me over for the rest of the day at that moment.

Before we sent Randy out, I gave Melissa a few gifts I had for her. I had a birthday present for her, a gift card to Chili’s (one of her favorite places), a snowflake necklace for her to wear with her dress, a pink pashmina (not a real one LOL) for her shoulders in case it got chili out, and her invitation.

It did not take Melissa and me too long to get dressed. The most difficult task was hooking up those crazy bras we got from David’s Bridal. Once we were all set, we let Randy back in the room. He took a few pictures of us in the room and then he took me outside for some shots while Melissa finished getting ready. Some of my favorite shots were taken here. I had so much fun working with him (have I said that yet?). I was already having a blast and we weren’t even at the wedding yet.

LJ0103312-9-08.jpg

LJ0109312-9-08.jpg

LJ0107412-9-08.jpg

LJ0112412-9-08-1.jpg

Getting to the Swan was kind of funny. I had no problem getting into Melissa’s car (she was driving) since she has a big one – a grand marquis. But once we pulled into the driveway we kind of slowed down and ducked a little. I was like “stop”. It’s not that I wanted to stop the wedding or anything, it’s just that all of John’s family was crossing the street to get into the Swan and I did not want them to see us. So we sort of creeped along in the car then pulled off into the parking lot once they were out of sight. The parking lot there is pretty big and we could not find a spot to close. So there I went tip-toeing across the parking lot in my gown. I was trying to keep my ballet slippers from getting filthy or greasy. But we could not stop laughing as we figured we looked like a sight running through the parking lot all dressed up and carrying extra bags of stuff. Definitely not the princess bride story here.

When we got up to the entrance I could not resist but to go over to the valet attendant and say to him, “I’m kind of lost, I’m here for a wedding.” He cracked up with us, along with a few people who overheard. I seriously had no idea where to go and he said he saw some people straight ahead inside.

When we got into the hotel I stayed back behind poles and things as Melissa would go forward to make sure the coast was clear. We did not want to run into our guests and we especially did not want to run into John. I could not stop laughing as I would duck into a doorway or behind another pole and then Melissa would say “ok”. And then we finally arrived at a little foyer area where Rev Tim was sitting with Randy. Randy told us we were safe to come over and that everyone was outside.

Reverend Tim told me that he already met with John and that he had some questions for me. We spoke for a few moments and I gave him the license. He told me that according to everyone he’d already spoken to “this wedding has been a long time coming.” Oh Reverend Tim, you can say that again.
After a few minutes, Susan Southerland came inside with her assistant (I cannot remember her name) and Tom from the Swan and Dolphin. This was the first time I met her in person. She gave us our flowers (loved them) and told us how things were going to happen. She said she was waiting for the last possible minute to put the rose petals down since it was breezy out there and she didn’t want them all to blow away. I had only ordered 2 dozen petals (I just wanted a dusting) so I needed all the petals to stay put. Susan was so nice and friendly and seemed to be truly excited for us.

Randy took a few more pictures of Melissa and I inside. And then off we went to get married!

Here is a shot of Reverend Tim with John before Melissa & I arrived:
LJ0072612-9-08.jpg

Here is Susan, me, Rev Tim & Melissa:
LJ0073312-9-08.jpg

LJ0119212-9-08.jpg

Yes, my sister is much taller than me, but it doesn’t help that she has heels on and I have ballet slippers on…
LJ0119712-9-08.jpg

I am loving your posts especially because i am getting married at the swan and dolphin in October:cheer2:

You mentioned you met Tom who worked at the swan and dolphin is he the catering manager ~ Tom Eicholzer? If so what is he like? I have been talking to him loads over email.

You crack me up with hiding behind the walls and running through parking lots! :rotfl:

I was nervous about running into DH too. We were moving over to our changing room at the Swan and carrying the dresses over from the Dolphin. I already had hair and makeup done but not my dress on. DH was coming back from an afternoon and the ESPN Club with his BM. We ran smack into them on the escalators!! I saw DH and screamed and ran away. It was right by that little bar area. All the people laughed and told DH to hide. I ran by and they ended up buying DH a beer cause they thought it was funny :) We don't have good timing!

Posted by jennjones1: I am loving your posts especially because i am getting married at the swan and dolphin in October

You mentioned you met Tom who worked at the swan and dolphin is he the catering manager ~ Tom Eicholzer? If so what is he like? I have been talking to him loads over email.

Hi Jenn! I'm glad that I can help. I am limited for time that is why there is some delay between posts, but I am going to keep working on it. I figure some of my experiences can help someone out in the future. Congratulations on your wedding! October will be here before you know it!

As for Tom, yes he is the catering manager. To be honest, I met him very quickly and it was just before the ceremony so I was getting nervous and excited. I didn't get a chance to speak with him much - I didn't even realize he would be there as we didn't have anything to cater :rotfl: ...we just had cake, cider and some water at the ceremony... But the few minutes he was there he seemed very nice.

Posted by Disneychix: You crack me up with hiding behind the walls and running through parking lots!

I was nervous about running into DH too. We were moving over to our changing room at the Swan and carrying the dresses over from the Dolphin. I already had hair and makeup done but not my dress on. DH was coming back from an afternoon and the ESPN Club with his BM. We ran smack into them on the escalators!! I saw DH and screamed and ran away. It was right by that little bar area. All the people laughed and told DH to hide. I ran by and they ended up buying DH a beer cause they thought it was funny We don't have good timing!

That is too funny! :rotfl: These stories we have are priceless. I seriously could not stop laughing as we ran across the parking lot. I must have been bouncing around because I was on my tippy toes. We will enjoy these memories for a long time to come...

Thanks for hanging in there with me. There will be more to come very soon...

Randy is so awesome, isn't he :goodvibes I love the ballet slippers; I was planning to wear them but after a car accident I was in the summer before our wedding, my back couldn't handle them anymore. I did have my flowergirl wear some though. I love the shots of you and your sister at Coronado; it looks like you were having a lot of fun. The comment to the valet really made me laugh, sounds like you have a great sense of humor :rotfl:

Oh Vanessa - I remember that car accident of yours...so scary. My sister and I were having a blast at Coronado before the ceremony. Thanks for following along...:goodvibes

Thanks Toni! :flower3:

As usual - I have so much catching up to do...:surfweb:

For anyone who's been following along - sorry for the extended delay. I've been super busy with life - oh yeah, my at home reception, too LOL and had to let some stuff go for a little while. I don't know how many of you were following along, but I am determined to get this thing finished for anyone who was and for any future or potential Swan brides out there. (Sorry that my pictures are so big).

WEDDING DAY Part 3

Once Randy was all set taking shots of Melissa and I in the lobby of the Swan, it was time to get married. Susan came over to ask us if we were ready. I was so excited. We walked outside and around the corner. It was such a lovely day out there.

Melissa began her walk down the walkway as the harpist played “A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes.”

LJ0121212-9-08.jpg

When Susan gave me the signal I began my walk to “When You Wish Upon A Star”. The music was absolutely beautiful. I am so glad that we chose a harpist as it was very romantic.

LJ0122412-9-08.jpg

As planned, when John saw me coming (he was standing under the arch next to Reverend Tim) he began walking towards me.

LJ0120612-9-08.jpg

We met about half way where he took my arm and we walked the rest of the way together. I was so happy. I had waited for this moment for so long and it all felt so right. I made sure to really take it all in.

LJ0122812-9-08.jpg

LJ0123112-9-08.jpg

LJ0123312-9-08.jpg

A few of our guests sort of followed a bit behind John to take pictures, which felt a little weird for a moment, but they went right back to their seats. And then my crazy mother had to make a comment about it being ‘about time’ and she thought she was going to have to ‘get the chains’. Everyone laughed. I wish she didn’t say anything. We are very laid back people and really wanted something fun – but I wanted this part to be romantic and dreamy…no comments from the peanut gallery, mom! It was ok though.

Reverend Tim was amazing. The more he spoke, the more I truly thought that he was inside John’s head saying everything that John feels. It was seriously like he was reading John’s mind. One regret I have is that we did not video tape the ceremony. I would love to go back and hear our ceremony and vows again. The whole thing was so romantic and touching. I’ve even considered getting in touch with Rev Tim to see if he has a copy of our vows, I would love to have them as a keepsake.

LJ0125512-9-08.jpg

During the ceremony I noticed how the arch was decorated. I had requested just a fabric swag with no flower arrangements. I had also sent a couple of boxes of pink and pearly white Christmas ornaments to Susan for her to use with the décor as she saw fit. She ended up bunching them up and tying them around the arch. Two sets actually looked like Mickey heads – I’m not sure if that was done intentionally or not, but I like to think it was as Mickey heads were incorporated into our theme. In any case I thought the arch looked great.

Also during the ceremony a couple of ferries (the ones that go between Hollywood Studios, the resorts and Epcot) blew their horns for us. We thought that was very cool. During the exchanging of the rings, poor John had a hard time getting my rings on. Rev Tim had taken both my band and my diamond and handed them to John together. The problem is, they will not slide on my finger together. He tried but I ended up having to help him. We giggled a little about this.

LJ0131312-9-08.jpg

Rev Tim finally pronounced us husband and wife and told us to kiss. I guess we didn’t kiss good enough because he then instructed John to hold onto his wife and kiss her “like you mean it”. It was cute. The whole thing was just so romantic, special and moving.

LJ0132212-9-08.jpg

I am so glad that I found Reverend Tim. I learned so much about him from past Disney Brides. And a friend of mine (another Disbride) who also had her wedding at the Swan (and did not have such a great experience) used Rev Tim. He saved the day for her. When I learned that I just had to have him. He absolutely added to the magic of our day. I give him an A+.

LJ0133012-9-08.jpg

After the ceremony, Susan (and Randy) were great at keeping things organized (thank goodness as I would not have known what to do and when). Susan suggested we take a few minutes to mingle with our guests. There were lots of hugs, kisses and tears. Then they wheeled the cake into the area and we did our toast and cut the cake. Fortunately, Reverend Tim (again – awesome) thought to ask John if we had anyone to do the toast. He did not have a best man and we never thought to ask anyone to do the toast – though I am sure his brother would have done it without question. But Rev Tim came over with us and said (closely quoted) “May your marriage last as long as Mickey and Minnie’s and may you have as much money as they do”. It was great.

LJ0143512-9-08.jpg

I just loved our little cake. It was adorable and delicious! I cannot seem to find a good color picture of it, so here it is in black and white…

LJ0140412-9-08.jpg

Then we did our first dance to Eric Clapton’s “Wonderful Tonight” (played by the harpist of course).

LJ0076312-9-08.jpg

After our dance we did a bunch of pictures with everyone. We did a group picture:
LJ0139512-9-08.jpg

A picture with our moms:
LJ0149712-9-08.jpg

My sister and brother-in-law with us:
LJ0150512-9-08.jpg

John’s brother and sister-in-law with us:
LJ0151412-9-08.jpg

Our niece:
LJ0153012-9-08.jpg

Our friends & their kids:
LJ0153712-9-08.jpg

Melissa & I took a few more pictures:
LJ0155112-9-08.jpg

LJ0155812-9-08.jpg

After the pictures John & I passed out our favors and wrist bands for the dessert party. We told everyone to go have a great time in Epcot and that we’d catch up with them later. Melissa and Bryan stayed with Susan to collect our things and John and I made our way to the Boardwalk with Randy to take pictures.

Favors:
LJ0127712-9-08.jpg

Some things to note – throughout the socializing, cake cutting and picture taking the harpist played continuously. She played mostly Disney music and mixed in some Christmas songs. She was great. If any of you future brides has the chance to book a harpist for your event I highly recommend one. The music is very recognizable as you do not just get the melody or the harmony with this instrument, you get both. The music was also not intrusive at all, she sat right in the middle of us all yet it was like a background theme track. And it was so romantic and beautiful.

Also to note – I really enjoyed working with Susan from JustMarry. I had my doubts because of other stories I’ve read about, but I had nothing but success with her. She did a wonderful job with the decorations I sent down and really captured my vision with the things I requested. She always got back to me within a reasonable amount of time with answers to my questions and concerns. We had a lovely day and a wonderful time. I rate JustMarry with an A.

Yay for an update!!:cheer2:
You had such a beautiful day, and Randy did a great job on your photography!
Can't wait for more...

:bride: Everything looks like it turned out so beautiful! I love the expression when John comes to meet you in the aisle. I'm sure Rev. Tim would email you a copy of your vows, that is definitely something that you will want for a keepsake.

I don't seem to remember, what were your favors? I love the bags they are inside :goodvibes

I was sad to hear that you were disappointed about not getting a video. Its strange how some things that seem so insignificant during our planning are so important when we look back on our memories.

Wow! That sounds so wonderful! Thanks for writing the report for us! I've enjoyed reading it. Congratulations and best wishes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter