Lisa's Wish Journal - Now we have gone Dopey.

Hi Lisa,

I'm sorry to hear that work has been kind of stressful lately. :( Just keep counting down the days until Disney! :banana: Do you have a Disney countdown calendar at work that can help you through each day? I love making those for my girls when we're about 50 days away from our vacation. Gets everyone excited for our trip!:yay:

I hope you have a wonderful day ahead!:hug: Keep up the good work!!!:cheer2:

Do you have a Disney countdown calendar at work that can help you through each day?

I do have a calendar that starts at 20 days. I hang it on my counter at work and it drives everyone nuts. About day 5 people start to panic. :rotfl:
You would think that I was never coming back. Of course that could be because whenever anyone asks why I go so much, I tell them I am trying to decide on my new job. :rotfl2:

I was very tired today, I even fell asleep in the truck on the way to lunch. :faint:
I was very proud of myself today. Given that I was going out to lunch, I did not partake of any birthday cake this morning. At Copeland's I had soup and salad before my cheesecake:love:, which I only ate half of the slice and saved the other half for later.
Tonight E and I walked for 45 minutes. Not real fast as both of us were tired, but I actually felt better when we were through than when we started. :thumbsup2

Great job avoiding the birthday cake yesterday and for getting a walk in when you were tired!:thumbsup2

I hope you have a great day ahead!:hug:

Today was a better day. I went to bed earlier than usual last night and I am sure that helped some. I had the usual breakfast of a plain english muffin and milk, lunch was crawfish bisque, a bit of the bread bowl and a bite of cookie; snack was a banana and dinner was cereal. No exercise tonight although I did work out in the yard a bit and I walked to other buildings at work twice today. One is a good 10minute walk each way, so that should count for something. I have to do some housecleaning tonight since E and the boys will be coming over tomorrow night.

Okay, I am bummed. :sad1: Gained 1.5lbs. I should have expected it with all the eating out, even though I really tried. TOM starts Tuesday, so I am sure that doesn't help either. and I need to work harder on cutting down the coke I comsume. Oh well, there is always next week. :upsidedow
Today should be a quiet day. Main Friday off for those who work compressed, the parking lot was rather empty when I came in. Hopefully I will be able to clear my desk a bit and do some catch up printing.

Lisa, 1.5 pounds is not much of a gain, its so hard to do good when you eat out and TOM is probably more to blame than anything. Great job having half the cheesecake and saving the rest for later. That is some serious will power! Hope you got that slow day to get some things done. That small gain will be gone by next week!

I agree with Amy.....1.5 pounds isn't much of a gain and it can easily be attributed to TOM. I bet you'll see a whoosh on the scale next week!:thumbsup2

I hope you have a great weekend!:hug:

Hi Lisa, hope your weekend was nice and that this week got off to a good start!:)

Hi Lisa,

Stopping by with some :wizard::wizard::wizard::wizard: for your week ahead! How many more days til WDW?:woohoo:

Have a great day!:hug:

My apologies again. We had a very busy weekend last week and then Monday there was a death in my extended family so I have had the kids this week.
Friday evening, E and the boys came over. We did a lot of sewing until our DHs came home from a golf tournament. They were in very good spirits as they had had a good day golfing. While E and I were finishing up, the power went. I mean the entire neighborhood and it was cloudy out. The only light available was from the solar powered garden lights. Until DH cranked up the generator. :cool1: After Katrina and our being without power for 4 weeks, we decided that wouldn't happen again. We had a very large generator installed. We can't run the entire house, but enough to function and keep the frig and freezer going. The power came on a couple hours later, but it was a good test. We have had the generator for almost three years and the first time we have ever used it. Which is a good thing when you think about it. :thumbsup2
Saturday early, E and I met at the track by her house. Our goal was to walk three miles and WE DID IT! :banana: We were kind of slow, but happy with our progress. On my way home I stopped at my friend Colby's (one of the MAK sisters) to take pictures of the guys building Joey's play set for his birthday.
IMG_0783.jpg

IMG_0784.jpg

how is this for organization? She laid it all out in the appropriate steps.
IMG_0788.jpg

I left DD there to play and went to do some shopping. After shopping I went back to the playset in progres and ended up being the entertainment committee for the four younger kids. With E and Granny, we cleaned house, feed the kids and entertained them.
At 8:15pm the play set was complete! Joey got to go first since it was his present. Then the others joined him while all the adults went inside for dinner. I played referee. We got home late that night. DD fell asleep on the couch before I could even get her jammies on.
Sunday was a quiet day. I was rather worn out and took a break, kind of. Still did a lot around here, just can't remember what.
Monday was work as usual and then dance class for DD. At the end of class the instructor was talking to us about the upcoming recital when I got this sudden urge that I needed to leave; right then. As soon as I pulled out of the parking lot, John (Colby's DH) called. Colby's father had just passed away and he asked if I could take the kids while he told her and then took her to her Mother. He was just with us on Saturday and was fine. Massive heart attack and nothing could save him. I took the kids to my house and kept them until late.
Tuesday I left work early as I had a headache and was getting sick. I went to bed and felt a little better when I woke up. E and I walked for a long time, 56 minutes. It felt good to walk and talk. We were both in a bit of shock.
Wednesday was visitation. Colby asked me to keep the kids at my house as she didn't want them to be around everyone so upset. I also kept E's boys while she, her DH and my DH went to the visitation. My friend April came over with her DD and Gram came over as usual and we had a pizza party.

Today was the funeral. I worked for half a day and then E and I went to the graveside service. It was real nice. Mr. Charles retired from the Army so the rifle core was there and an honor guard. We were going to walk tonight, but I had the kids until their parents got home and I had to go to the dance studio to turn in the ads we sold for the dance revue program. A bit of good news. DD is going to be on the cover with another girl. They tied for first in the ad contest. I HATE asking people for money, so this was totally worth it. My friend Mary helps me get ads.
Tomorrow is my off day, I am working compressed for the summer. Can't wait to see what happens tomorrow. :rolleyes:

I can be such a gober. Thank you for hanging around and all of the encouragement. I really appreciate it.:grouphug:

Lisa, I am so sorry about the sudden death in your family. That is always so shocking when someone suddenly dies like that, especially when you have just seen them. I hope everyone is doing okay, life is so unpredictable sometimes. :grouphug:

You've had a busy week (really busy), I hope tomorrow is uneventful and that you have a nice weekend. And Happy Mother's Day and again, I am sorry for your loss.

Oh Lisa,

Sweetie, I am so sorry to hear about the death in your family.:sad1: We'll be praying.....:grouphug:

I hope you have a chance to take it easy this weekend. :hug: You have had such a busy week....

Thank you both, y'all are so sweet. Yes, today was much better. My off day and I had 8 whole hours all to myself. I clipped coupons, cleaned out some of my email, went shopping. Just regular household shopping, but I did buy something for myself. Did a little house cleaning and I do mean a little. Then the drama started. Never stays away for long. We were going out to dinner tonight since DH is leaving Sunday afternoon for business. Well, my DM calls to say something is wrong with her septic. So, I call DH at work, who doesn't answer, not surprising as he has been in meetings all week, and I leave a message. He comes home at regular time, thinking he can look at it tomorrow. Uh, no, gotta go over now. When she calls, DM says she doesn't feel well and has a call into the doctor. I don't think anything of it, I figured she had a sinus infection or something. When DH gets back home, he said her blood pressure was up, she is retaining fluid....and the doctor's office had never called back. It's almost 7:00 by now and too late to do anything. :sad2: Now, I'll be checking on her all weekend.
Didn't weigh today as I do it at work since I don't have a scale at home.

I hope everyone has a great weekend and a wonderful Mother's Day. :flower3:

I'm glad that you had some time just for you yesterday. :goodvibes

Sending some good thoughts and prayers for your DM. How is she feeling today?

I hope your Saturday is a good one. :hug:

Lisa, I hope your DM is better and that you still find some time to relax and enjoy the weekend! It sounds like you at least got some alone time to get things done. And buy something for yourself which is always a good thing. Keep us posted on your dm. And Happy Mother's Day!

Thank you both again. DM is much better. I walked with E first thing this morning and then called to check on DM. She sounded better and said she felt better. She isn't sure why her blood pressure was up, but she'll go to the doctor to check at the beginning of the week. I took her coursage for Sunday out to her to make sure for myself she was okay.
We had DD's dance pics today. Did she have fun. Lots of pictures since she will be on the cover.
DH and E's DH golfed this afternoon and after they got done we all went to dinner and then to the mall to buy my DH his tux for our upcoming trip. (If you want to know what the tux is for, you have to read the MAK pretrip report) Shameless plug I know.
As soon as we got home the phone rang and it was my friend Mary's DH calling to say that her father had just passed away and my friend.
Mary was too upset to talk to me. I am in shock right now. The second completely unexpected death in 6 days. What is going on? Mr. Nix was in the hospital, but doing better. They had moved him to rehab a few days ago because he was doing so good. I am just sitting here wondering who will be nexted. How is that for a horrible thought? Sorry to be such a downer thread right now.
I really appreciate the support.

Oh Lisa,

Sweetie, I am so very sorry. :sad1: This must be such a difficult time for everyone. Please know that we will keep your family and friends in our thoughts and prayers.:grouphug:

Sending a gentle :hug: and a :flower3: for your Mother's Day today.

Okay, I'm back.

It has been a couple weeks I know. Sorry. Last thing I posted was Mr. Nix had just passed away. His funeral was the next Wednesday as they chose to wait for one of his grandson's to come back from Iraq. Steven works for a contractor so he has a bit more flexibility than military people. The funeral was real nice. Can't really remember much for the rest of the week. I do know that E and I have kept up our walking schedule. We are doing rather well and making progress. Small progress, but progress non the less. Work was not good this past week again. I think I have figured out the problem and a solution. We'll see how things go the next couple of weeks. Of course we have 14 days until we leave for our trip and I am off the day before we leave, so I will be in a much better frame of mind.
I am currently in Houston. I drove yesterday with my DD and DM. My nephew graduated from High School last night and was the Valedictorian. We are all very proud. After the ceremony my DM went to Beaumont with my middle brother and family for a week, then she will come back to Houston with my oldest brother for another week. My oldest brother will drive DM back home on the day we leave for Disney. Three weeks with someone else responsible for DM. Yes, she takes care of herself for the most part, but for three weeks I don't have to worry about her. :woohoo: Plus she won't be home to have any disasters right before I leave on my trip.
Anyway back to where I am now. In Houston and we have not been here since my niece graduated four years ago. I used to visit all the time. Gotta start coming back more. I love visiting here, Houston is a great city and I love spending time with my oldest DB and his family. We went to the zoo this morning and got totally soaked on the way out. Right when we were ready to leave the skys opened up. It didn't look like it was going to stop anytime soon, so we ran for it. Whats a little water? We didn't stop at the market on the way home though and good thing DB's car has leather seats. This afternoon we just hung around the house, watched tv, took a nap and have had a very quiet (except for the dogs barking) and relaxing day. It has been great. Tomorrow, DD and I head home.

I want to tell you how sorry I am to hear about Mr. Nix.:sad1: My condolences go out to his family and friends. :grouphug:

I'm glad that you're having a good time in Houston. :goodvibes Congrats to your nephew on his graduation and on being the valedictorian!:cool1:

Your trip is only 14 days away?!?!?!:banana: I bet you are getting so excited!:woohoo: I hope that everything works out for you at work so that you can enjoy your vacation.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend, Lisa!:hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter