Live from OKW!!!

rbuzzotta

<font color=FF00CC>OKW until 2042<br><font color=t
We arrived Sunday and check in went smooth!! Got to our room by 2 pM. Bldg. 28. Everything in working order. Couch could stand to be cleaned!! We got our 'full housekeeping' today as we are staying 13 days!!! Thought it strange to get it on day 4 but oh well. She only changed the sheets and left new towels!! Not really a 'full' cleaning by my standards but hey, I am on vacation!!

The resort seems quiet!! The pool was quiet today but maybe due to 70% chance of t-storms!! It is pouring out right now.

Epcot last night at Extra Magic Hour saw waits for Soaring --60 mins, Test Track ---50 minutes and Mission Space about 30-40 ish (I steer clear of that one!!). My youngest and I walked on Ellen's Energy while the others waited for Mission Space.

Walked on Everest in the morning. About a 10-15 minute wait. Saw Nemo and it was great!! Went back to ride Everest and the wait about 30 minutes. However, the ride broke down and people got stuck in the tunnel!!! Everyone got a free fast pass. We never made it back!!

Doing lots of R & R and and enjoying ourselves. The chances of rain dimish as the week goes on. We are planning on attending the DVC party tomorrow.

any questions, jsut ask!!1 May not get back so soon as my DD's have instant message withdrawals and are hounding for the computer!!!

Wow, too bad about those waits during the extra magic hours. I hope you continue to enjoy a relaxing vacation. Thirteen days, wow, that's wonderful!!
I really don't know, can you ask to have the couch cleaned? If you don't feel comfortable, that's a long time to live with something.

I enjoyed AK's Nemo show a lot...DH didn't as much, but he's willing to give it another chance, it may have been our seats.

Bobbi:goodvibes

PS. Is OKW your favorite resort?

Hey Rosemary! WOW! 13 days! I hope you have a great trip! Thanks for giving us stuck at home a LIVE report! It's the next best thing to being there. Hope the weather improves too.

Donna

13 days...wonderful!

We've never stayed more than 5 so have never had a full cleaning. I assumed it would include vacuuming, dusting, cleaning the kitchen and bathroom, etc.. No?

Anyway, have fun!:dance3:

We plan to talk to housekeeping today to see if we can get a new mattress in the master bedroom. DH's back is killing an he can barely walk today. He just heaed over to SSR to try to work it out and sit in the hot tub!! I have never requested a mattress change so I don't know if it is possible. I felt bad because he had a tough night and kept moving into the kids beds (which seemed to help a little). I guess I could also ask about cleaning the couch!!!

It's a cloudy morning right now and I am going to enjoy my coffee on the balcony. Seems the landscaping crews have really cleaned up the brush and made the views visible (but not bare at all!!). We are in building 28!!

We have run into toher DVC members we have met over the years and it really gives the feeling of being at 'home'. My younger one's are still anticipating their friends from Long Island arriving!! They are keeping their fingers crossed and hope our vacations cross paths again this year as they have the past 3!!!

Ted andd Eddie at Hank's are keeping my younger DD's occupied and laughing per usual!!! Maryann is on vacation this week but we saw her sunday at the pool. My girls can't wait for her to come back. We finally brought a picture of Maryann and my youngest having a tea party at Hanks!!! We surely felt old looking at it!!

Well, my oldest is giving me the hairy eyeball and wants the computer!! LOL!! I am off for a walk to DTD. We plan to attend the DVC party today and then have dinner on the Boardwalk..........not sure where though!! As the years of owning DVC go, we find ourselves less inclined to make dining reservations and rush around!! I like it!!!

And yes!!! OKW is my favorite!!!

Sounds like you're having a great time! I hope you get the mattress situation worked out. We'll be at OKW in a little over two months and I can't wait! Thanks for the report!

Glad to hear that the rain may clear up.If you go into conch flats GS can you see if they sell cream cheese.I tried to call but didn't get an answer.

Glad you are enjoying your trip, but sad to hear about the maintenance and housekeeping issues. FULL housekeeping means just that. We always have full housekeeping on day 4, and they have always done everything, including vacuuming, dishes, changing beds. etc. On day 8 you should get T&T and another full cleaning on day 12. If I were you, I might ask to have the T&T and 2nd full cleaning switched. We have had good luck switching cleaning days around.

Went to Magic Kingdom last night for extra magic hour an stayed until 3 AM!! Housekeeping woke us up at 8 am be cause they said they needed to check something.......I sent them away but couldn't fall back to sleep!! I am hurting now!!!

Seems like alot of famiies checked in today!! Pool was crowded. As always,, a great opportunity to meet many people!! The weather was HOT but dry!! Chances of rain go down this week as the thermometer goes up!! Lots of pool time and water park time in store for us!!

The new matress is MUCH better. There was no problem changing it!!

We may try to catch the endeavor launch on tuesday, not sure yet!! What is so nice about being DVC members is that we can relax and if we don't see something today, we will tomorrow or next trip!!

Any questions, please ask!!!

Oh!! I did not see cream cheese at the OKW store!!

Rosemary,

Have a wonderful vacation. I'm arriving (SSR) one week from today for a mother/daughter trip (just 2 nights) with my oldest dd(13). I think MK is having an EMH night while we're there. Do you think MK will be less crowded than the EPCOT one that you attended? Maybe we're better off doing the AM EMH's.

Enjoy OKW. It's my fav, too.

Lissa

As if I wasn't itchy enough to get home, you had to go & remind of all the things I love at OKW! :goodvibes

Glad you are having a good time!

Hope to hear more!

Hi, Rosemary - glad to hear that you are enjoying your time at OKW! We will be there in just a few days for a quick 2 night stay and I can't wait. We are staying in Clearwater through the 8th and our air conditioner has died in our condo - wow is it hot!
I'm looking forward to a Disney air conditioned vacation home, I can sure tell you that!

Hi Lissa.........the MK magic evening hours were good!! We rode Splash Mountain 3 times and got to see everything else too except the line for Space Mountain was 60-90 minutes from the time we got there at 7 PM until we went back at 2 AM and decided to give it up and head back to Splash Mountain. We went on Thunder Mountain, Splash (3 X), Buzz, Monsters INc., Hall of Presidents, Speedway cars, stopped to eat for a little and really took our time and saw enough for my girls to be happy!! Yes, of course, we shopped too!!

It is HOT again today!! The pool a little more crowded but still enoyable. Seeing some more families we have met over the years again today!! It really is nice to see the kids grow up!!!

Off to DTD tonight. DD#3 and DH wnet to Blizzard Beach today and they said it wasn't too crowded given the 98 degree temperature and just about 0 chance of rain!! They had fun and DH's knee held out pretty well (he needs a total knee replacement soon!!!)!!

The younger girls have circled the activities they plan to do this week at Hanks...........t-shirt, plate making, lanyards, magnets, and some other crafts!! They just love it there!!

Well, off to shower..............anymore questions please ask and I will do my best to answer.

Hi Rosemary!

So nice to read your posts from "our" home!!! :goodvibes It was just yesterday that I was posting and got to read your wonderful replies!
I'm glad you're having a great time. It's funny ... I felt the same about the mattresses! I never thought to ask for a change ... thanks for teaching me something!
Did you get a chance to make it to either member event? We just get the biggest kick out of Dee Vee Cee!
Well ... it's so nice to hear from you ... and thanks for helping extend out vacation by proxy!:banana:
May the rest of your stay pass sssslllooooowwwwllllyyyy!
Have a great time!

Dave

Hi Rosemary!!

Remember me? It's been a long time. We left OKW on 7/27--just two days before you arrived! :-( Sure wish we could have seen you again. Wish our check-in had been easy but we finally got our room. Then Housekeeping forgot about our full-service cleaning, we got someone else's Magical Express notification etc. etc. Lots of frustrating moments during this stay--but we had tons of fun anyway. Our youngest DD Katie is still a CM! :-) Hope you see her perform at MK--if you are interested in her schedule, send me a PM. Have a WONDERFUL vacation! Hope we meet up again soon. :)

I would have loved to see you again MaryJo!! Your family photo is still in Hanks!!! LOL! I saw Manny today and thought of you all!!! Small World!!

Dave, glad to be extending your vacation...........

We did Magic Hour again last night at Magic Kingdom!!! I am a gluton for punishment!!! The girls rode Splash Mountain 4 times, Thunder Mountain and finally Space Mountain!!! We also did Buzz and Mickeys Philharmagic again!! It was crowded but a little less than Friday!!

If you plan to do Magic Hours at night, please remember EACH member in your parties room key!!! I normally don't have my kids carry their room keys (for obvious reasons) but this one CM really gave us a hard time with gettting our wrist bands last night, there was no problem on Firday night!! The room key has a code that states how many in your party but he refused to look at that. Finally after some arguing he agreed to give us our wristbands!!! It really was ridiculous and I told him so and I showed him where it specified how many in our party etc. His response was that he needed to have the majority of us with keys!! I was not going back to OKW to get all the keys!!!

Well, right now my family is at the mall and then DTD. I am hanging back as I have a swollen foot right now!! I went into the OKW pool and was walking down the stairs into the pool when I slipped!!! I bruised the whole bottom of my right foot!!! It is very sore to walk but I don't think anything is broken. DH wanted to get me a wheelchair but I figure if I ice it all night and rest it then hopefully it will be better tomorrow!! My youngest got me ice while I stayed in the pool on the stairs. The lifeguard kept telling me I had to take the ice out as it was a health hazard!! LOL!! I told her the stairs were a health hazard and if I was able to get out I would at the time!!! I kept the ice on for a while (it melted REALLY fast in the 98 temp). But I continue to enjoy my day at the pool!! Mostly in the pool because it was too hot out of the pool!! It is feeling a little better and I am being optimistic it will be good for tomorrow!! I was surprised to learn they did not have ice packs!! I think the reason the stairs may have been slippery was that the pool was quite warm!! I guess another woman broke her toe from slipping on the steps the other day!!

Any more questiosn, just ask!!

Rosemary,

I am enjoing your reports. Like most of us here on the DIS we have to live vicariously through those who can post live reports when we can't be there in person!

So sorry to hear about your foot. I hope it is better tomorrow and doesn't slow you down too much.

On the last day of our May trip this year, I was stung by a honey bee on my wrist at SAB. I put ice on it immediately and asked the lifeguards if they had anything for it. They had to go inside to get something. I thought they should have a fully supplied med kit right at the pool but they don't.

Keep enjoying your vacation and thanks again for letting us share in your experiences.

Donna

Hi Rosemary,

Thanks again for these reports ... you ARE extending my trip!:cool1:
So sorry to hear about your foot! Your take on the real danger at the pool was VERY funny!:lmao:

I'm glad you had such luck during the MK's EMHs ... we had lightening on our night.

Hope your foot gets better soon!

Dave

Rosemary
I'm sorry to hear about your foot! I hope that you are back up and around and your foot was only hurting for a short while. :wizard:

Hi Rosemary - glad to read your report - we were there for 14 nights and left on July 28th in building 26 - loved the view, many nights spent on the patio watching the ducks in our pond. You're bringing it all back to me!
We did EMH too, best ones were the EMH for the water parks every morning from 8-9 am - we got on everything twice at both water parks before 9 when they let the whole world in with us!!
Enjoy the rest of your trip - I close my eyes and go there every day since we got back!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter