Live From SSR and OKW!!!!

JimFitz

<font color=deeppink>possum chauffeur<br><font col
We were supposed to arrive on Sunday the 16th, but we decided to leave on Wedsenday. Work was slow and the wife and kids were ready, so off we went!!.

We drove from Jersey on Wedsenday night and arrived in Disney on Thursday afternoon. Had a ressie for Sunday the 16th for ten nights in a 2bdrm at SSR and called Member Services on Thursday morning and got a one bedroom at OKW for Thur/Fri/Sat until we checked into SSR.

OKW is awesome!! We were in building 62 and loved the room!!! The view was great and the rooms are huge!!!! OKW is our home resort and we are very happy about that.

Checked into SSR on Sunday and we are staying at the Springs the room is perfect and we are right near the main pool. Artists Palette is terrific and the resort is exceptional. I would never mind staying here again.

Buses - Excellent.

Parks were crowded on Friday. We went to MK and had to fastpass alot. I guess the Jewish holiday and Columbus week was busy.

Did Epcot last night for the Biergarten buffet, and It was excellent!! If you have not tried this, I highly recommend it.

Went to Animal Kingdom this morning and walked onto everything. The kids (3 yr old twins) were fine for "Tough to be a Bug", I was worried they would be terrified. Although they were fine for that show, I nearly fainted on Dinosaur!!! Holy cow that thing is scary.

We just got back from dinner at Chef Mickey's (excellent).

Off to Ohana's tomorrow for breakfast and then MK at the park open.

Any questions, let me know.

Sounds like you're having a blast -- thanks for taking us along!

Thanks for the report! I'm so glad to hear good things about SSR. Seems like we're hearing good things more frequently about SSR, now, whereas just a month or two ago, it seems like every post was a negative (the landscaping, the bus service, the CM's, it isn't BCV etc.).

I've seen a couple of posts with regards to SSR recently that the bus service is good, so it seems like they've improved it.

Hope the rest of your trip is as awesome as it sounds like the first part has been! :sunny:

Did you drive from South Jersey?
We are driving down to the world this Friday, comming from Delaware County, PA. about 10mins from the Delaware boarder.
Are there any big construction projects that we should be prepared for?
Sounds like your having a great time. Your making the rest of my work week feel as long as the Boardwalk hallways!!!!!! :rotfl: :rotfl:

MrsNick said:
Thanks for the report! I'm so glad to hear good things about SSR. Seems like we're hearing good things more frequently about SSR, now, whereas just a month or two ago, it seems like every post was a negative (the landscaping, the bus service, the CM's, it isn't BCV etc.).

I've seen a couple of posts with regards to SSR recently that the bus service is good, so it seems like they've improved it.

Hope the rest of your trip is as awesome as it sounds like the first part has been! :sunny:

I was also worried about all the negative press, but the resort is perfect. Don't worry about the negative reports. The only downside I can think of is the construction when you first come in, but once you are past that, the place is magnificient.

mhannigan said:
Did you drive from South Jersey?
We are driving down to the world this Friday, comming from Delaware County, PA. about 10mins from the Delaware boarder.
Are there any big construction projects that we should be prepared for?
Sounds like your having a great time. Your making the rest of my work week feel as long as the Boardwalk hallways!!!!!! :rotfl: :rotfl:

Drove from Westfield NJ (north middle of the state). We left at 9pm and did not hit traffic at all until right before I-4 in Florida, and that was because of a Jackknifed truck. We drove through the night.

:wave: Hi from Jim's neighbour here at SSR! (actually, I'm in Congress Park)

I'll be posting a very positive review when I get a chance - work is pulling me away a lot this trip, so it will probably be late this week....

Have a wonderful trip!!

BTW, I read your tags and realized you were the "possom guy". That story really freaked me out :earseek: Hopefully you are "opossum-less" this trip. Again, have fun! :Pinkbounc

How wonderful to start your vacation a few days early! I'm so glad to hear you're loving it all so far.

How's the weather?

Enjoy the rest of your trip! :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter