LIVE REPORT! Watch My Hair Frizz In Real Time! Win a Prize!

I'm Canadian too...and I have to tell you, the only time I've ever seen anyone doing anything with an axe...is in Alaska lol. Maybe up North in Canada they probably have lumberjacks too...but I ain't never seen one lol! Great Epcot pics...sorry about the grilled cheese. Nothin' like a good grilled cheese...I watched a youtube video recently actually where they made a grilled cheese with extra cheese grilled on the outside as well as the inside...it was awesome....just in case you were interested...:)

I'm Canadian too...and I have to tell you, the only time I've ever seen anyone doing anything with an axe...is in Alaska lol. Maybe up North in Canada they probably have lumberjacks too...but I ain't never seen one lol!

Then God created the chainsaw.

You sure you're a Canadian Kathy? Hmmmm?!?! Sounds like a Southerner masquerading as a Canadian to me.... :duck:

Monty's got a point there. Toronto's got to have lumberjacks roaming Yonge St. somewhere.

I only saw the Lumberjacks posing with visitors.

I agree with TGM. The Vapor Trail at Sesame Place forces you to sit sideways, while you fight to right yourself the whole time. Agony. At least Test Track sort of "snaps" my back into place.

Laura74 started a new job this week and we got back late Sunday night, so TGM is keeping things moving along >>>

Hopefully, TGM and Laura will meet at the same place. Then we can tell you about the butterknife Druid found in his pants (no, really!).

Here's a teaser...
knife.JPG

I can't wait to tell you guys about what happened that day. Not just the knife, there are many, many other entertaining things that happened that day, the best of which involves Uncle Squid :)

I only saw the Lumberjacks posing with visitors.

I agree with TGM. The Vapor Trail at Sesame Place forces you to sit sideways, while you fight to right yourself the whole time. Agony. At least Test Track sort of "snaps" my back into place.

Laura74 started a new job this week and we got back late Sunday night, so TGM is keeping things moving along >>>

Hopefully, TGM and Laura will meet at the same place. Then we can tell you about the butterknife Druid found in his pants (no, really!).

Here's a teaser...
View attachment 91616

Is that a knife in your pants or are you just happy to be in Disney?

I can't wait to tell you guys about what happened that day. Not just the knife, there are many, many other entertaining things that happened that day, the best of which involves Uncle Squid :)

Looking forward to it.

So I'll tell you about Thursday instead.

Welcome to Wall Disney World
View attachment 91632
Please don't remind me how bad my Photoshop skills are

Don't you hate when the Disney magic is ruined by the "Dream Builders" walls. If you've been to DAK recently, you know what I'm talking about.

On Thursday, (I won't bore you with morning details) we (my mom, Sheena, my dad, Druid, and I) went to Disney's Animal Kingdom. On the way there, I saw construction going on, and I have no idea what it is. Does anybody know?

Mysterious Disney construction

We entered the park through the Rainforest Cafe entrance, because the line at the normal entrance was way too long to wait through. We walked through the Oasis, as it started to drizzle, but not enough to get ponchos out. Our first FP was for FOTLK, at 12:30-12:50. The new theater was very similar to the old theater, but it moved crowds much better. The show was very good.

When the doors opened, we saw rain outside. Heavy rain. Again. In AK. What is it with this park and rain? We headed over to Tamu Tamu Refreshments, where my mom got chicken curry. She tasted it, looked at it, and said,

"That is not chicken"

Slowly, the rain stopped.

I know this is kinda off topic, but I think AK is the park with the best attention to detail. For example, look at this.

Anyway, after after a short not-chicken curry lunch, we headed to Asia, and the Caravan Theater to see Flights of Wonder, with Miles.

After FOW, we went to use our FP for KS, and then to MJT. More photos below.

Captions by me. (I know, it's hard to believe)

Turtle-dinosaur

Prayer flags

Bird

Another bird

Giraffe

Elephant

Flamingoes

Zebra

Our next stop was Dinoland U.S.A., where we used our 3rd FP for Dinosaur. As I was getting on, the CM told me something but I couldn't hear him the first time.

"Put your bag on the hook in front of you"

"What?"

"What?!"

"PUT THE BAG ON THE HOOK!"

"Oh"

(vehicle continues moving, I look at the back of the seat in front of me. No hook.)

It put a smile on my face that the Imagineers know there are people like me out there

I know you can't see it, but the design on the sign is the same as the one on my dad's shirt

The rain was reaching a crescendo, and we were getting hungry, so we headed out.

What we did after that, was in my first post.

Thursday night photo recap!

These shots are hard to take when DWing!

That's it for tonight!

Thanks for those photos TGM!

I missed Animal Kingdom altogether this year. I didn't participate in the 4-park challenge and I've grown to hate riding the buses any more than I have to. I always did enjoy the dinosaur stuff though.

Here's a pick of Monkston on the Safari from four years ago.
perryAnimalK.JPG

And a couple pictures from Sanaa...
perryAnimalK.JPG sanaa.JPG sanaa2.JPG sanaa3.JPG

I may have posted Monkston's pic twice. Struggling with the interface here. And me struggling to contort myself into a selfie. I don't do this much.
selfie.JPG

Hmmm, so if it wasn't chicken, what was it?

If you were in Mexico I'd say iguana (a common substitution). In Florida, I don't know, gator maybe? I've tried that and it kind of tastes like chicken...

So I'll tell you about Thursday instead.

Aunt Laura keeping you in check, is she?

Please don't remind me how bad my Photoshop skills are

I won't if you won't.

Don't you hate when the Disney magic is ruined by the "Dream Builders" walls. If you've been to DAK recently, you know what I'm talking about.

Yes... I know.... :sad2:

On the way there, I saw construction going on, and I have no idea what it is. Does anybody know?

Repository for mis-behaved children.

The new theater was very similar to the old theater, but it moved crowds much better.

Didn't know that.

What is it with this park and rain?

Well, some of it is dedicated to rain forest, so....

my mom got chicken curry. She tasted it, looked at it, and said,

"That is not chicken"

:laughing: The iguana was a bit chewy, was it?

I think AK is the park with the best attention to detail. For example, look at this.

You've got a good eye for details.

Captions by me.

Re-captions by me.

Turtle-dinosaur

Extra large hot dog with legs.

Prayer flags

Beautiful shot. Nice framing.

Yup.

Another bird

Another yup.

Tall not-bird.

Big not-bird.

Flamingoes

Birds.

Striped not-birds.

"What?"

"What?!"

"PUT THE BAG ON THE HOOK!"

"Oh"

(vehicle continues moving, I look at the back of the seat in front of me. No hook.)

:lmao:

It put a smile on my face that the Imagineers know there are people like me out there

::yes::

These shots are hard to take when DWing!

Beautiful capture!

That's it for tonight!

Thanks! :goodvibes

We Lose Four
It was Wednesday morning, and time to visit the quiet pool. We got ready for the quiet pool, and for me that included my iPad, to write on the Disboards. After an hour or so, we left the pool, to get ready for EPCOT. My dad and I walked over, through the International Gateway. We had fastpasses for M:S but we were waiting for everyone else before we went. We did a Agent P Adventure while we waited, in France. During the mission, I got something very rare. Free money in a theme park! It was only a penny, but it was still a penny. But, you could not finish the mission, without giving up your perfectly good penny to a machine. :sad2: After the mission, we continued to walk around WS, toward Mexico. Once we got to Mexico, we rode the second worst attraction designed by Disney Imagineering, Gran Fiesta Tour starring The Three Cabelleros! Thankfully, it was not as loud as last time.

May 20th, 2014

After dinner in Mexico (it was awful, by the way) we went on Gran Fiesta Tour. In front of us, were three people, that obviously lived in Mexico. They were yelling things in Spanish, the whole time. I knew enough Spanish, to know that they were yelling

"It's Donald!"

"Look at that!"

"Long live Mexico!"

Over, and over, and over, and over again. I couldn't wait to get out of the boat.

The present, April 22nd, 2015

After the GFT, we went to M:S, and stopped to see if anybody was ready to go on with us (that we knew). Not yet. So, we went on by ourselves. Once we got into the circular room, where you watch the video in the little, tiny screen, and they give you your job, the guy to my left says

"I should be good this time"

"What do you mean"

"I shouldn't throw up"

"Oh"

"You know, I can't tell the difference between green and orange"

"Why, one spins, and the other doesn't"

"I threw up both times"

"Oh"

Once we got inside, the comedy (I hoped) continued

(We got to the part when you go into hypersleep)

"I feel awake"

(We were at the part when you are on Mars, and you are about to fall off the cliff)

Capcom: Do not move a muscle!

(Guy next to me waves at the screen with both hands)

He was pressing random buttons the whole time.

We texted everybody, to see where they were. Mickey responded,

"We're on our way, near Mexico"

We met them at Mexico, to find out that Uncle Squid, and Monkston were coming, but they were not ready yet. We sat down and waited for them. Eventually Uncle Squid texted and told us to go on without them. So, we got in line.

I had some time, so I looked at the sign up close.

World of Motion!

The garbage cans have the same logo.

Once we got inside, there was an announcement.

"Hello, Test Track is currently down. We will be back up in a moment!"

Or an hour.

Thankfully, it wasn't, and it was working again in about five minutes.

I designed a car, and it was best in efficiency, in the vehicle. (It's important!)

After TT, Wall-E suggested SE, because he wanted to visit the attractions that he hadn't done on this trip (Did I forget to mention they were leaving today? They are leaving today.)

After SE, Wall-E suggested we go on IT. You know the one. The one you have nightmares about. The one with the awful song. It was, Journey into Imagination, with Figment. They had to ruin it with Figment. Why couldn't they keep Dreamfinder. I reluctantly agreed to go on. It was worse than I remembered, but I survived.
After JIIWF, we went to TSWNAF, and then my dad and I left, and said goodbye, for another year, to Mickey, Merida, and Wall-E.

We spent a half hour in the Luna Park pool, before heading off to DHS.

Have you ever seen this? Do you know what it is? I call it The Mysterious Disney Obelisk.

Friendship boat coming. I like this one a lot too.

Anyway, we got into the park, and saw One Man's Dream. The movie was great!

After that, we wandered around, until we realized that all the wait times were too long, so we left.

We headed back to the Boardwalk, and got dresses (we did not change from our bathing suits, from when we went to the pool, to DHS) and went to DD, or DS.

Once we got to DS, we had dinner at Wolfgang Puck: Land of the Confusing Ordering System. We got in line, ordered our food, and drink, got a number, a sign with the number to put on the table, and sat down. Then a waiter came over and gave us our food. We ate, then the waiter came over and asked if we were ready for our check.

Come on Wolfgang. Counter service, or table service. Choose one.

After dinner, we shopped in many different stores, because I had 4 gift cards, and Monkston had a few too. Also, I needed to find something to bring back for my cousins, who I'll call Thing 1 and Thing 2. I had been searching all week, but I finally found something for Thing 2, in the World of Disney store!. WOD never lets me down.

We continued walking around, and stopped to see the Amphicar Launch, at the Boathouse. We looked around more, until my mom, Sheena, saw a jewelry store. Oh no. This might take a while.

We visit a lot of fairs back in NJ, and every time my mom sees a jewelry stall, we must stop everything and look around. Even if it's just complete nonsense.

So, when we were in DS, we all stopped and looked around. We left, but my mom stayed in. We talked about all different things. Disney, Disney Springs transformation, vacation, New Jersey, until I couldn't take it anymore, and convinced her to leave. So she left, and stopped to look at the concrete wall. It's a concrete wall! So, Uncle Squid had the idea, where we stare at a metal pole, and talk about the pole.

"It's so round."

"Yup. And it fits into the ground too!"

"Yeah, but I like that one more. It's shinier!"

So we all walked over and looked at the other pole.

"Wow, this one's nice"

And so on, until, my mom decided that concrete isn't that interesting. We were nearing that time, when we should head back to the Boardwalk, so I pulled out my binder, for a map. It told me there was one by Cirque du Soleil. We started to walk over, until my mom started to have second thoughts about the concrete. Just kidding, the t-shirt size, for Thing 2. So, Aunt Laura74, Uncle Squid, and Monkston headed off to the bus stop without us, while we headed back to WOD. As we headed back, I tried to convince my mom that the shirt sound fit him. It would! So, she gave in, and we walked back to the bus stop. As we were walking, we ran into Aunt Laura74, Uncle Squid, and Monkston (not literally), and they told us that there was no bus stop there.

Outdated maps!

We walked all the way back to the Marketplace, and got on the bus.

I'm sure I'll continue with my backwards TRing tomorrow.

Good night!

Great update!! I haven't been on either side of MS for fear of vomit too....not sure I will try it....but glad you made it out of there! Also you were lucky that TT started up again quickly!! My DD gets bored when I look in the shops too long too...unless of course I'm buying her something...

We did a Agent P Adventure while we waited, in France.

What was your honest opinion of it?
Mine was only so-so. (I did UK)

Free money in a theme park! It was only a penny, but it was still a penny. But, you could not finish the mission, without giving up your perfectly good penny to a machine.

So it was less "free" and more "loaned".
You're lucky you weren't charged interest.

After dinner in Mexico (it was awful, by the way)

Sorry to hear that.
Usually people write that they enjoyed it there.

Over, and over, and over, and over again. I couldn't wait to get out of the boat.

Ugh. It's like being stuck with your very own tour group.

He was pressing random buttons the whole time.

Heh. I'm that guy.

Capcom: Do not move a muscle!

(Guy next to me waves at the screen with both hands)

sorry, but I think that's funny. :laughing:

World of Motion!

Nice catch!

Have you ever seen this? Do you know what it is? I call it The Mysterious Disney Obelisk.

Dead fire hydrant buried in concrete so no firefighter tries to use it?

Friendship boat coming. I like this one a lot too.

Me too! Did you use a tilt-shift lens, in-camera filter, or post-processing?

Come on Wolfgang. Counter service, or table service. Choose one.

:laughing:

So, Uncle Squid had the idea, where we stare at a metal pole, and talk about the pole.

That's funny. I hope some people gave you strange looks.

Outdated maps!

Whoops!

Thanks for the update! :goodvibes

What was your honest opinion of it?

I thought that they did not make the locations easy to find. My favorite pavilion's mission is Norway.

So it was less "free" and more "loaned".
You're lucky you weren't charged interest.

Oh, sorry I forgot to mention that it was a pressed penny machine. (I would show you a picture, but iPhoto does not want to open)

Usually people write that they enjoyed it there.

My mom is reading this over my shoulder, and she wants you to know that the service was horrible, and it is the worst restaurant she had been to, in WDW.

Ugh. It's like being stuck with your very own tour group.

Worse

Dead fire hydrant buried in concrete so no firefighter tries to use it?

The box is made of wood, and painted gray.

Me too! Did you use a tilt-shift lens, in-camera filter, or post-processing?

On my camera, there is an effect called Miniature Effect, and you select a part of the screen that you want in focus, and it blurs the rest of it.

We ate at Wolfgang Puck's and I had half a baked chicken and mashed potatoes. it wasn't bad, but it wasn't much better than ACME's take-home chickens. The cashiers were astonishingly slow. Most of the people on the line behind us walked off. When we walked up to place our order, Sheena told them "this system just isn't working"

They didn't care.

There's a LOT of entertainment going on in Downtown Disney.

Here's a jazz musician guitar guy and another associate behind him who probably demands equal pay (I think they call them "drummers").
guitar1.JPG guitar2.JPG

And Laura74 and Monkston were caught off guard in this pic, so I faded them out a bit... but I wanted to highlight Tour Guide Mike's Satchel (binder?) which made it into this pic.
satchell.JPG

I was walking the dog (while thinking about this?) and concluded that... this should indeed be referred to as "The Satchel That Contains The Binder" of all things Disney.

Ya, that's what I should have called it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter