Location of BWV Standard views

schoen

DIS Veteran
I love the Boardwalk, but the last time we stayed there our room felt like it was a mile away from the lobby. We were in a pool/garden view room at that time.

Does anyone know where the Standard view rooms are located? I am looking to avoid a room so far away from everything again, but I like the points for the standard views.

Hmm.... looks like it could be luck of the draw, we could end up really close or VERY far away from the lobby...

Thanks for the link!

To the end of the standards from the elevator near the lobby is the furthest walk there, a tad longer than down the boardwalk side from the elevator. If you want to appreciate how short the walk actually is, stay at AKV Kidani once and get an end room on the north wing there. You come back to boardwalk after that and you will think you died and gone to heaven because the BWV walk is extremely short in comparison.

To the end of the standards from the elevator near the lobby is the furthest walk there, a tad longer than down the boardwalk side from the elevator. If you want to appreciate how short the walk actually is, stay at AKV Kidani once and get an end room on the north wing there. You come back to boardwalk after that and you will think you died and gone to heaven because the BWV walk is extremely short in comparison.

We did that once too. and it WAS worse than our room at BWV. It literally took me like ten minutes to get to the lobby. For this trip we are looking at a longer stay. I didn't mind the walk for the 1 or 2 nights we stayed last time, but after a few days that would get OLD. We go back and forth to our room a lot when we stay.

I could always request a room near the elevators, right?

You can request room near elevator or just near lobby. Of course, many will tell you that the views are actually much better from rooms that are far from elevator. Also rooms near elevator can have a valet area noise issue since the place where they move luggage in and out and stack it on noisy movable carts is right below rooms near the elevator. In other words there is a trade off if you want to walk less with standard view rooms.

There is a stairway on the end by the pond and parking lot. If you can do steps, they are a quick shortcut to the bus stop and parking. You could even request first floor and have no steps. Standard view can be hard to get less than 7 months.

drusba said:
You can request room near elevator or just near lobby. Of course, many will tell you that the views are actually much better from rooms that are far from elevator. Also rooms near elevator can have a valet area noise issue since the place where they move luggage in and out and stack it on noisy movable carts is right below rooms near the elevator. In other words there is a trade off if you want to walk less with standard view rooms.

The worst "nightmare stories" ive ever read on disboards have been about the standard rooms by the luggage area by the lobby. Be careful with your request!

We just booked 12 nights in a Standard View room at BWV for the end of August. We have never stayed there so I can't give advice about room locations. From what I have read on here though what drusba said seems to be the common thought. Being near the lobby cuts down on your walk, but the only real complaints I have read on here about BWV are people staying near the lobby and the noise from the luggage area. Depends on how much noise bothers you and if you are willing to take the risk of being in a spot that could possibly be quite loud. I have walked the Kidani halls and they are VERY long. Took us 10 minutes too and we walk fairly quickly. I can't imagine being a slow walker and having to do those hallways.

We stayed in a std view 1BR a couple of trips ago. We were near the elevator (no requests but got a close one anyway). We loved it. We would definitely request a villa near the elevator if we stay at BWV again. Our balcony was huge! But definitely no view. The view was a tree. You couldn't even see the front entrance because the tree was right in the sight line. I didn't notice road noise from the entrance unless we had the balcony door(s) open.

I didn't care about having a view so it didn't matter. The number of points I saved by not having a view was all I cared about. The std view rooms are usually even cheaper in points than OKW. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter