London/Paris June 29 - July 6

MJGirl

DIS Veteran
Just wondering if anyone will be joining me on the June 29th London - Paris Adventure? Only 3 months 2 weeks and 5 days to go!!!

Just thought I would bump this closer to the top! 62 days to go ... Looking forward to getting my backpacks soon! :thumbsup2

We're close - but we don't start our tour until (Friday!) July 13 - although we'll be drving around Southern England starting July 9!

Hey, MJ! Just got back last night. What a wonderful tour. You'll have the time of your life. We are really tired but happily so. Let me know if you've got any last minute questions I can help out with. You'll have plenty of "down" time to explore, so have some ideas about places you'd like to go on your off days. (We went to the British Museum, Madame Tussauds, and spent LOTS of time on the Champs Elysses just enjoying being Parisian.)

I'll do a more thorough post on our trip later, but, let me know if you have questions. Don't worry about extra baggage. No one even asks about it. (One of your earlier posts asked about it.) We had one more than the allotted, and I was worried, too. Many families had A LOT more.

More later.

Julie

Thanks Julie ... I can't wait to read your report. I'm glad to hear about the luggage issue. Was your tour full? How many guests were there? I'm not sure about the sites in London, but in Paris, we want to go to Opera Garnier and I 'm thinking about doing a Evening Seine cruise or Moulon Rouge. I also want to check out Mandela Ray!

I'm blogging my trip, so check it out (see the link in my signature). I leave in 12 days!! Take care!

There's not as much down time in London, but we really enjoyed the British Museum. (It's only about a 10 minute walk from our hotel, and we spent about two hours there, seeing only about 1/5 of the museum.) We also did the London Eye on some of our down time, but we weren't overly enthusiastic about it. (If you go, go in the late afternoon when the sun has started to go down or in the evening. The bubbles are poorly airconditioned, and when the sun is shining brightly on them, it's very hot -- uncomfortably so.) But many families thought the London Eye was magnificent, so, go figure. If I had a choice, I would have gone back to Westminster Abbey and spent more time there in London, I think.

Your plans for Paris sound wonderful. The evening Seine cruise would allow you to see the Eiffel Tower in the dark. Going to the Moulon Rouge would put you over in the Sacre Coure area. Many of the people who went there in our group said that it was the highlight of their trip (Sacre Coure).

You'll have a great time. We're still amazed at how much we did. Austin (my son) is eager to work on his trip report today again. Can't wait to see what he says.

Julie

Mom-Sandie
Dad- John
Daughter- Jennie (20)
Niece - Lindsey (18)

Can't wait to meet you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter