Longer term question of the value of DVC

Just my speculation, but I think Reflections will be put on hold and DLH planning will continue. The costs associated with getting approval are not that great, and there is a much bigger demand @ DL.

This.

Reflections will be put on indefinite hold and they will continue moving DLH forward. The approval process will be a breeze now for DLH. The need for job creation looks much more important to people involved in the process than it did when unemployment was under 4%.

Last edited:
A lot of long term DVC members spend a lot less time in the parks overall than someone new to the system might imagine.

Apart from two moonlight magic events, despite yearly trips for Princess since 2016 I haven’t been to a WDW park since 2015. As an extreme example.

I suppose the fear is that Disney stops investing in the parks To the level that is needed. Think about it - they were making money hand over fist over the past 10 years and we got reduced park hours , reduced extra magic hours , Loss of nighttime parade, out of control crowding, and further reductions in food quality. Now that profits will take a ginormous hit which no one could dispute , what should we expect in terms of quality over the years to come ? More cost cutting? Putting a hold on new projects? What will make people coming back? Where will the profits for shareholders come from?

They've already stopped investing in the parks at the level that is truly needed in my opinion, but that's just me. The amount of ride downtime in the last few months shows it.

If they're smart, and I think they are, they realize there is going to be some short-mid term pain, for long term gain here. People spend the money that do at Disney because it's Disney. If it stops being magical due to cost cutting and quality declines, eventually (and this is a long term thing), people will stop going as much.

I know I spend the vacation dollars there because it is the way it is. I live in San Antonio, I can get super platinum elite annual passes to both SeaWorld and SixFlags for like 1/3 of the cost of Disney trip. The quality isn't the same though.

I cant seem them not delaying Reflections, but its all based on DRR sales. The opening date of that is very tightly coupled to when they see DRR selling out. -something I am sure they will reevaluate throughout this year.
Reflections will be ready to go just as DRR is crossing the 90% sold threshold, give or take.
I agree and think they will be just fine with DRR selling out and them not having another resort ready to sell. That doesn't cost them any money and worst-case scenario they can downsize their DVC sales force. The flip side, having too many resorts and nobody to buy them could be catastrophic.

By the way, speaking of expenses...I wouldn't be surprised to see Moonlight Magic events cancelled for this year and not brought back next year. Time to start tightening that belt!

I would agree that Reflections will be put on hold.
With the pent up demand, I can't imagine the DLR tower not going ahead. I suspect that will sell out at a near record pace.

With the pent up demand, I can't imagine the DLR tower not going ahead. I suspect that will sell out at a near record pace.
Agree with this. And getting the Disneyland Tower sold with the Riviera-style resale restrictions in place will allow them to further cement that as the default position going forward.

OTOH the DLR hasn't received a permit yet from the Anaheim city council. Construction of Reflections is well underway. Even given the demand for a DLR DVC resort, I suspect both of these projects will be put on pause.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter