Look out world here I come.. training for the 09 Marathon

Razor Roman

<font color=blue>Make Roger Rabbit 2! <font color=
As I mentioned in another thread - I am going to try to run the WDW Marathon in Jan 09, as it is the same week as my 30th birthday.

I have never been in great shape, and right now is no exception. I have never been able to run a mile, let alone a half-marathon or marathon.

I began training last night, "running" my first mile... ok quickly walking with some bits of jogging in between would be a better description... I would have done better if my shorts still had their drawstring and weren't falling down the whole time!!! :rotfl:

I also weighed back in.... 292. Pretty much where I have been for the past 11 months... I got down to about 280 for my wedding and put it all back on :(

I have basically come up with a regimen where I "run" 4 times a week, and once I get in to that, I am going to get back to using my bowflex on my off days.

Hopefully I will be able to get down to my mini-goal of 280 before it is Holiday time... then I would like to make it my goal to enter 2008 without putting any weight back on! :rotfl2:

Anyway.. that's day one for me.

Welcome to WISH! We are so glad that you are here! :wave:

Your goal of running the Disney Marathon in '09 sounds like a good one! That's a great way to celebrate your 30th birthday! :cool1: Just remember to ease into the workouts so that you don't get too sore. :goodvibes

You are on the right track to accomplish all of your goals! Keep up the good work! :cheer2:

Have a good day,
Tracy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter