Looking for a Trans-friendly TA for DisneyLAND newbies.

You don't really need a TA for Disneyland. It's a super easy place to visit and plan yourself. We can help here!
Do you have advice on the best place to stay for a family used to the "bubble" in disneyworld? I think we'll need two rooms.

Do you have advice on the best place to stay for a family used to the "bubble" in disneyworld? I think we'll need two rooms.
I don't have a TA recommendation, but Disneyland just doesn't have the same overarching bubble of services that WDW has.

But there are 3 Disney operated hotels, Grand Californian, which has its own entrance to California Adventure, Disneyland Hotel and Pixar Place. Pixar will be the farthest location from the parks, but all are in walking distance. Many years ago there were Trams from the Disneyland Hotel to the Disneyland front gate, but that was when you had to cross a busy public street or take the Monorail. Now it is a walking path over a bridge wich overpassed the street and opens onto DownTown Disney. Disneyland is much more compact than WDW, but that doesn't mean fewer rides or shorter rides, many of the rides have an underground component not available to WDW because of the high water table.

Many folks here complain that the Disneyland Staff isn't as friendly as Walt Disney World. In reality, these are just cultural differences between coasts. Having grown up in California, people there are just not naturally as "chatty" like the East coast. And they naturally seem to talk faster. When I first moved to Texas, waiting for people to finish a sentence was agonizing.

Depending upon the length of your trip, you may want to rent a car to see what California has to offer, the beaches, the mountains, and other Theme Parks, like Knott's Berry Farm, Universal, that I assume still has a REAL backot tram tour, Six Flags Magic Mountain, if you like coaster, and San Diego's Sea World, which is lovely...though Orlando's Sea World is very nice, too. Especially compared to the San Antonio verion.

The nearest airposts are Orangle County/John Wayne and Long Beach. Long Beach is farther from the park, but a much smaller and, IMO, more user friendly airport. But Orange County is very nice, too.

Prior to COVID there were privately operated shuttles from Orange County/John Wayne to Disney, that you could pre-purchase seats on, much like Mears...but I think they've been discoontinued.

You will enjoy Disneyland, it is smaller in size and walking distance, with rides closer together, and again some ride tracks underground. I haven't been to California Adventure since 2001, and the park has been through a couple major updates and refurbishments since then.

Last edited:

As DL doesn't exactly have a bubble. What is it you value most about the bubble in WDW?

With DL there are plenty of great hotels across the street, within walking distance and often cheaper.

I personally do not like spending money on (Disney) hotels, as I am in the park all day. I prefer a cheaper hotel and use the difference on an experience, like nice dinner, a tour, etc.

What is it you are looking for? For example:
- Is a pool important?
- Is a large hotel room important?
- Are Disney touches / nice room decor important?
- Do you want to be able to go back to the room for breaks?
- Do you want a kitchenette?

Google maps and online reviews should help you pick a hotel! Like others have said, you can pick one of the Disney ones, or one within walking Disney. Both times I have been to DL, I was there for work and stayed at the Marriott convention hotel. Right around there is the farthest away I would stay. Lots of choices closer!

If you aren’t renting a car, just fly into Orange County. If it’s a trip to see more of Southern CA, maybe a different airport makes sense, but if it’s really just a Disney trip, I’ve always found flights to be reasonably comparatively to Orange County, if not cheaper than LAX, for example.

Beyond that, do remember you are talking about a state that is trans friendly. Sure, there may be pockets here and there that aren’t, but DL is!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter