Looking for long flight activites/help...

Snow Brite

<font color=green>Star bright, Snow Brite...no wai
I thought I would ask over here on the UK board as I am sure you all have lots of good ideas for this. We are coming from Alaska to WDW and the flight is 12 hours with 2 layovers. I have a DD age 7 and a DS age 5. They both have Gameboys, but 12 hours is too ong for that alone.

Any ideas, things that have worked before, etc?

Thanks for ANY help! This is the part I am looking forward to the least!

Jennifer

Hello Jennifer

What to take to keep your kids amused?
A friend of mine took a present to open for every hour on the flight. Nothing big but, things like: a small packet of crayons and a colouring book.She also packed lots of snacks some junk some good food. Of course you can also play hangman and I spy.

:wave:

........ know how you feel Jennifer!
Yes, the small gifts are a great idea - perhaps you could theme them on WDW - colouring books from the Disney Store etc. Take a pack of cards for some simple card games, play I-spy and ask them to count how many times they see a certain colour e.g. choose red and they have to look at people as they go up and down the cabin, spotting the colour and adding up the number of times they see it, then change onto a different colour.
Another game - how many words can they think of beginning with a certain letter - you could theme this on Disney - go through all the letters in Mickey or other fave characters.
I used to buy my sons some magazines/comics/picture books and not let them know about them until we were airborne and then hand them out - these could be part of your once-an-hour gifts.

How restricted are you as to what you can take on the plane with all the new security measures?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter