Lost my tag - forever?

CarolynFH

DIS Veteran
Years ago the Tag Fairy tagged me, and my tag has sentimental value to me and my daughter. Now, after the software change, half of it is gone! :sad:

Any way to get it back?

Well, I can't figure out how to subscribe to this thread without posting so here I am...

It sucks that we may have lost our tags for good. They were really special.

Subscribe is now called "Watch Thread" and it's located at the top of the thread, above the first post, to the right.

I've lost most of my Tag Fairy tag. However, I did find the post that resulted in mine. That search was much easier than before.

Some of us have put our old tags into our signatures. Apparently they're still visible to the moderators, so asking very nicely might help if you can't remember them. I'd love to change what shows below my avatar, but I won't until all hope is gone because I don't want to take chances.

Subscribe is now called "Watch Thread" and it's located at the top of the thread, above the first post, to the right.

You right. DUH. :blush:

I'd love to change what shows below my avatar, but I won't until all hope is gone because I don't want to take chances.

Me too!! I remember someone quite awhile back lost their tag because they did 'something' by accident to delete it and that was that. Poof! Gone. I will never take that chance! Unless, like you say, all hope is lost. To be honest though, I would have been more devastated if I had lost my signature. It's the ONLY place that I record my trips. When I book one, I add it to my signature. If I end up not taking it, I delete it. But I love seeing at a glance the whens and wheres. My memory is so bad I could NEVER recall the info on my own.

Some of us have put our old tags into our signatures. Apparently they're still visible to the moderators, so asking very nicely might help if you can't remember them. I'd love to change what shows below my avatar, but I won't until all hope is gone because I don't want to take chances.
Me too!! I remember someone quite awhile back lost their tag because they did 'something' by accident to delete it and that was that. Poof! Gone. I will never take that chance! Unless, like you say, all hope is lost. To be honest though, I would have been more devastated if I had lost my signature. It's the ONLY place that I record my trips. When I book one, I add it to my signature. If I end up not taking it, I delete it. But I love seeing at a glance the whens and wheres. My memory is so bad I could NEVER recall the info on my own.
I'm sorry to say that according to WebmasterCorey, all hope is gone. Here's his post about it. They're looking at some other way for the tag fairy to tag us, but you might as well clean up your Custom Title, because it won't be there. The information is truncated and gone. They aren't "still visible to the moderators". Some people still have access to the old site, and they can get them from there until it's gone.

http://www.disboards.com/threads/custom-user-titles-why-am-i-seeing-html-code.3376277/

Sad to lose my tag, but I'm sure they'll figure out something else for us.

Sayhello

Last edited:
I suspect the new Custom Title field is not long enough to contain all the cute and colourful tags that people used to have, so we'll just have to manually edit whatever portion of them will fit into the new Title line.

I say 'we' in general terms by the way, for I was never fortunate enough to have been graced by a visit from the tag fairy. :sad:

Andre

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter