Lot of rides closed off-and-on today at MK. Fluke? Or has this been a regular thing?

BluesTravlr00

Mouseketeer
Went to MK today for the first time in about 5 years. Great to be back. But a LOT of rides went down for maintenance at different points. Splash Mountain was down almost all morning. Space Mountain quite a bit in the afternoon. TTA had a couple stops. A couple of others as well. Has this been a regular thing? Or did we just get unlucky?

Doing Epcot tomorrow--should we anticipate any issues?

Went to MK today for the first time in about 5 years. Great to be back. But a LOT of rides went down for maintenance at different points. Splash Mountain was down almost all morning. Space Mountain quite a bit in the afternoon. TTA had a couple stops. A couple of others as well. Has this been a regular thing? Or did we just get unlucky?

Doing Epcot tomorrow--should we anticipate any issues?
In addition to the rides you listed, Pirates and Small World have also had stoppages. It’s seems to be occurring far too often.

Not any recent reports for Epcot... so your day there should hopefully be more fun. :)

When we went last year Pirates, Splash and 7DMT were all down at the same time. 7DMT was just 15 min (we were in the FP line), PotC was maybe an hour, and Splash was a few hours and it had been down most of the day before. The CM we were talking to in the 7DMT line said that Splash and PotC were going down daily at the time. Hopefully it’s better now, today notwithstanding.

Yeah, Disney seems to be refurbishing their rides regularly, but the attractions just get more wear and tear all year long because there are more people in the parks. Unfortunately, ride breakdowns only increase wait times elsewhere. It's a Catch 22 because then those rides get a lot more wear and tear. Not sure if there is any solution, except for Disney to keep building more capacity. Or stop doing whatever they can to stuff the parks full all year long? Yeah, that's bloody likely :rolleyes:

I will say that ride breakdowns was not a huge issue during our trip in late October -- TOT was the only ride that consistently had problems. I guess there is some luck involved.

Wow, we lucked out, no ride breakdowns when we were there at the beginning of the month. Hopefully the rest of your park days are more successful.

Now I'm nervous. Last 2 trips to Disney (WDW in 20013 and DL in 2011) had Splash Mountain closed for maintenance. THIS year is the year my kids get to ride Splash Mountain. Fingers crossed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter