• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Lots of Availability

Does anyone have experience with these ghost rooms? Rooms that are showing up as available in search results, but they're light blue as if they're unavailable, and if you click on the date before clicking continue they switch to waitlist? I'm amazed by the amount of availability in September if these ghost rooms are actually bookable rooms.

I noticed a lot of them for September, at places that typically wouldn't have availability. I'm concerned with actually booking them since it is within 30 days.

Just a follow-up question to this thread: is it a busy time to go in January or February (barring marathons, etc)? It seems sparse every time I look. For instance, every resort is showing me a day or two, but often they are not consecutive days.

Just looking for a long weekend. Maybe it's because it's a weekend?

Not sure if I have found a bug but for the last 2 weeks I have been walking a reservation each day through July into August, when I went on today, I was able to add almost a week on until August 3rd in the 1 bedroom AKV Value

Almost got my whole trip as I planned now so really happy

If today is the 27th, then wouldn’t check out on August 3rd make sense. That’s 7 nights.

Not understand

Yeah, I guess there wasn't anyone else walking a reservation in front of me as I was able to add the 7 nights.

Tried so many times before bang on 8am for nothing then I got it today at 9:30am

Just a follow-up question to this thread: is it a busy time to go in January or February (barring marathons, etc)? It seems sparse every time I look. For instance, every resort is showing me a day or two, but often they are not consecutive days.

Just looking for a long weekend. Maybe it's because it's a weekend?
There is Martin Luther King Day and Presidents' Day, but more importantly, it's only 5-6 months away and people have points to burn.

Does anyone have experience with these ghost rooms? Rooms that are showing up as available in search results, but they're light blue as if they're unavailable, and if you click on the date before clicking continue they switch to waitlist? I'm amazed by the amount of availability in September if these ghost rooms are actually bookable rooms.
Yesterday I noticed a BCV HA studio room for Next Monday that I switched to even though it was light blue. Today I did check in, and everything seems fine. I never had “waitlist “ come up as an option. I was using Modify from an OKW HA room.

I added a night to a current reservation that had them all grey but it said your night was available. The room was showing as available even after I booked it for a few hours, I checked a few times after I booked it and it was still grey but said it was available. First time I ever saw this.

Does MS update the system frequently? Every time I log in after a few minutes I get an error message that they are "working on it." Or do they refresh at certain times of the day?

If you have a waitlist, I would call. I called tonight to combine some individual nights into a common reservation tonight and a waitlist "magically was filled" at BWV. The RAT still showed no availability, but MS saw the night I wanted and the next 3 nights even. I think the availability from all cancellations is just not making it to the RAT.

I want to sincerely thank you for posting this. I called to have them combine my SSR reservations from 10/31 -11/3 and 11/3 1 BRM Standard. She saw that I had a a 1 BRM Pref on 11/4 and a waitlist for a 1 BRM Pref for the 5th. I said I was just taking whatever opened up and was waiting for a room for Friday the 5th. She said a 1 BRM pref had just opened up and would I like to book and combine the 4-6th and then waitlist the 4-6th in a 1 BRM standard to be in the same room the whole time.? I got all 6 nights I needed & if I have to change to a Pref room I'm ok with it.

I've been logging on several times a day at different times and get errors sometimes, but the days are not popping up. I called at 12:30pm from work thinking it would be a 2 hour wait and there was no wait at all. I'm glad to have read your post last night. So a big THANKS!

Does anyone know if something is going on Friday, Sept 17? Or maybe that weekend? There is zero studio availability (and no cash rooms available via the WDW website) and while I realize for DVC that's not uncommon this close, but for the rest of September there has been a ton of availability as people cancel?

Does anyone know if something is going on Friday, Sept 17? Or maybe that weekend? There is zero studio availability (and no cash rooms available via the WDW website) and while I realize for DVC that's not uncommon this close, but for the rest of September there has been a ton of availability as people cancel?

There's a Boo Bash After Hours event that night and it's a Friday. Maybe a lot of locals just decided to stay on site that night? Renting is a popular way to get a discount off Disney's cash prices and there are a lot of points out there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter