• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Lots of questions. 1st Disney cruise since 2009

On questions 1-2, the Wonder is the only ship that does not yet have upgraded internet. The belief is that the Wonder will get the upgraded internet during a drydock this fall. Assuming that happens, you can but an internet subscription and enable wifi calling on your phone to be able to place and receive calls over the internet. Prices are below—I did ok with basic surf but it was a but slow and spotty at times.

Basic Surf Package

• $24/day when purchased for the full voyage
  • $28/day when purchased for 24 hours
Premium Surf Package

• $34/day when purchased for the full voyage
  • $42/day when purchased for 24 hours
Thank you!

If you request a Private Table, does it apply to your stateroom guests only? Or does it include any linked reservations? My family of two is travelling with my two parents-in-law. Our reservations are linked, but I don't want to request a private table and end up just having the four of us instead of all six. Thanks!
Did you ever get an answer to this? For the first time we have our daughter in her own cabin, so we have two reservations. I'm not sure how to do this. I did request the private table for ourselves but not sure if I should do that on hers also.

Did you ever get an answer to this? For the first time we have our daughter in her own cabin, so we have two reservations. I'm not sure how to do this. I did request the private table for ourselves but not sure if I should do that on hers also.
We requested a private table with 2 rooms linked and didn't do anything extra to make sure they were together. That being said, I do check that we are in alignment when we get on the ship due to an error from 2022, when we had 4 rooms linked and only 2 ended up together. We got it fixed pretty quickly, but I do always double check now.

1. Phone calls to home and internet: we need to have our cell phones working and internet access in case of any emergency. Is it better/cheaper to book internet packages through Disney or through AT&t as that is our carrier?
2. Will we have access or will there be times our phones do not work on either service, Disney or AT&T?

We’ve not ever experienced Disney cruise adult options, meaning bars, night clubs or anything else offered. We’ve only experienced palo before. Our son was young when we did our Disney cruises so we did all the kid and family stuff only. So we are looking forward to experiencing Disney cruise as all of us being adults. Is there any other tips you can share with me that might be something that has changed since 2009?
I am well-versed in AT&T and Disney cruises. I receive texts all the time while cruising from my husband and other non-AT&T users. I also sign up for the AT&T cruise package and once the international package each for the month. I could talk, but figure I’m gonna save that if an emergency happened, which one did. My father ended up going into the sick Bay dehydrated and needed an IV. Call AT&T tell them where you’re going and know that it works exceptionally well.
As for taking your young adults, my daughter who is now 24 enjoys her cruises since 2011. She enjoyed the adult areas like the pool and Cove Café. I would recommend that you take late dining because this way you go right from dinner to the adult activities. Otherwise there’s just an hour or two of downtime between early dinner and adult activities. It’s nice to have a later breakfast and a later lunch it leaves a nice flow for the day. We use the early dining once and my parents always went to bed instead of going to the adult entertainment because they were too tired but they were in their 70s then so…

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter