• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Love those 80's!

Those thighs make me think of Bill Cosby and chocolate pudding!!! But not in a "Yummy, I want some" way!!!

Those thighs make me think of Bill Cosby and chocolate pudding!!! But not in a "Yummy, I want some" way!!!

Hey!!! What's wrong with those thighs????? Mine look like the vanilla pudding variety of those!!! Are you saying I have ick-y thighs???? (Well, if you don't, you are truly one sick puppy!!!)

Triumph1.jpg

Im young
And Im wild
And Im free
I got the magic power
Of the music in me

Anyone remember these victorious guys?

Triumph

PricessK...you really ARE 80s ROYALTY!!!! Triumph was a group I hadnt thought of in many years....they popped in my head last night because my daughter had it as a spelling word!!! She asked what "TREE-OOMP" meant!!!

I dont have a single song from them and am hopin to beable to download some today.

I tend to lean more toward compilations, so this song is on my Ipod from a CD I had called Pure 80's Rock. It also has Aldo Nova, Night Ranger, Judas Priest, Kiss, Ratt, Y&T (I love Summertime Girls!), Kingdom Come, Cinderella, Whitesnake, Poison, L.A Guns, Triumph, Rainbow, Golden Earring, Autograph, Billy Squier, Scorpions and Foreigner. Between this and my "Like Omigod! 80's Pop Culture" box set, I have a very wide variety of songs and artists. Some of the songs on OMG, are absolutely hysterical -- You Look Mahvelous (by Billy Crystal), Pac Man Fever (by Buckner and Garcia), the Empire Strikes Back (Medley by Meco), and General Hospi-Tale (by Afternoon Delights), which are all probably not well known, but a great blast from the past which really show what Pop Culture was like in the 80's.

I really, really suck at music trivia. I'm the type who knows the songs but doesn't know who sings them. I have to give credit to Sirius though as they give you the artist, title and year of the songs they play so I finally learn who sings the songs.

Back to 80's TV trivia. Who's best friend was Vincent Delpino?

I really, really suck at music trivia. I'm the type who knows the songs but doesn't know who sings them. I have to give credit to Sirius though as they give you the artist, title and year of the songs they play so I finally learn who sings the songs.

Back to 80's TV trivia. Who's best friend was Vincent Delpino?

Doogie Howser

Doogie Howser

Ding, ding, ding. Doogie Howser is correct. Now I'm going to make it real tough. This was an Australian series (1979-1988) shown in the US, usually very late at night. I don't why but every time I watched it it held me captive. If you know this one then you truly didn't have a life in the 80's.

Cool! I guess I had a life because absolutely NOTHING comes to mind. Actually, the first thing that came to mind was Don Kirschner's Rock Concert, but I'm sure that can't be correct.

Im completely stumped on this one....I cheated and looked it up...and didnt recognize a single thing about the show..sounds like it would have been somewhat entertaining though. Sorry I missed out on it. Way to dig back deep in the archives, Chris!!!

So its still unanswered!!!

I did go deep for this one. Since there are no other guesses, it's Prisoner: Cell BLock H. They even have their own official type fan website here. Ah, the memories. Like I said, I don't know why I liked it but I did. Strange for a seemingly normal, male teenager. Maybe it had something to do with it being set in a women's prison. Hmmm...

Anyone else have any TV trivia?

I did go deep for this one. Since there are no other guesses, it's Prisoner: Cell BLock H. They even have their own official type fan website here. Ah, the memories. Like I said, I don't know why I liked it but I did. Strange for a seemingly normal, male teenager. Maybe it had something to do with it being set in a women's prison. Hmmm...

Anyone else have any TV trivia?

Holy crap! I did see that show! I think this might have also been a movie. My DH (then boyfriend) and another couple used to go to one of the few remaining drive-ins in the 80's. One week the girls would pick the movie, the next the guys. They picked this (or a very similar movie). We were not happy. :lmao:

Here's a new twist on the subject:

What were you driving in 1985? I bought a new Pontiac Sunbird in '84. I had my first real, full-time job. Thought I was way too cool for the world. (And I was, too! :thumbsup2 )

My first car, purchased by my mom for me in December of 1983, was a 1970 Plymouth Fury. She fell for the little old lady, first owner crap. I had to point out to her that the roof still had the bolts in it from the TAXI sign.

The things I loved about my car:

It was white with forest green interior. It was roughly the size of a football field and the white (actually dingy gray by that point) made it look twice as big.

The car would not pass inspection because of the muffler, so the mechanic drank a beer for lunch and soldered it around the hole in the muffler. It passed inspection!

I fixed the many holes in the leather with green electrical tape.

The first time I wore heels in that car, I put my heel through the floor! :lmao:

The driver's side seat was stuck in a permanent recline position, so I drove around with a pillow behind my back.

The defroster did not work in the front or back, so I had friends who I would make drive around with me and wipe the windows.

The trunk could be opened with a fingernail.

Forgot to mention -- it was a 4 door!

The car was a Christmas '83/Graduation '84 present. On graduation night (actually the next morning) the power steering went after I had been out with friends since 8 p.m. the night before. I had a carload of drunks who were helping me steer from the backseat! :lmao: (I was NOT drunk because I knew I had to drive).

For all it's faults, I installed a kickin' stereo and speakers and you could hear Van Halen blasting from a mile away.

Bet nobody can beat my car! :woohoo:

What were you driving in 1985? I bought a new Pontiac Sunbird in '84. I had my first real, full-time job. Thought I was way too cool for the world. (And I was, too! :thumbsup2 )

OMG, I had an '86 Sunbird TURBO! It was the only automatic I have ever owned. My parents made me learn to drive on stick shift and they make me have an automatic...pure torture...

will I get kicked off my own thread if i say I was in 5th or 6th grade in 1985? :rolleyes1

I was riding a rockin' 12-speed in 1985! :rotfl: That bike got me everywhere I wanted to go. Sometimes it's nice to live in a small college town. :rolleyes:

When I got my license a couple of years later, though, I inherited my dad's Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme. I loved that car! :car: The only problem was that it was a 2-door. I got a brand new Honda Civic for graduation in 1989 and drove it until the wheels fell off (literally :scared1: ). All I ever wanted (and still want) was a convertible Kharman Ghia. ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter