Loved RPR. Loved Club Lounge. Loved our week of fun!

twinkletoe

Earning My Ears
We just returned last night from our week at the Royal Pacific Resort and I don't think I can praise this resort enough. The décor is gorgeous, the service is impeccable and it has a lovely atmosphere that makes you sigh in contentment!

The Club Lounge really made our trip that much more special. I traveled with my husband and two teens. Having an extra place to go was helpful when the teens were sleeping in or we were taking turns getting ready. The staff in the lounge took excellent care of us: Andy, Dyshawn and Jordan were especially gracious. The food was very good. Often we didn't need to go out for supper because the lounge offerings were so plentiful. One night there were pulled pork sandwiches and they were delicious! My husband and I enjoyed our 'Relaxation Refreshments' every day.

We loved the pool. There was always something going on. Sometimes there were contests, or snowcones, or a server would bring smoothie samples or frozen grapes. It was touches like this that really impressed us.

The walk to City Walk and the parks was the perfect distance. We only took the water taxi twice because we enjoyed the walk so much.

We ate at Jake's four times! The first time, we just popped in for a snack and beverages. Our kids were instantly hooked on the pretzel rods and I loved the crawfish chowder. The manager, Elijah, came over to make sure we were being well looked after and we assured him we were. He invited us to drop by the next night for snacks and a 'treat'. He 'treated' us very well and Jake's ended up being a highlight of the trip for us.

The Express Pass machine wasn't working for the duration of our trip so our room keys were sufficient to use the Express Pass lines on the attractions. We made very good use of Early Entry and the Express Pass lines. We sometimes did Men in Black three times in a half-hour! We are a little competitive...
We did mini-golf and it was really fun. What a well-kept course! We did the Sci-fi side this time because we did the Haunted side when we had our first visit to Universal two years ago.

Speaking of our first visit, we stayed at the Hard Rock Hotel (Club Level) that time and loved it but our new favourite is the Royal Pacific Resort!

We used Tony Hinds driving service to transport us back and forth from the airport. We had no problems whatsoever with pick up or drop off. Our drivers were excellent and I have already booked for our cruise from Port Canaveral next March.

We spent one morning at Volcano Bay. We caught the shuttle bus at RPR and we took advantage of Early Entry. I highly recommend doing this. We got on all the 'big ticket' rides and got an excellent spot to set up camp. We wanted to spend the afternoon at the RPR pool so we left Volcano Bay around lunchtime and walked through Cabana Bay. We wanted to check it out and we decided to have lunch at their Bayliner Diner. It has a multitude of choices at reasonable prices. After our lunch, we walked across the road to Sapphire Falls, cut through their lobby and were back at Royal Pacific in no time. If we had known how easy it was to walk over to Volcano Bay we wouldn't have taken the bus in the morning.

It was a great trip and we made some great family memories together. Time to start planning the next getaway!

We were at Volcano Bay in line waiting to get in at 7:20. They opened up at 7:30. There were quite a lot of people already in line before us but we had no problem getting on everything we wanted right away. It was noticeably busier when regular opening occurred at 9:00.

We just returned last night from our week at the Royal Pacific Resort and I don't think I can praise this resort enough. The décor is gorgeous, the service is impeccable and it has a lovely atmosphere that makes you sigh in contentment!

The Club Lounge really made our trip that much more special. I traveled with my husband and two teens. Having an extra place to go was helpful when the teens were sleeping in or we were taking turns getting ready. The staff in the lounge took excellent care of us: Andy, Dyshawn and Jordan were especially gracious. The food was very good. Often we didn't need to go out for supper because the lounge offerings were so plentiful. One night there were pulled pork sandwiches and they were delicious! My husband and I enjoyed our 'Relaxation Refreshments' every day.

We loved the pool. There was always something going on. Sometimes there were contests, or snowcones, or a server would bring smoothie samples or frozen grapes. It was touches like this that really impressed us.

The walk to City Walk and the parks was the perfect distance. We only took the water taxi twice because we enjoyed the walk so much.

We ate at Jake's four times! The first time, we just popped in for a snack and beverages. Our kids were instantly hooked on the pretzel rods and I loved the crawfish chowder. The manager, Elijah, came over to make sure we were being well looked after and we assured him we were. He invited us to drop by the next night for snacks and a 'treat'. He 'treated' us very well and Jake's ended up being a highlight of the trip for us.

The Express Pass machine wasn't working for the duration of our trip so our room keys were sufficient to use the Express Pass lines on the attractions. We made very good use of Early Entry and the Express Pass lines. We sometimes did Men in Black three times in a half-hour! We are a little competitive...
We did mini-golf and it was really fun. What a well-kept course! We did the Sci-fi side this time because we did the Haunted side when we had our first visit to Universal two years ago.

Speaking of our first visit, we stayed at the Hard Rock Hotel (Club Level) that time and loved it but our new favourite is the Royal Pacific Resort!

We used Tony Hinds driving service to transport us back and forth from the airport. We had no problems whatsoever with pick up or drop off. Our drivers were excellent and I have already booked for our cruise from Port Canaveral next March.

We spent one morning at Volcano Bay. We caught the shuttle bus at RPR and we took advantage of Early Entry. I highly recommend doing this. We got on all the 'big ticket' rides and got an excellent spot to set up camp. We wanted to spend the afternoon at the RPR pool so we left Volcano Bay around lunchtime and walked through Cabana Bay. We wanted to check it out and we decided to have lunch at their Bayliner Diner. It has a multitude of choices at reasonable prices. After our lunch, we walked across the road to Sapphire Falls, cut through their lobby and were back at Royal Pacific in no time. If we had known how easy it was to walk over to Volcano Bay we wouldn't have taken the bus in the morning.

It was a great trip and we made some great family memories together. Time to start planning the next getaway!

Lovely little report!

Glad to hear you enjoyed your time at RPR.......nice to hear so many positives on your time there........and yes, Club Lounge staff are just wonderful.

Thanks for the review........

Thanks for the report! We are staying at RPR club level in December and looking forward to it. My husband and youngest daughter will likely hang out in the lounge while our oldest daughter and I get ready. It will be great having that extra space to utilize.

Thanks for sharing! I just made a last minute plan to go to Universal this weekend and had to splurge for the RPR club level to get a room (it wasn't a bad deal). It is good to get such great feedback. Thanks again!

I'm looking forward to my stay at RPR in 10 days, wish I could afford club level, but going solo, it's just not feasible.

I am probably going to try the mini golf, it looks like fun :)

Couldn't you get your express passes at another hotel or do you have to pick them up at the one you're staying at?

I read the hotel card is now being used for the ep lines

No more hotel photo is cars being used

Interesting.. that means that someone could give their hotel card to someone else and no one would be the wiser.... I don't like that.

That was one of the reasons the system changed to the hotel photo ID card

Guests that were leaving the hotel were selling or giving their hotel key card to others or sellers

At one time the hotel cards automatically had expiration dates on them
Mine had 2 weeks additional, passed my check out date, when I left

@macraven wait.. now I am confused... the hotel card ISN'T the door key? What will I get when I check in? Does something have a picture?

The hotel card is for your room and ep line and early entry to the park on designated days

It can be used to charge back ( parks merchant- food, etc) if you have a cc and agreed to it when you checked in

No picture ID cards done now at the hotel

I was there the same time! We were two adults (no kids). I agree Joanna, Jordan, Deshwan and Atty were fantastic.

Yes they could but on my last day (8/30) there is a new policy I noticed.

On the Spider-Man queue I saw a notice saying that there will be implementing a photo picture as the express key is getting scanned. Through the express line at the scanning section there was a camera with the photos showing up on screen as they scanned the hotel card. I only saw it at Spider Man though .

Is that based on the eye recognition test they were doing over at cat in the hat early this year for express lines ?
Don't know. I haven't been in a few years to UO. The last time I stayed onsite the room key was used for express pass.

The system recently changed from photo Id hotel paper card back to hotel card for ep lines in the park

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts