Lunch vs Dinner Hour

dar1235

Earning My Ears
I've been reading the forums for over a month now, and love the great advice you all give. This is my first post. I'm planning our first trip to Disney - in mid-October. It will be a total of 9, our family of 6 (me, husband, sons 5,9, daughters 9,13), my parents, and sister.
Our plan is to eat a good breakfast, pack everyone their own sandwhich/snack to carry in their own waist pack. We hope to only eat one big meal at the park. We are looking at...
MGM - Hollywood & Vine
Disney - Liberty Tavern
Epcot - Garden Grill

Questions:

1. Will it be cheaper for lunch vs. dinner?
2. If so, when is the time cutoff between lunch and dinner hour?
3. If we go at an off time (like 3:00), would character meals still be good? Will all-you-can eat buffets be picked over?
4. I think I'm behind the eight ball in terms of PS. I'd like to make them for Oct 21-23. Are PS needed mid-Oct at off hours??
5. Does this plan seem like it will work?

Thanks so much for all your advice.

Lunch is definetly cheaper. But some of the restaurants don't do character lunches. We just back last week and found eating at 3:00 worked out great. We did character dinner at Crystal Palace for DD 13th Birthday and at 1900 Park fare- both were very good.

Just remember that Food & Wine will be going on during your say at Epcot. We seldom bother eating an actual 'meal' during this time. We prefer eating our way around the world......to the right if you like Russia, Canada, New Zealand, France, Southeast Asia, etc.......to the left for Greece, Mexico, Ireland, Florida, and I forget what else.

We usually plan 2 days for Food & Wine cause we're always full by the time we hit the USA ::yes::

Regarding the food and wine festival. Will there be foods to try everyday through Oct ? I saw there were some expensive looking specialty meals/events, but how much is there for the common tourist walking around? When you eat your way around the world, are the snacks offered free of charge, or is it buy as you go?

Will food and wine events cause much of a change in the attendance at Epcot?

Thanks again,

Libertytree Tavern at lunch is a regular meal, and dinner is a family style character meal. We usually do a later lunch, around 1:30 - 2:00 and snack for the dinner hour. Love those Mickey bars!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter