Lurkyloo's PJ: Morocco/Attic/UK Lower - Greetings from WDW!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also keep in mind if you don't find the exact one that you like it is relatively easy to make one on your own. We modified my mom's veil to personalize it for me, but I know all the materials are pretty cheap to make an entire one yourself. Even if you add crystals, lace, etc. a veil that fits exactly what you want can be really affordable.

i wasn't a fan of veils at all, the symbolism behind them is BS and i just didn't want my face covered-until i found my birdcage...my grandmother also had a really good point, you only get to wear a veil once, it's what sets the bride apart (well, that and the big poofy dress), so that's why i stopped whining about it...

what is it about the fingertips that you don't like? is it the line it makes with your dress? have you tried anything longer, like a cathedral? you could always get one and then have it cut to the length that you want...i think a cathedral would look good with your dress...

don't worry about a veil, when you see it, you'll know it's the one. and you don't have to wear one if you don't want to...

Thanks for all the research, Caryn! I think I like the length of fingertip veils, but I haven't been able to figure out the right combo of fullness and placement to keep it from looking too foofy or too flat. I like that Target one you found - maybe I can modify it....As FigmentFan said, I could add rhinestones if I really want them....

I'll keep y'all posted! ;)

I've been having trouble communicating to Disney Floral what I want for my altar pieces, so I had my fiance draw it for me:

bananaleavesdrawing.jpg

I love it! What kinds of leaves do you want to use? They look very tropical.

:) I've asked for banana leaves. At first they had me with spindly-lookin' potted palms, but I wanted giamormous. My suggestion was that they cut a few from the banana plants on the Jungle Cruise and give them to me for FREE! :rotfl:

Additional Floral

I just realized that I’ve only posted about our personal floral and (lack of ) centerpieces. There are a few other things on our floral proposal, so, to be a completist, here they are…

Chair Covers
%#$@! chair covers! I didn’t want the black plastic Wal*Mart-lookin’ chairs they give you at Epcot, so my plan was to sub in Disney’s classy-looking wooden chairs at a reasonable $5 apiece. But then I found out they charge you something like $250 just to deliver the wooden chairs – whatever it was, in my case it worked out to nearly twice as much as the cost of the chairs! Grrr…. So I had to do chair covers at $8.50 per chair. I always used to cite chair covers as an example of something ridiculous I would never pay to have at my wedding…sigh…But at least I get to have pretty turquoise and orange gauze sashes on them!

Aisle Petals
One thing I have insisted on this whole time is fuchsia rose petals scattered in the aisle – not mounds and mounds, just a scattering. I think it will look really nice in pictures. Everybody keeps telling me they will blow away before the ceremony, but I don’t care. If I want to throw away 50 bucks on MIA rose petals, I can! [stamps foot]

Toss Petals
Another frivolous thing I should probably cut out but insisted upon because I think they’ll look cool in pictures... I considered doing these and the aisle petals myself by ordering freeze-dried petals from www.flyboynaturals.com, but they sell them in such large quantities that I would only have saved a few bucks. Disney is charging me $3.50 each for little chiffon bags to be placed on each seat, and I won’t have to make the bags myself in the days leading up to the wedding.

Cake Table Sashes
They’re going to lay two flat sashes – one turquoise, one orange – in a cross pattern on the cake table. I am not a big fan of “clouding” as they call it – the big swirls of gauzy material one often sees on cake tables. I’m hoping it looks something like this:

Displayidea.jpg

:) I've asked for banana leaves. At first they had me with spindly-lookin' potted palms, but I wanted giamormous. My suggestion was that they cut a few from the banana plants on the Jungle Cruise and give them to me for FREE! :rotfl:

OMG! That is funny!!:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Sorry about the chairs! :scared1: I'm sure it will be beautiful with covers!

I want rose petals too!:) $50-to line the aisle and where you stand?

I agree with the cake table, no clouds here either!

I really fell for the idea of using a big coffee table book full of our engagement photos as our guest book at the reception. Of the websites that offer this service, Blurb is the one I decided to go with because they had more layout options and way better prices, and they offer dust jackets. Plus they have a huge 11x13 size I couldn’t find elsewhere.

I thought I’d just plug some of our photos into one of their layouts and send it off, but it turned into a big (fun!) project when I realized what all I could do with Blurb’s software. I have a background in graphic design, so the perfectionist in me spent hours tweaking each layout. Luckily, DF is a Photoshop pro, so I had him touch me up in a few places (shhhhh! ;) ), and he even replicated his face in a shot where it was obscured by a branch!

We are really happy with the finished product – the glossy book jacket makes it look like a coffee table book. I insist that we wear framer’s gloves when we handle it :lmao: considering people will be balancing canapés in their hands while they write in the book at the reception…

Let me know if you have any questions about Blurb, too!

I’m going to bore you with photos of every page, I’m afraid… My shots of the book aren't that great, but you can see the kinds of layouts Blurb has. Start scrolling! :rotfl:

1.jpg

bookfirstpage.jpg

bookring.jpg

booksipea.jpg

bookblank.jpg

bookcastlekiss.jpg

booktrees.jpg

bookfield.jpg

bookbusheskiss.jpg

bookbeachchair.jpg

booktotemgoof.jpg

bookkissfence.jpg

booktotemtwins.jpg

booktiki.jpg

bookjungle.jpg

bookkiss.jpg

bookbridge.jpg

bookpath.jpg

bookbunny.jpg

booktree.jpg

bookfeet.jpg

bookbackcover.jpg

The book looks great. I love all your photos. Seeing all these photo books being used as guest books is swaying me in this direction. I originally wanted photos at the wedding of the guests who are signing the pages but this is a great idea also. I might not just use engagement photos but also photos of us through the years (especially at Disney). I do have a questions about the type of page that is offered. I do not want the ink to smear and I was wondering if it is glossy paper - or maybe just using a special pen.

As far as passing your book around to have people sign it, I think I would use some type of book cover and not get the jacket messed up. It would be great if you could make some sort of plastic clear cover so people could see the cover but it will not get ruined.

Linda

The book looks great. I love all your photos. Seeing all these photo books being used as guest books is swaying me in this direction. I originally wanted photos at the wedding of the guests who are signing the pages but this is a great idea also. I might not just use engagement photos but also photos of us through the years (especially at Disney). I do have a questions about the type of page that is offered. I do not want the ink to smear and I was wondering if it is glossy paper - or maybe just using a special pen.

As far as passing your book around to have people sign it, I think I would use some type of book cover and not get the jacket messed up. It would be great if you could make some sort of plastic clear cover so people could see the cover but it will not get ruined.

Linda

Yes! I just found out that people are making library-style book jackets using this product

http://www.shopbrodart.com/shop/cb/...ttvalueid=48692&attid=23440#prodGrid_bookmark

so we may do that. Although it'd be easy enough to just leave the jacket at home...

The pages are not glossy - they are matte. I bought two of these archival-quality pens for use in guest books - they write on anything and won't fade:

http://www.americancrafts.com/subcategory.php?id=27&sub=97

I also like your idea of pictures of the guests. I was thinking about doing that with a Polaroid camera before I learned about these books. It would be really nice to have individual shots of all your guests with their comments right there on them!

I really like the picture book idea and I think yours came out great!!

I think I'm going to stick with the guest book like Caryn is using where the guest fill out the pages and answer questions and stuff. But... Maybe for the at home reception, I'll do the big picture book as our guest book since we'll have pictures back by then and everyting. IDK. Too many fabulous ideas and I get panicky! :scared1:

I am thinking of use the guest book from The Guest Book Store. Each page is personalized and you can include a photo taken at the wedding. There are also questions on the page like How far did you travel? Your wishes for the bride and groom? A memory about the couple? etc. I have about 11 months to think about this. I have really enjoyed reading your PJ and am learing so many things using these great boards.

Linda

I am thinking of use the guest book from The Guest Book Store. Each page is personalized and you can include a photo taken at the wedding. There ar ealso questions on the page like How far did you travel? Your wishes for the bride and groom? A memory about the couple? etc. I have about 11 months to think about this. I have really enjoyed reading your PJ and am learing so many things using these great boards.

Linda

:thumbsup2

This is what I'm talking about!

But srsly Carrie, your book is Amazing. lol, I also think it's funny that you do graphic design. Here we go with the twin thing again... I finished all my core classes before I went to Disney for my CP and I was registered for all graphic design classes the semester I got back. Only, I panicked and dropped everything and registered for all business classes instead. It's worked well for me and I'm doing great. I just didn't think I could mix my creative side with work, that's too much pressure. :laughing: I'm a HUGE scrapbooker (I should post pics of my pages in my PJ) but I'm only so-so compared to what some people can do. Some times I daydream about the photoshop skills I wish I had :rolleyes1

Here we go with the twin thing again... I finished all my core classes before I went to Disney for my CP and I was registered for all graphic design classes the semester I got back. Only, I panicked and dropped everything and registered for all business classes instead. It's worked well for me and I'm doing great. I just didn't think I could mix my creative side with work, that's too much pressure. :laughing: I'm a HUGE scrapbooker (I should post pics of my pages in my PJ) but I'm only so-so compared to what some people can do. Some times I daydream about the photoshop skills I wish I had :rolleyes1

You made a great escape - graphic design does not pay! :coffee: (that's a graphic designer reading the Help Wanteds)

You and Caryn should both post your scrapbook pages in your PJs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter