Made the change!

miakoda

Earning My Ears
Hi All....I had reservations for the FTP for Nov...pondered and worried about the cost since we wanted to stay 10 days and not just 7, so we would need additional hotel ressies...we also do not need tickets since we have days from previous trips and AP...THEN, after reading on Mousesavers about the great Entertainment Book rates at Universal resorts, I called Universal and they offered six nights at RPR (waterview) for $125 a night and four nights at PBH (gardenview) for $155...thats much cheaper than the FTP cost(even without the additional hotel nights needed)...I jumped and made ressies at Universal and now I'm second guessing myself!!!! Did I do the right thing? Are the Universal hotels at the same level in quality as the Disney deluxes(we had ressies at AKL savannah-have stayed before)? Why do I feel so disloyal? Any comments are most welcomed and thank you!

Thats a really good rate for PBH I am sure u wont be disapointed with the standards and the fact u looked elsewhere tells u that u want the change so enjoy it :D

Thanks highlander 447 and come to think of it you're right!! I guess all the nail biting waiting for possible AP resort discounts finally got to me...but the thing is, now that I've made the change and ressies are in place, I can finally relax and plan some things (ie PS, Food & Wine, Disney World tours, Discovery Cove, etc) that I had hesitated planning because of the increased hotel costs...now I'm excited again about our trip! And don't have such a sour taste in my mouth regards the cost of hotel rooms at Disney.

You may never go back....

Your expectations will be exceeded I am sure.

Wow! thanks FeeFeeWhite...I'm new to Universal hotels and any tips or 'not to be missed' experiences would be most appreciated! Both RPR and PBH look lovely and we've always enjoyed IOA and US but had decided NOT to visit this trip because of the incredible line waits (even w/Express) so the additional perk of frontline access has both parks back on the itiniery much to the delight of my 15year old son! And I've signed up for Loews First as well....

to Disney's. We love disney resorts and love Universal's just as much. The only edge Universal has is that they are cheaper in rate, but they do not skimp on service, etc.

Great choice. You will have an awesome time!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter