Magic 6/23 ship in poor conditon (a short report)

We're booked on the magic in January. I've never been on it. The Wonder is my favorite ship of the other 4 (Wish is least favorite). Hoping we like it as much as we like the Wonder. We'll be sad to see these smaller ships put to rest when it does finally happen.

I was one of the folks who originally thought OP was a spam/troll because OP joined, posted and then didn't re-engage as questions came up. I see now that OP has re-engaged so clearly my original thinking is not correct on this being spam or troll.

That being said - some of the issues raised by OP are DCL issues that need to be fixed and others are OP not complaining or potentially being new on the ship. After 11 sailings, there are so many things we still DON'T know about a DCL ship and continue to learn new things each time out. On a recent sailing we learned that we could special order items for lunch and have them in the Cabanas. Also, on our last sailing we learned from our server that we could ask for Asian Vegetarian off the crew menu and also we could always ask for fried rice with tofu and vegetables at any time for dinner. Additionally, we had our server actually make us his favorite meal (vegetarian) for us to try one night. All stuff we didn't realize we could do.

AC issues continue on the Magic though much less than we documented in the first sailing since dry dock (Was on the 5/5 Magic sailing after dry dock) @Calantha @auntlynne and I did a trip report for that first sailing after dry dock and you can read about some of the issues we had on the ship right after dry dock.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...om-san-juan-–-5-13-may-2023-complete.3919629/

From my readings of folks since then, it looks like many issues are resolved but some still ongoing.

AFT elevator furthest starboard side hasn't worked in months and still doesn't
Leaky rooms in Concierge still seems to be an unfortunate thing more than a month after dry dock (I personally would be very upset if I paid Concierge prices only to get leaky room)
AC issues actually sound improved over our 5/5 sailing
Water bottle fillers were always available but hard to find unless you know where you are looking and if a first time cruiser may not know where to look; Also, for any number of reasons one or more could be out of order (I see this all the time at airports and wonder why they are out of order so wouldn't surprise me if they were out of order on a ship)

We only did late seating once and we don't prefer to eat that late so now we always aim for Main Dining - though on our first Wish sailing we did have the sssllllooowwweeesssttt servers ever known to man for Main Dining. We were not even getting dinner food until 7 pm and then dessert until 7:45 pm or so. Despite complaining to our head server about slow service it never got better during the sailing. (our table arrived early - this is when our table time was staggered and we had a 5:35 arrival time).

Palo is good but even they have missteps - all are human and it will happen. No one is perfect. I think on the ship if something is not working right in your room you need to say something to your stateroom host or call GS or maintenance right away. usually they try to fix it if they know about it. Can't stay quiet about those things.

Is DCL perfect - nope. Did OP make some mistakes - in my opinion - yes but hopefully they learned from them as a first time cruiser.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter