Magic Bullet Frozen Drinks

Judy in Texas

1150 miles too far from the Fort
Santa brought me a Magic Bullet for Christmas! :woohoo: Now I have to master a good slushy drink. I'm on a cranberry/lime juice kick. I'd like to end up with a nice frozen drink like I can get at a restaurant; but, no luck so far. They are coming out with too much liquid and not enough ice. I understand why when I look at the ingredients I'm using... I fill the mug with ice, add a shot on lemon vodka, a shot of lime juice and 12 ounces of cranberry juice. Any suggestions on how to get a more "slushy" drink? Do I need to put the mixture in the freezer for a while first?

Thanks,

Tonight's effort was to use frozen cranberry juice concentrate instead of the bottled stuff. The consistency was great but it was a bit tart. We're making progress. :thumbsup2

We're hoping to get two weeks off in the September/October timeframe and spend a full week at The Fort. Perhaps we can have a Magic Bullet night!

I usually crush the ice by itself first and add in liquid until it is right. One of our favs is to take the crystal light single packs and mix with vodka or what ever. The cherry lime is good. (a target or wally world knock off)

That sounds like a plan. I was looking at the cranberry flavored single serving powder packets at the grocery yesterday. That might solve my problem of wanting lots of fruit flavor without having to add all the fruit juice. Thanks!

That sounds like a plan. I was looking at the cranberry flavored single serving powder packets at the grocery yesterday. That might solve my problem of wanting lots of fruit flavor without having to add all the fruit juice. Thanks!

You could also make ice cubes out of the cranberry juice -- that will keep regular ice from diluting it. That's what I do with frozen coffee drinks in the summer.

...well, I make ice cubes out of coffee, not cranberry juice...but you know what I mean, right?!

You could also make ice cubes out of the cranberry juice -- that will keep regular ice from diluting it. That's what I do with frozen coffee drinks in the summer.

...well, I make ice cubes out of coffee, not cranberry juice...but you know what I mean, right?!

:thumbsup2

When I make Kungaloosh, I put the liquid ingredients in, then add the ice - always comes out perfect. Try Kungaloosh - it's a proven recipe.

When I make Kungaloosh, I put the liquid ingredients in, then add the ice - always comes out perfect. Try Kungaloosh - it's a proven recipe.

I have all the stuff... Maybe I'll make some this afternoon while I'm baking bread and watching football. Sounds like a plan. thanks! :thumbsup2

By the way, you must have been very good for Santa to bring you the most perfect of Christmas presents.

Right now all I can think of is hot chocolate, hot coffee, hot tea............

By the way, you must have been very good for Santa to bring you the most perfect of Christmas presents.

;)

I think the Magic Bullet will stay in the cabinet today. The rain has changed to snow. I agree that hot chocolate/tea may be the ticket.

We use ours all the time (DH is on a Prescription Diet that requires blended drinks).

One of the tips I have is to use Ice Cube trays to freeze any liquids that you will be adding to the bullet prior to use. That way, the only true "liquids" you add will be the alcohol.

Say, if you are using cranberry juice or lime juice, put them in the ice cube trays and freeze them. Then you can transfer them to ziptop bags to save for when you need them.

The more liquid you add, the less "slushy" you drink will be.

Say, if you are making margaritas, freeze the margarita mix too. It tends to work well!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter