Magic Key Program

I didn't get an e-mail, but I saw this on a Facebook group and I am very curious!

My predictions:

No payment plans
You purchase a certain amount of days per year and pay according to that. The more days you purchase the earlier you can reserve your days and the more reservations you can have at one time.
Less blockout days for the reservation at a cost
No unlimited visits in a year plan
No merch or food discounts
No parking pass

Obviously any of these could be circumvented with an incredibly pricey pass for people that still want it all as before - 2500 per year

My predictions:

No payment plans
You purchase a certain amount of days per year and pay according to that. The more days you purchase the earlier you can reserve your days and the more reservations you can have at one time.
No parking pass

Obviously any of these could be circumvented with an incredibly pricey pass for people that still want it all as before - 2500 per year

I feel like this going to benefit out area / out of state guests. Which is fine for us. We usually take 2 to 3 trips a year and would benefit from this. I think locals are going to be the most upset.

My predictions:

No payment plans
No parking pass

That sounds right to me!

I feel like this going to benefit out area / out of state guests. Which is fine for us. We usually take 2 to 3 trips a year and would benefit from this. I think locals are going to be the most upset.
I'm not out of state but I'm Northern CA so, I only make it down South a few times a year. I would hope for the merchandise and dining discounts which I think may still be included since they have allowed us Legacy passholders to still have to date. They still want to keep you on property and spending money and 10-20% off isn't a huge loss as a lot of passholders spend a lot of money on merch. And honestly before I was a passholder I would eat off site to save money but now it makes more sense with a discount to stay on property to eat.

I'm also hoping it's a descent plan and can apply my upcoming tickets to this plan but it all depends on what they are offering if I'll be interested or not.

I’m super excited for this announcement! We are going in November and are hoping to upgrade our existing tickets to a pass for 2022 while we are there.

My completely uneducated guess is that it will be a reservation based system, There will be no payment plans available, there will be no blockout dates and there will be tiers.

The highest tier which will also be the most expensive will include parking and possibly Maxpass and let you have the most reservations at one time. The lower tiers will allow less reservations and may not include the perks.

I wonder if they would start with only allowing CA residents like they did for the tickets?

I think payment plans will be there.

Disney needs the constant flow of money. If these new "Passes" are too expensive people won't buy them. There is a reason why the California 3 day pass was brought out and extended for ALL of Cali. They could not sell out the days and with borders and other restrictions still in effect, they were not able to bring in the people from out of state enough to move the needle.

We had the Flex pass and loved it. Only thing I would want was to be able to hold 4-5 reservations at a time instead of the three.

Sounds like Flex meets name your own price (as you add in what options you will or won't pay for)

I can't wait to find out what they announce. I'm actually hoping it'll be like Magic Kingdom club. My family had that when I was a kid and there were some great deals. Combine that with maybe pre-purchasing x amount of days per year at a discount and it would actually work for me. We usually go 2-3 times a year for 2-3 days at a time. When we had annual passes, it almost felt like a chore because we live just far enough away for driving down monthly to become an annoying obligation to "get our money's worth", but ultimately we stopped renewing about 3 years ago when prices and crowds spiked.

And, just to save people time, I checked the USPTO website and there is no registration for "Magic Key" as a trademark by TWDC.

For those who haven't received the e-mail. It doesn't necessarily have to be a glitch. You could be in a control group.
It's normal in (e-mail) marketing to have a control group who doesn't receive the communication. This to measure the effectiveness of the communication. They need to know if the people who didn't receive the communication act in the same way as those who did receive the communication.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter