Magical Express Ending Service

I will send a complaint to guest services - what is the correct email address to do this? We need to all protest. this is getting ridiculous. Entertainment cuts alone have made me so upset but I keep wishing/praying it'll come back. ME is probably a #1 perk for most people for on-site stays. If this keeps up, we'll be looking at a Six Flags type of park. Ridiculous

This could turn off single parent travelers with small children. Having ME at the airport meant you could avoid an uber/taxi with a random stranger driving you alone in car that you can only hope has safe brakes, suspension etc. It meant you could avoid driving in an unfamiliar area. It meant you could keep an eye on your children in the airport without having to drag luggage along. Even though I am long past this stage, its upsetting none the less and I am highly disappointed with Disney.

Yep this was me on our last trip. I was meeting my mom at the resort but I was flying with a 7 year old and a 3 year old alone, and luckily we only brought carry-on luggage with us, but just being able to walk up to the ME line made things so much easier after dealing with two flights. Even if WDW wanted to charge for this amenity, it would be better than taking it away entirely.

Magic Bands
Luggage Tags Mailed to you (picking them up at the resort doesn't make any sense!)
60 Day Fastpasses
Extra Magic Hours (30 mins is not the same at all)
180+10 ADR Booking Window
Resort Airline Check In
Magical Express
Resort Item Pickup

You forgot to add free parking (though that's been gone for a couple of years).

I am DVC, so I will continue staying on site. But I don't understand why anyone who isn't DVC would at this point? Lake Buena Vista Resort and Spa is so much nicer and roomier than the hotels on site. When we stayed in a 3 bedroom in 2014, it was $900 for the entire week. Special themed pool, close to several dining options and not a long drive to the parks. What's the benefit to staying on site at this point? I don't see it.

I will send a complaint to guest services - what is the correct email address to do this? We need to all protest.
I agree. I will happily send an email. To be clear - I have never flown and won't fly to Disney. It's a long drive for us.
But that doesn't matter - if they intend to continually cut their services, they need to cut their prices to match it.

I have seen mass email movements change things at Disney before, specifically the DVC points chart fiasco a couple of years ago. No reason not to try now.

You forgot to add free parking (though that's been gone for a couple of years).

I am DVC, so I will continue staying on site. But I don't understand why anyone who isn't DVC would at this point? Lake Buena Vista Resort and Spa is so much nicer and roomier than the hotels on site. When we stayed in a 3 bedroom in 2014, it was $900 for the entire week. Special themed pool, close to several dining options and not a long drive to the parks. What's the benefit to staying on site at this point? I don't see it.

I don't get it either... Disney is almost running out of things to cut now. I am having trouble figuring out why I would even bother paying more to stay on grounds... the packed buses maybe? Ugh.

Also, I feel much safer using Disney transportation in a public mode of transportation rather than separate ride share services. I am sure that many families do not mind using them, but especially when traveling alone or with only my child, I only use Disney transportation. Besides the huge car seat issue, a quick jump from a hotel to the park is one thing, but the longer drive from the airport to the resort just isn't always comfortable for me if I am honest.

I know Disney is their happy place for so many people but you get to a point when it is almost ridiculous to spend that much money to receive an inferior product that you got the year before. I understand COVID will change things and they have to make cuts somewhere but to completely take away everything that is the Disney bubble is a completely crazy idea.

Maybe it will inspire people to use their money to visit the real countries that are in the Epcot showcase

Wow. This news sucks. The cost savings and convenience of DME was a huge reason to stay at a WDW resort. For an out of state AP holder who always arrived by plane, this was definitely a contributing factor to why I could make many trips each year. The luggage service was a huge bonus, too. Starting to wonder if I’m going to like Disney after COVID with all the changes. They haven’t added anything I want, just taken things away!

My kids really loved the moment when we got off the plane, put on our magic bands and went to the ME buses, watched the videos onboard, and always celebrating when we passed under the arch
Exactly this!
There have been a few times we have taken an Uber going to or from the airport but I have a feeling that $30 ride is going to double come 2022.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter