Magical Express to end in 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Realized this last visit that I’d be fine to ride share back to the airport upon check out, it’s only the ride to the resorts that makes it such a great offering for us. Cmon Disney let’s compromise!

Realized this last visit that I’d be fine to ride share back to the airport upon check out, it’s only the ride to the resorts that makes it such a great offering for us. Cmon Disney let’s compromise!

Same. We have a trip planned in October. Since DME lets you off two floors down from the main terminal, we’ll Uber back to the airport, but be glad to ride DME one last time to our resort. I just don’t want to lug our suitcases up two flights.

Almost sounds like Disney has been working with Mears to make DME so bad that "no one uses it anymore" and then they'll be correct in cancelling the contract because of that reason.

Exactly what I think is hilarious "Yea, I think DME has gotten so bad, the lines are too long and its too slow to get to the resorts, so we just take an Uber now, I'm cool with them cancelling it" --- as opposed to "Disney should really be investing some of that increased cost to stay on property to make DME a better, faster, experience. I shouldn't be paying triple the price to stay on property vs off, without this kind of perk."

Perks will go away until removing them has an impact on their earnings. This new CEO seems to be a cost cutting one. Disney will become a better investment than a place to go.

I also enjoy the "COVID is killing disney they "have" to do this" - no they don't. WDW is most likely back to profitability though they posted a loss in their most recent investor call that was domestic parks, and combined with merch it was a tiny loss, wish we could pull out -just- the WDW piece. This decision doesn't even come into effect until 2022 - not now, not in reaction to COVID ... 2022. Secondly, they have been printing money from this park for a decade. They should have the cash resources to keep it supported during an economic downturn like this. They don't "have" to make these cuts, they choose to make these cuts.

I also enjoy the "COVID is killing disney they "have" to do this" - no they don't. WDW is most likely back to profitability though they posted a loss in their most recent investor call that was domestic parks, and combined with merch it was a tiny loss, wish we could pull out -just- the WDW piece. This decision doesn't even come into effect until 2022 - not now, not in reaction to COVID ... 2022. Secondly, they have been printing money from this park for a decade. They should have the cash resources to keep it supported during an economic downturn like this. They don't "have" to make these cuts, they choose to make these cuts.
It comes in to effect in 2022 because that’s when the current contract runs out. They also couldn’t pull the rug out from under people who had already made reservations for 2021.

It comes in to effect in 2022 because that’s when the current contract runs out. They also couldn’t pull the rug out from under people who had already made reservations for 2021.

They could have, the benefits are not guaranteed and it wouldnt be the first time they took things away suddenly. In this case I dont think it has anything to do with the guests but more to do with the Mears contract.

They could have, the benefits are not guaranteed and it wouldnt be the first time they took things away suddenly. In this case I dont think it has anything to do with the guests but more to do with the Mears contract.
That's a rather cynical view. It would also be a legal issue as it could be construed as a bait and switch.

While I have zero opinion on the ME bus(already missing that luggage service though), Disney - at least DVC - has done this before. Look into the valet parking 'benefit' loss several years ago, literally overnight. Some checked in with free valet, only to receive bill upon check out.

Perks will go away until removing them has an impact on their earnings. This new CEO seems to be a cost cutting one. Disney will become a better investment than a place to go.

It's become increasingly obvious that Disney has decided it's real customers are the financial community, This was evident pre-Covid but Covid and post-Covid Disney will go 'full military thrust with afterburners' on that course. It's really too bad to see a company founded on and famous for customer service go the financialization route.

Also now for cruises in 2022 there are no buses to and from the resorts for DCL passengers and there is no option to book Mears transport so I think Disney and Mears are at war, They have to book transit themselves, I can't help but feel that this is 'finance team gone wild' because even before Magical Express there were always DCL busses for cruise passengers. The loss of this 'perk' is going to cost Disney I believe far more than they will 'save' on discontinuing the service. As one of the huge benefits of a Disney vacation was that your vacation began at your home airport you did not need to do anything but check out from reality for the length of your vacation.

While I have zero opinion on the ME bus(already missing that luggage service though), Disney - at least DVC - has done this before. Look into the valet parking 'benefit' loss several years ago, literally overnight. Some checked in with free valet, only to receive bill upon check out.

I was one of those, not a happy camper at the time would have been nice while checking in that valet was going to paid.

Also now for cruises in 2022 there are no buses to and from the resorts for DCL passengers and there is no option to book Mears transport so I think Disney and Mears are at war, They have to book transit themselves, I can't help but feel that this is 'finance team gone wild' because even before Magical Express there were always DCL busses for cruise passengers. The loss of this 'perk' is going to cost Disney I believe far more than they will 'save' on discontinuing the service. As one of the huge benefits was your vacation began at your home airport you did not need to do anything but check out from reality for the length of your vacation.

It was my understanding that DCL will still have transportation to/from MCO to the cruise port.

It was my understanding that DCL will still have transportation to/from MCO to the cruise port.

Thats my understanding as well, But it’s unfortunate for cruisers who used to bookend a DCL cruise with visits to WDW, a large fraction of that business will be lost to WDW because people will not want to pay hundreds of dollars for transportation to/from resorts.
Cruisers are Disneys target demographic people with money to burn, cruising aint cheap and DCL is among the most expensive (was worth it we’ll see post covid) is there a single functional brain between Burbank and Celebration ????

Thats my understanding as well, But it’s unfortunate for cruisers who used to bookend a DCL cruise with visits to WDW, a large fraction of that business will be lost to WDW because people will not want to pay hundreds of dollars for transportation to/from resorts.
Cruisers are Disneys target demographic people with money to burn, cruising aint cheap and DCL is among the most expensive (was worth it we’ll see post covid) is there a single functional brain between Burbank and Celebration ????
Haven't you always paid for the cruise transfers?

Haven't you always paid for the cruise transfers?

when we did a DVC members cruise we did not pay for the port canaveral to WDW transfer it was a DCL bus on both ends.

that was my one and only cruise, liked the cruise but my company was not happy that i was offline for that interval. So never did another

when we did a DVC members cruise we did not pay for the port canaveral to WDW transfer it was a DCL bus on both ends.

that was my one and only cruise, liked the cruise but my company was not happy that i was offline for that interval. So never did another
I guess I would have gotten a new job! pirate:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter