• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magical Express--???

SSDonut

DIS Veteran
Hi. We are leaving for WDW on Nov 17th, and just determined that we Will need to use ME. . .

So, I realize we are timing this rather tight (and truthfully, I'm not exactly sure I know what I'm doing!). We are DVC members staying on DVC points. . .

Should I call MS and arrange for ME? I see you can submit at request online, but I'm a little leery--has anyone done this? I know I need my resort reservation number, do I also need flight specifics?

We are flying AirTran, which isn't a participating airline, so do we pick up our own luggage and bring it to the ME desk at MCO?

Thanks for any and all help/advice. . .I can't believe we leave in less than a month!! :cheer2:

I used the DVC on line service to get DME for my guests who were going on Air Tran from Philadelphia. It went smoothly for them both ways.

I think they only ask that you let them know 3 weeks in advance, so really you are in a good time frame. My friends got confirmation in the mail and I got something to my e-mail account.

Bobbi :flower:

if you get the luggage tags from Disney before you leave - no you don't need to get your luggage.

Disney will get no matter what airlines.

if you don't get the luggage tags then go get it. the outside service disney hired has a time trying to find the luggage.

then just go to the first level and sign up.

the airlines stuff will get you on the trip back. you have to take your luggage with you. You will also need to check in your own luggage - and therefore I think you have to check in??? not sure about that one.

remember

ww.wegoshop.com
for your grocery needs

Just give MS a call to sign up for ME. Yes you will need to give them your flight info (both arrival and departure flights). Inbound it helps them with scheduling buses (how many, when, which resorts) and outbound you will be assigned to a particular bus departure time from your resort based on your flight time.

There may not be enough time for you to receive your ME routing tags. These tags are what allow your bags to be recognized when they are unloaded on arrival at MCO and cause your bags to be diverted to the ME service rather than sent to baggage claim. If the tags arrive in time, put them on your luggage and you're all set -- your bags will be intercepted at MCO and will "magically" arrive in your room about 3 hours after you arrive. If you do not receive your ME routing tags in time, then just claim your bags at baggage claim and take them with you on the ME bus. You do have the option of giving identifying info to the ME CMs and letting them track down your bags at baggage claim for you. It will add to the delay in getting your bags delivered to the resort, however. Personally I would go get my bags in this case but it's up to you.

Re: AirTran not being a "participating" airline, that's only an issue when you are heading home. If you fly a participating airline, you can check in for your flight and check your bags right at the resort. When it's time to leave for the airport, you just board the bus with your carryon bags and once you get to the airport you head straight to security. Since AirTran is not a participating airline, you will take all of your luggage with you on the bus (it will be loaded underneath) and when you get to the airport, you go and check in for your flight and check your luggage just as you normally do.

Hope this helps!

Thanks Everyone--as usual all your information is very helpful!

I will call MS when I get home (don't have the flight info here at work), and then we'll continue our countdown!!!

We are doing ME tonorrow for the first time. :banana: :Pinkbounc :banana:

We will be using ME for the 3rd time next month. No problems the first 2 times and an added bonus seems to be that because they know when you are arriving they try to have a room ready for their ME guests. We checked at 1130 at CSR and 130 at BCV and all our requests were met!

SSDonut said:
Should I call MS and arrange for ME? I see you can submit at request online, but I'm a little leery--has anyone done this? I know I need my resort reservation number, do I also need flight specifics?

We just returned home Friday. About 3-4 weeks ago I submitted our request for DME online. Within less than 24 hours, I had an email letting me know they received my request. About two weeks before we left, our envelope arrived from DME.

We flew Southwest & only had carry-on luggage. We went down to Level 1. The only thing that confused us a bit was we didn't know we had to check in first before going to the area where the line was for the bus. The line was long, but it moved along smoothly. All total it took about an hour & a half from the time we got off the plane to th time we were in line to check-in at OKW.

Returning to the airport on Friday was interesting. Our bus was schedule to leave OKW at 4:50 p.m. Several of us had been there since about 4:25/4:30 p.m. Well, enough of us kept asking that the bellman, that someone from OKW called & a bus showed up about 5:15 p.m. From OKW we then stopped at SSR & got to the airport about 6 p.m. Fortunately some of us had flight delays due to weather in the northeast, so we had plenty of time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter