Magical Memories in the Making ... A Pre-TR! TR LINK UP!

ariel1025

DIS Veteran
Hello and welcome to my Pre-TR. If you are following me over from one of my previous trip reports - thanks for being crazy, er I mean, nice enough to join me again ;) If you are a new reader than :welcome: and thanks for jumping in on the fun!

You should be warned, there are lots of things not set in stone and even when they are we change our minds A LOT! But, hey, it keeps things interesting right :rolleyes1

Since this trip is still pretty far off (everyone starts planning 10 months ahead of time right :rolleyes1) I will be breaking this up into several sections to stretch out the fun. And, apparently stretch out my sentences to make them run-ons as well :rotfl:

But, just to peak your interest a little here's a few teasers to get ya started:

1. We will be sailing on the Magic (wait! what? not on the dream like the rest of the Disney loving world?)
2. There will be a small group of us going (should be interesting to try to keep a group of "x number" of people happy)
3. We will be tacking on time at WDW at some point in this vacation

And .... yep, that about covers it for now :thumbsup2

Coming up soon - Introductions

I found and read your last TR in the past two days, and I really enjoyed it. Happy 6 month bday to your little man. I'm holding my new three week old daughter right now, so I sympathized with the parts of your TR when you were not feeling well.

I found and read your last TR in the past two days, and I really enjoyed it. Happy 6 month bday to your little man. I'm holding my new three week old daughter right now, so I sympathized with the parts of your TR when you were not feeling well.

Thanks so much for reading and the birthday wishes to my little guy :goodvibes Congratulations on your daughter! 3 weeks old - wow! I know it sounds crazy but that age seems like it was light years ago. It's true what they say - it really does fly by!

I reckon the most logical place to start would be with myself since I'm the planning extraordinaire for this trip.

My name is Shannon and I am a "20 something" Wife and Mother. I have been blessed to call the 2 most amazing guys in the world my family :goodvibes

20090623_4.jpg

But, let's get to the good stuff ... the Disney stuff :thumbsup2

Favorite Park: Epcot
Favorite Ride: Tie between Aerosmith's Rock'n Roller Coaster & Soarin'
Favorite Character: Tigger
Favorite Princess: Ariel ... or Belle
Favorite Restaurant: Artist Point
Favorite Resort: Wilderness Lodge
Favorite Show: Wishes (hands down!)

Next up we have my Husband, Candido (but we all call him Candi because there is five of 'em). He is (an almost) 30 year old who thinks his life is ending because he will no longer be able to say he is "twenty X" years old :laughing:

DSC_0240.jpg

Favorite Ride: Aerosmith's Rock'n Roller Coaster
Favorite Character: claims not to have one :sad2:
Favorite Princess: Jasmine ... need I explain why :rolleyes1
Favorite Restaurant: O'hanas
Favorite Resort: Wilderness Lodge (lobby) / Animal Kingdom (rooms)
Favorite Show: MNSSHP Fireworks Show

And, last, but most importantly, we have the star of this whole shindig ... Candido aka James (his middle name) aka Cinco (because he's the fifth :thumbsup2)

DSC_0286.jpg

Obviously not him ... but this is the night I wished for him :goodvibes

canon3435.jpg

Brand new!

cinco.jpg

Today - 6 months old!

Favorite Park: I'll say Epcot because it's the only one he "visited" (while he was in my belly ;))
Favorite Ride: his stroller :rotfl:
Favorite character: I'm going to say Jiminy Cricket because he always smiles when he narrarates on the Wishes CD we listen to at bedtime
Favorite Princess: His Mommy :rolleyes1

Coming up next ... more introductions ... we are just getting started folks!

LOVED your last report and as a Mom of three boys, adoring your pics of adorable James:cloud9:, what a cutie patootie! Can't wait to read your updates to your next cruise!!

Great start Shannon! Love the 6 month picture of James, such a cutie!

Tell Candi that he can say he's 20 something as long as he wants too, afterall, I've been 29 for a few years now........... :rolleyes1

Joining in! Love the baby's 6 month pic. SO CUTE!!!

Welcome and thank you so much :goodvibes

LOVED your last report and as a Mom of three boys, adoring your pics of adorable James:cloud9:, what a cutie patootie! Can't wait to read your updates to your next cruise!!

3? Wow! How old?

Great start Shannon! Love the 6 month picture of James, such a cutie!

Tell Candi that he can say he's 20 something as long as he wants too, afterall, I've been 29 for a few years now........... :rolleyes1

:rotfl: I'm just worried how he's going to react when he turns 40 ... or, heaven forbid, 50 :rotfl2:

Up next we have my parents, Ken and Mary, who will be referred to as Grandma and Grandpa starting .... NOW :thumbsup2

parents.jpg

They both turned the big 5-0 recently but, shhhh, we won't tell them I told ya. Seriously though, do they not look awesome for being 50!!

Both of my parents have only been to Disney World once, back in 1998 on our family trip, and neither of them have ever been on a cruise. We have actually tried to get them to vacation with us before, but they always opted out. I guess they didn't have it in their hearts to say no when James "asked" them to come this time ;)

canon3606.jpg

Favorite Ride: Doesn't remember, but does remember he was bummed that although you could see it, Test Track wasn't open yet :sad2:
Favorite Character: none :scared1:
Favorite Princess: pleads the fifth because my Mom was in the room :rotfl:
Favorite Resort: Contemporary (only place he stayed)
Favorite Restaurant: Plaza in MK
Favorite Show: fireworks at Epcot (not sure if it was Illuminations back then or not :confused3)

DSC_0005.jpg

Favorite Park: Magic Kingdom (her actual answer: the one with the castle :lmao:)
Favorite Ride: couldn't think of one
Favorite Character: Minnie Mouse
Favorite Princess: Cinderella
Favorite Resort: Contemporary because that's where we stayed but was super jealous of all the people staying at Grand Floridian :lmao:
Favorite Restaurant: Pizza Planet
Favorite Show: All the parades!

In addition to being a family vacation, they will also be celebrating my Mom's birthday and their 32nd wedding anniversary :hug:

I'm here Shannon! :goodvibes I can not stand the cuteness that is James! What an adorable baby! Seriously one of the cutest I've ever seen. :cutie: I can't wait to hear about what all you have planned for your trip! popcorn::

Alright, let's wrap these introductions up so we can finally get to the good stuff. You know - where are we gonna go, what are we gonna do, are we gonna coordinate our clothes and, most importantly, where are we gonna eat :thumbsup2

The final group in our traveling party is Candi's parents - Flora and Candido who will be referred to as Nana and Tata starting .... NOW!

DSC_0170.jpg

They have both been to Disneyland more times than anyone can count and are not entirely convinced that WDW could be even an inkling better :confused3 To further matters one of the two Tata is FREAKED out to get on a cruise ship ... but I didn't just tell his little secret ok :upsidedow

Tata is a hard working rancher and deserves a vacation almost more than anybody I know. As I mentioned he isn't very fond of getting on a ship and, come to mention it, to get on a plane either :rolleyes1

Favorite Park: Disneyland as it's the only place he's ever been
Favorite Ride: Soarin' - he will ride it over and over and over again and always talk about the same parts when it's over - too cute!
Favorite Character: :confused:
Favorite Princess: Too macho to admit that :laughing:
Favorite Resort: unknown at this time
Favorite Restaurant: unknown at this time but loves almost any buffet
Favorite Show: any that are in air conditioning as he considers them the best places to take a nap :rotfl2:

Nana is a home health care nurse and never actually gets a day off so she is the person I declare in need of a vacation the most!

Favorite Park: Disneyland as it's also the only place she's ever been
Favorite Ride: Small World - though I'm afraid she will be let down by WDW's version :sad2:
Favorite Character: Flora (the fairy from Sleeping Beauty)
Favorite Princess: Aurora
Favorite Resort: unknown at this time but she loves Beach Club from the pictures :)
Favorite Restaurant: unknown at this time and frankly would rather spend her time shopping than eating :lmao:
Favorite Show: Electrical Parade

So there you have it - it will be the largest group we have ever traveled with. And to be honest, consider the fact we both have our parents and in retrospect our In-laws going and then throw in an unpredictable 16 month old and I'm a little nervous of the turn out. But, more than that, I am so so so so so excited to share the fun with everyone.

Coming up next .... to park or not to park? That is the question!

I came over from your cruise TR and excited to see how the planning pans out. James is the cutest little thing ever

I actually envy you having in-laws that you don't mind traveling with, I'm not sure I could survive a vacation with mine :eek:

I came over from your cruise TR and excited to see how the planning pans out. James is the cutest little thing ever

Welcome and thank you! :goodvibes

I actually envy you having in-laws that you don't mind traveling with, I'm not sure I could survive a vacation with mine :eek:

:laughing: Trust me it isn't all pretty, all the time. My MIL and I have a love/hate relationship for sure. We just have extremely differing views on everything from breakfast foods to how to raise mine and Candi's (I think she forgets that part sometime :rolleyes1) Son. But, Candi is very close to his parents as I am to mine and for occasions such as these I am able to put our differences aside. Plus, I know she will be on her "best behavior" to try and impress my parents :rotfl2:

Once the cruise was officially booked we knew there were two things that we needed to add to the vacation. One, a hotel because we aren't brave enough to fly in the day the ship leaves port. Two, a park day before we set sail. Ok, ok, so to go to a park or not was never really a question that had to be discussed :laughing: And, considering this was a first visit for 3 individuals and 1 of them will be just over a year old we knew without a doubt which park we had to visit ...

Image006.jpg

I mean really, is there even another option to consider!

So, with that decided here are our "Top Fives" we are hoping to conquer during our day at Magic Kingdom.

Shannnon's Choices:

1. Get James's first hair cut at the Barber Shop - I just hope he makes it that long; although his hair is thin it is getting long rather quickly :sad2:
2. Take James on Dumbo as his first ride - hmmmm, will this be completed and running by then :confused3
3. Buy James his first pair of Mickey ears - it's a right of passage isn't it :thumbsup2
4. Finally remember to try a Dole Whip!
5. See Wishes!!!

Candi's Choices:

1. Buy Cinco his first pair of Mickey ears
2. Take Cinco on the carousel
3. Ride all the mountains - can this really count as one item on the list :rotfl:
4. Share a Mickey bar with Cinco
5. Watch Wishes

Now, we both know that these are only hopes and not guarauntees but I think we will do all right. Especially since we have some of the same items on the list :thumbsup2

Our plan right now is to get to the park early in the morning (so far James proves to be an early riser. Can we say 6:00 a.m. daily :rolleyes:) and then go until the baby starts to show signs of being tired. We are hoping this will be around lunch time. We will then head back to the (as of yet, undecided) hotel where we will either 1. grab lunch at the quick service and take it back to our room or 2. go straight back to the room and order pizza. Either way we will then settle in for a big, long nap. After nap time is over we are hoping to head to the pool for a few and then head back to the room where the baby will get a quick bath and go back down for a nap while we shower and get ready for dinner. After dinner we will then head back to the park to hit up as many rides as we can before Wishes. We will watch Wishes and then head back to the room to settle in for the night since the next morning we will leave for our cruise :woohoo:

Don't get me wrong, I am very aware that with 6 adults and a small child plans never go as hoped. But, I have to have a plan just to feel better :lmao:

Coming Soon: What to do, What to do?

I agree that a before the cruise day at MK is a must! That is going to be so much fun with James! And I think it's really fun that you're going on a trip with both your parents and in-laws. I'm hoping our next trip can be more of a family trip, too. :goodvibes

Joining in on the fun!!popcorn::popcorn::

:welcome::welcome:

I agree that a before the cruise day at MK is a must! That is going to be so much fun with James! And I think it's really fun that you're going on a trip with both your parents and in-laws. I'm hoping our next trip can be more of a family trip, too. :goodvibes

I'm excited! We've vacationed with just his parents and just my parents but never all together. I'm sure I will have many stories to tell when it is all said and done :rotfl::goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter