Magical Years Pass

How have you used the MY Pass?

• Yes, we purchased it and it works for us

• We purchased but are not sure it was the right thing

• No, this pass won't work for us.

• First I've heard of it....it might work

• First I've heard of it....don't think it's right for us

Results are only viewable after voting.
Although that is certainly better, we would still stick with the AP as we would visit the parks many more days than the 20 allotted in 5 years.

Of course the FL resident discount would be the most desirable but I would settle for being offered the same pass discounts the Disney Club receives. This would allow us to get a discount on the type of pass that best suits our needs. I realize we are a very small sample of the total membership but I wonder if anyone has taken DVC up on the MYP?

The DVC pass is way too restrictive! We have been using the annual pass the last couple of years, and that has worked out much better for us.

We too would just like a DVC discount available on all ticket media..that would allow us to pick and choose what fits our individual vacation styles. Like Pam said, even the same discount offered to the Disney Club members would be a good start!

I'm not sure what the person was thinking of when they dreamed up this special 5 year DVC ticket..I too would love to see some stats on how many people actually purchased them. However, offering some type of discounted ticket was a step in the right direction, and maybe DVC will be able to work with WDW to come up with better options for their members.

I wonder what Disney now thinks of this pass since the majority here will not purchase it!!! I wonder how many they really sold!!

Werner, I would consider it if the days never expired.. I doubt I would lay out that much cash at one time, but it would be more appealing if the passes were good forever. This 5 year expiration thing is way too restrictive and, for me anyway, makes the pass useless and a bad value.

Originally posted by rbuzzotta
I wonder what Disney now thinks of this pass since the majority here will not purchase it!!! I wonder how many they really sold!!

Good point ... with 140 votes in at this point, less than 3% would even think about buying it. If that is at all close to actual sales, the MYP may be DOA.

If this vote is any indication it is pretty obvious that this either wasn't aimed at DVC members or shouldn't have been. It wouldn't work for me either. I take two to three trips a year to WDW and stay 8-10 days each time. I have a PAP and will keep it.

It's not a horrible deal for those that go about a week every year but as noted, there are much better options if you can do a little planning. I guess I'd put this in the categorie of "what were you smoking DVC when you came out with this". They had a golden opportunity and blew it. It has long been my feeling that DVC would be FAR BETTER OFF offering a fairly significant discount on ALL passes or as a MINIMUM, something similar to the FL residents discounts. They should also offer dining and other discounts that are at least as good as the FL programs available like DDE 20% discount on dining. I just think the positive affect on current members and the use of those discounts as a selling point would be hard to beat. I shutter to think what we'll have, or won't have, when DVC is through selling and they're just waiting till they get the land back.

I'd certainly buy it as a 20 day hopper...it would be just 37.50 per day not counting the water parks... I sent an e-mail to disney suggesting they turn it into a cross between a hopper & a UMP. You could use as many days as you want but it has to be in connection with a DVC stay. If they insist the pass could still expire in 5 years (at $37.50 I think they'd want it to...the 7 day hopper is around $43 a day).

Something tells me that if they turn it into a hopper the price will go to at least $800.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter