Main Street Horses...The baby is finally here!

TheColtonsMom

DIS Veteran
We have a new foal who should be born in the next 24-48 hours. If it is a filly her name will be Daisy after Daisy Duck who my 6 year old son says is his girlfriend.

We are trying to pick a Disney related name for it if we get a little boy horse. Someone suggested that we name it after one of the horses on Main Street but the only one I can remember is Charlotte...Can any of you help me out?

If you have them pics w/ the names are welcome...if we use this I would like to recognize his namesake when we go to DL in October.

I'm pretty sure one is named Jake. Normally I ride the streetcar when the Dapper Dans are on it, and don't really pay attention to anything else. I could tell you their names, however. :love:

Edit: I found a picture of myself with one, and the caption says Danny. Just remembering how frisky and funny he was (while trying to get a pic, he practically tried to eat my shirt), I'd totally name my horse after him.

I have a few pictures but I don't know if these horse are still working or not.

Mike
Tom
Duke
Jake
Doc

We got to ride the trolley with three different horses when we where there in November. Here they are.....

Sam, a beautiful black Percheron.
2336768640102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

This was a funny one of him but it shows his face and just how well he paid attention to his driver.
2720160090102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

Sulley, a giant 19 hand Belgian, who we were told was the largest horse at Disneyland.
2331444740102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

2071111390102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

Lee, another Belgian who had also come from the same breeders as Sulley.
2746255630102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

2470194250102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

We would like to adopt one of the Disney horses one day. So I have made it a photo quest of mine to take pictures of all of the Main Street horses that I can. I had to wait cuz of the renovations done on Main Street. I was in DL yesterday and was able to start my quest. I have only met two so far.

I meet Logan in Nov 2010. I really liked him because he minded me of our Paint, Pocket. He is 4 years old, and he likes people. Look at his mane. It is gorgeous! BTW, half of his mane was braided, it is much thicker than this picture reveals.

DSC_7159-1.jpg

This is Brother. I didn't get much information on him, since I only had a few minutes to snap the picture. He is Shire cross.

DSC_8251-1.jpg

DSC_8252-1.jpg

Interestingly enough, we have two retired Disney horses (both Percherons) that are boarded at the ranch where we board our horses. Their names are Triton and Rex. You can't see them on Main Street, but there are their names anyway.

I hope your foal arrives healthy and strong.

Related question to this thread.

Does each horse have two names?

This may be WDW only, I though it strange, just can't remember who's castle I was riding to.

But I have ridden on the trolley after looking at the name tag and the operator called the horse by a different name as we took off. But sometimes the same name. Do the horses have a stage name on thier name tag, and a real name that they respond to?

Awwwwww, congratulations! Please post a pic of him or her after he/she arrives :lovestruc

I absolutely will

We got to ride the trolley with three different horses when we where there in November. Here they are.....

Sam, a beautiful black Percheron.
2336768640102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

This was a funny one of him but it shows his face and just how well he paid attention to his driver.
2720160090102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

Sulley, a giant 19 hand Belgian, who we were told was the largest horse at Disneyland.
2331444740102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

2071111390102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

Lee, another Belgian who had also come from the same breeders as Sulley.
2746255630102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

2470194250102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

We would like to adopt one of the Disney horses one day. So I have made it a photo quest of mine to take pictures of all of the Main Street horses that I can. I had to wait cuz of the renovations done on Main Street. I was in DL yesterday and was able to start my quest. I have only met two so far.

I meet Logan in Nov 2010. I really liked him because he minded me of our Paint, Pocket. He is 4 years old, and he likes people. Look at his mane. It is gorgeous! BTW, half of his mane was braided, it is much thicker than this picture reveals.

DSC_7159-1.jpg

This is Brother. I didn't get much information on him, since I only had a few minutes to snap the picture. He is Shire cross.

DSC_8251-1.jpg

DSC_8252-1.jpg

Interestingly enough, we have two retired Disney horses (both Percherons) that are boarded at the ranch where we board our horses. Their names are Triton and Rex. You can't see them on Main Street, but there are their names anyway.

I hope your foal arrives healthy and strong.

I really like Sulley & Triton (even if he has retired) Other names suggested around the boards that are in contention are Phillipe (Horse from B&TB) Naveen (prince from the princess & the frog) and Samson (Prince Phillips Horse in Sleeping Beauty) Keep it coming folks...If we get a little boy we are thinking of posting a poll.

Mariezp When I was posting this thread I was desperately trying to remember who had that horse crazy girl child...I knew I saw names W/photos somewhere!

Related question to this thread.

Does each horse have two names?

This may be WDW only, I though it strange, just can't remember who's castle I was riding to.

But I have ridden on the trolley after looking at the name tag and the operator called the horse by a different name as we took off. But sometimes the same name. Do the horses have a stage name on thier name tag, and a real name that they respond to?

I don't know if Disney uses a stage name or just goes with a call name. Most horses that are papered have a call name and an registered name. Our Paint's name is Straight Image Cowboy, but we always call him "Pocket". He even came with a different call name, but we changed it because there were too many "Cowboys" in our barn. If they do use a stage name that Disney requires the drivers to use, I would imagine that the drivers used the familiar call name when he(or she) asks for something difficult or challenging for the horse (like moving in a tight area which I have seen them do at DL). Or maybe there was a lot of distractions and needed to be sure the horse is paying attention.

All of ours have their papered names & call names....We have several mares that have the same sire and his name is the beginning of all their names (Hannibar) my sister's horse is call name Hannah and her registered name is Hannibar Top a mis mash of her Sire and Dam. Our paint is Skyhigh Cowgirl and her call name is Skye but the others all have two names that are vastly different. I like the call name Pocket by the way Cute!.

These might help:

http://courtofmiracles.net/disneydata/horses.htm

http://www.hiddenmickeys.org/Disneyland/Secrets/MainStreet/Horses.html

Or consider "Jingles" which is one of the Carousel horses (considered the lead horse, painted gold for the 50th anniversary).

Here's a list of the Carousel horses names: (in alphabetical order): Alma, Arabian Knight, Avanti, Baby, Belle, Bruce, Centurion, Checkers, Checkers Jr., Champion, Chodis, Cinch, Copper, Crown Jewel, Crusader, Dagger, Daisy, Dante, Duke, Eagle Scout, Elinor, Elroy, Emerald, Fern, Flourish, Frenchy, Galaxy, Gypsy, Hal, Ivy, Jester, Jingles, Kaleidoscope, King Richard, Lance, Leo, Leprechaun, Lucifer's Rose, Lunatic, National Velvet, Patches, Pegasus, Penny, Queenie, Rally, Red Devil, Renaissance, Sapphire, Saxon, Screaming Eagle, Sea Biscuit, Sir Lancelot, St. Patrick, Steamer, Tartan, Tassel, Testy Pat, Thistle, Tiny, Topaz, Tulip, Turbo, Unice & Valance.

My daughter just did a 4-H presentation on the Disneyland horses. There are 28 of them that live at Circle D ranch in Disneyland behind Toontown and Frontierland (no, the public cannot tour the Ranch). I don't know their names, but thought it was very interesting that there were 28!

Also, I LOVE the name Sulley!

These might help:

http://courtofmiracles.net/disneydata/horses.htm

http://www.hiddenmickeys.org/Disneyland/Secrets/MainStreet/Horses.html

Or consider "Jingles" which is one of the Carousel horses (considered the lead horse, painted gold for the 50th anniversary).

Here's a list of the Carousel horses names: (in alphabetical order): Alma, Arabian Knight, Avanti, Baby, Belle, Bruce, Centurion, Checkers, Checkers Jr., Champion, Chodis, Cinch, Copper, Crown Jewel, Crusader, Dagger, Daisy, Dante, Duke, Eagle Scout, Elinor, Elroy, Emerald, Fern, Flourish, Frenchy, Galaxy, Gypsy, Hal, Ivy, Jester, Jingles, Kaleidoscope, King Richard, Lance, Leo, Leprechaun, Lucifer's Rose, Lunatic, National Velvet, Patches, Pegasus, Penny, Queenie, Rally, Red Devil, Renaissance, Sapphire, Saxon, Screaming Eagle, Sea Biscuit, Sir Lancelot, St. Patrick, Steamer, Tartan, Tassel, Testy Pat, Thistle, Tiny, Topaz, Tulip, Turbo, Unice & Valance.

Very cool links Thanks! and WOW I did not realize there were so many horses on that carousel. Anybody know which one is Lillian's horses name?

DSC_8251-1.jpg
Brother is my favorite horse at Disneyland right now and he always brings a smile out of me when I see him on Main Street. Here he is at the Hub.

I have pictures of a few other horses to post shortly. :goodvibes

This is Reggie, another Shire and according to one of the CMs, is good friends with Brother.

Another shot of Reggie

Probably my favorite horse at Disneyland (although he's now retired) is Ike. He was the first horse I "met" on Main Street. He's a Belgian draft horse and really handsome.

Another shot of Ike

This is another one of my favorites, Kaleb. I think he's retired too, since I haven't seen him in over a year. He was kind of persnickety, but that's one reason I liked him.

This horse is named Red.

This beautiful horse is Kayla.

This is Orva, which is prounced or-vee according to the CMs.

This one is Jimmy

This Percheron is named Tyson. He's also retired.

You can click each photo and look at a larger version on my Flickr photostream. If I find any more, I'll be sure to post them here. :goodvibes

This is Reggie, another Shire and according to one of the CMs, is good friends with Brother.

Another shot of Reggie

Probably my favorite horse at Disneyland (although he's now retired) is Ike. He was the first horse I "met" on Main Street. He's a Belgian draft horse and really handsome.

Another shot of Ike

This is another one of my favorites, Kaleb. I think he's retired too, since I haven't seen him in over a year. He was kind of persnickety, but that's one reason I liked him.

This horse is named Red.

This beautiful horse is Kayla.

This is Orva, which is prounced or-vee according to the CMs.

This one is Jimmy

This Percheron is named Tyson. He's also retired.

You can click each photo and look at a larger version on my Flickr photostream. If I find any more, I'll be sure to post them here. :goodvibes

Every single one of them is a beautiful animal. Horses are one of the most majestic looking creatures I have ever seen. Kayla looks HUGE. Maybe it's just the angle the picture was taken. But WOW. Again, they are all sooooo beautiful. I love horses. :hug:

Thanks everybody for all the input keep it coming. Plus I am totally loving all of your pics of the horses I have been a horse freak since I was a child! Also am very glad to see some of you are enjoying looking at and sharing these pics as well....I for one am really enjoying this thread and am so glad I started it!

Very cool links Thanks! and WOW I did not realize there were so many horses on that carousel. Anybody know which one is Lillian's horses name?

Well, interesting...when I went looking for the answer to your question...I came across this link: http://nationalcarousel.org/psp/Disneyland/Doubloon.html

According to that link, Lillian Disney's favorite Carousel Horse is Dentzel Jumper ....which isn't even listed in the ones that I found, lol.

Another link says that her favorite horse was marked with a gold tooth, so it would be recognizable and it's name is goldie. It's supposedly 4 horses behind Jingles on the outter ring.

I think when we go next month I'm going to have to spend a bit more time checking out the horses, lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter